Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe» Debt Free Diaries

Keeping Going For My Furbabies - Page 5

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Keeping Going For My Furbabies

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
380 replies 31.3K views

Replies

• astrocytic_kittenastrocytic_kitten Forumite
    367 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Love cats and Christmas decorations :rotfl:

Well done on no spend weekend. How are you feeling about things after the dr visit?
    Total debt: 3,359 (Jan 2021) / 23,167 (Dec 2018)
  • StartingAgainAt29StartingAgainAt29 Forumite
    349 posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Thanks astrocytic kitten, I am feeling better, having such a nice chilled weekend really helped (plus the medication probably!) Yes cats and decorations....last year it was cat1 climbing the tree, this year I got a slimmer tree (as he broke the last one!) so cat2 has taken the destruction baton over lol.

I spent £13.74 today, most of that in Aldi for some top up bits and £3.99 in B&M for cat food:mad: I usually get it in Aldi for £1-something, but my precious princes will only eat the gravy stuff, and ofc they didn't have gravy stuff! So had to fork out £3.99 for Sheba as they had no food left.

Meeting a friend for a drink tomorrow night, and I think I'm out with the girls Wednesday too, not sure about spends yet.

Had a text from my mum to say my brother has been attacked in the street by a gang of kids :( He's only 17 and has a learning disability, and has just started to get a nice social life and the confidence to go out on his own and this has happened. Ripped his brand new coat. Luckily he didn't have anything on him other than his phone, and he managed to keep that, but apparently he's in a really bad way :( Honestly what is this world.
    Nov 19 CC was: £1334.95 Now: £0!! 1% challenge - 100% Savings:£300.83February take lunch to work: 19/18
    Made in Feb: £41.68 Made in March: £32.15
    Made in April: £31.79, Made in May: £30.18
    349 posts
    ✭✭
    My money from PA finally came through, so I've withdrawn £32.23 from PP and sent it to the CC. Now under £1200, at £1193.28 :D
    Nov 19 CC was: £1334.95 Now: £0!! 1% challenge - 100% Savings:£300.83February take lunch to work: 19/18
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Sorry to read about your brother, hopefully he (and his confidence) recovers quickly x

Well done on your overpayments :D x
    349 posts
    ✭✭
    Hi SSDD23 thanks for commenting! I think he's still struggling but hopefully he'll get there :(

I enjoyed my night out with my friend last night, although I got home at 10pm and I'm surprised the boys hadn't called Childline (or the feline equivalent) on me, so hungry were they. I spent £13.50, had a huge plate of pasta, a glass of wine, and then she treated me to another glass. The more I talk to people the more I can think through and process what's happened, and start thinking about what I want out of life in the future. I'm trying to change my mindset to be excited about what opportunities there are waiting for me, rather than terrified that I don't know what's coming up. When I was younger I never imagined myself staying in my home town (I've lived in a few different places in my life for work/study) and maybe this is the chance for me to branch out like I always wanted.

I didn't get to sleep until 12:30 last night, just couldn't wind down. So up at 6:30 for work and now I'm shattered. Going to bingo tonight with the bookclub, but I'm hoping to keep it as lowcost as possible. 1/2 drinks and the bingo itself should come to around £15, they want to eat afterwards but I'll try and come home early as I still have chicken korma in the fridge. Also gives me a chance to try and go to bed at a decent tonight as I'm really feeling it!

Need to get some UHT milk and some microwave rice at some point today (I have brown rice usually but I know I won't want to wait 25 minutes tonight!)
  • db2016db2016 Forumite
    335 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    following journey and subb'ed and read all the posts to date.

your right on the time of year, and splits my ex quit on us oct last year (im male), and she then put on a profile online "wants someone for winter" - since found out from a recent article this is known as cuffing lol, as the cosy nights etc, we spend more time indoors so a winter partner is actively sought, and the article said a good percentage of relationships started in winter don't make it through to the following summer lol.

interesting psychological angle there!

good look with journey, i dont have any MSE to add, you seem pretty on top of it!!

i dont envy the SE / london thing at all (im NE) and frankly a lot of DFW on here do see very southern and it can't be easy given the prices there etc to live.
  • Hi db2016, thanks for reading and for the comment! Yeah the timing is interesting, believe me I will not be seeking anyone out to keep me warm, too much hassle lol! It is very hard to sustain any kind of lifestyle down here, it does make me think if I should move to another area.
  • edited 19 December 2019 at 11:54AM
    StartingAgainAt29StartingAgainAt29 Forumite
    349 posts
    ✭✭
    edited 19 December 2019 at 11:54AM
    So last night didn't go quite as planned, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. I went home on my lunch break, and on the way got UHT milk and brown rice for £1.50, did the cats' litter tray, and then ate my curry and brown rice for lunch. I came back to work, got given a Galaxy selection box :D and then headed off to meet the girls. I spent £25 total, including travel, a drink at the first bar, and then the bingo game, food and drink. As newbies the manager really took care of us, gave us free bucks fizz, wine, let us have what food we wanted discounted from the menu, everything! Sadly none of us won anything, but it was a really good night, and I nabbed a small bottle of rose that he gave us but none of us drank. Got home around 10:30pm and watched some of The Apprentice before collapsing into bed. Really feeling it today!

I had £9 in PA, so I cashed it out and it came out immediately, so I added that to my everyday spending account. I had to buy some litter stuff, so ordered that online and it's getting delivered tomorrow as I'm off.

I need to go to Aldi tonight, my dad gave me a tenner towards some food so I shouldn't have to spend too much, I don't really need that much apart from food for the cats and some food for lunches for the next few days. I have £40 in my budget but technically £70 in my monzo account. I've no plans now until Xmas Eve, so I'm hoping if I spend very minimally now I should still be ok until payday on NYE.
  • Forgot I'm going out on my lunch break to try and buy my SIL's present for Xmas, her and my brother are really hard to buy for but I'm hoping I have her present nailed. His will be the last present I still need to get and I've got no ideas :/
    349 posts
    ✭✭
    A couple of things to report - bought my SIL's present yesterday, and spent £18 in Aldi although I had the tenner from my Dad so actually just spent £8. I had today off as I'd booked it for my ex's bday, so got my eyebrows done and have been chilling since - been watching a documentary on Netflix which really makes me think about my consumption with buying stuff and plastic use.

I bought my bro's last present, so I'm finally done with xmas shopping! :j Was going to wrap tonight but I cba:rotfl: needs to be done tomorrow though as I'm seeing my Dad Sunday.

NSD today (brows and present came out of seperate funds), was meant to have counselling tomorrow but due to flooding here it's been cancelled, so will do my run in the morning then cleaning and wrapping. Will be NSD. Sunday might also be NSD depending on what my Dad wants to do.