Energy: Find the cheapest supplier & earn cashback

Options

Comments

• smerch1468
    Options
    I'd just like to say what a magnificent website this is. I have just used the price comparison website after being told a horror story by EON that based on current usage my gas/electric bill will be in excess of £1300 in the next year (even moving onto a price protection tariff). So the comparison has given me a fixed tariff until sept 2012 at £920 saving me the best part of £400 and getting £30 for using moneysupermarket.

Moneysaving expert, respect !
  • ultim
    ultim Posts: 25 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    From the comparison sites, I found npower to the cheapest. Quidco currently offer £40 cashback at the moment. Is there any reason why I shouldn't switch directly via their site?
  • tearaway39
    tearaway39 Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 27 September 2011 at 5:04PM
    Options
    I think the npower letter has been sent to all customers, as I have had it also. Obviously I am just in the process of looking for new supplier now and EDF came up on comparison sites as the cheapest My annual gas KWh is 15203 & Electric 3693 (arrived at these by using npowers own bills readings) However they now say my 'anticipated usage next year is 15397KWh & 3598KWh respectively. Ok they are not too far out but have increased my monthly DD from £55 to £89. Comparison sites say EDF are cheapest on these figures for anyone interested. P.S for anyone who think my readings are low, there is only my wife and I (OAPs) & we do watch the switches etc.
  • roxy86_2
    Options
    hi everyone, i switched to edf last month sometime. i actually went through moneysupermarket to do the switch and get me £30 cashback back in july but i didnt actually switch until the end of august. anyways just wandered does anyone know when and how i expect to see my £30 cashback? i havent heard anything from moneysupermarket at all
    :j
  • katie07
    katie07 Posts: 180 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I also switched through moneysupermarket, probably a couple of months ago now, but haven't received my cashback either. However, I'm not sure if my switch is complete yet - I haven't had my final bill from Scottish Power and haven't had any DDs taken by npower......yet! I'm assuming the £30 will come through once npower start taking my money but I really have no clue! npower definitely know I switched through msm though as I had to call them the other day and they mentioned that.

Any solid advice as to when I should expect the cashback would be great though?! Thanks
  • blahblahdoh
    Options
    Just switched and noticed that final "actual" meter readings are inflated: one dated a month ago is higher than the current reading.

Small sums involved, but I'm writing to seek an explanation because it looks dodgy: effectively making me pay the old supplier, at their (higher) rates, for energy delivered by the new supplier.

Not sure why a meter reader would give false readings, because I thought they were independent from the suppliers (i.e. nothing to gain).
    Anyone else had this?

They now say the readings were estimates, and have issued a complaint against the meter reading company. They made a minor goodwill payment and recalculated my final bills, which are now so complicated I give up, but I got a cheque for the difference.

This has, of course, delayed my transfer, just like last time.
    How difficult is it to read a bloody meter?
  • goldnet
    goldnet Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    I am fed up reading that EDF has only just announced their price increases (web 10 November). I switched to the EDF Online Saver 7 tariff last December and was advised of a price rise effective in July, when I moved to their Fixed Online tariff (which is not increasing in November).

In almost a year, I have yet to have online access to my gas account (ironic as it was an online account!) and my gas and electricity accounts remain separate and inaccessible by the two customer service teams. Each time I call with a query on one of them, I get a new contract and welcome pack, 50% of times for the wrong tariff...!
  • maisiescamp
    Options
    Can anyone just confirm for me that Scottish Power will refund my credit balance once I transfer to an alternative provider please? My husband has made me doubt myself!
  • katie07
    katie07 Posts: 180 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Maisie - I have just spoken to Scottish Power and they will definitely refund any credit balance. The girl I spoke to said that I have a lot of credit on my account so that will cover my final statement and they shouldn't need to take any further direct debits.

Just a word about Scottish Power though - when I originally spoke to them before the price increases to say I would be switching, they confirmed that I would not be charged a cancellation fee. However, today I received my electricity statement and it had a 30 quid cancellation charge included!!! I immediately called and they confirmed the cancellation charges would be waived on both fuels. So make sure you check your final statements carefully!

Kx
  • tillybert1
    Options
    Hi, I'm confused as I went through Simply Switch and they said I would save £291 per year by going with Ovo Energy. I also tried Money supermarket and they said that I'ld save too. As I hadn't heard of Ovo I went on their website and did their calculator and they said that I'ld be paying £3 more a year than where I am now which is with E-on. Any ideas and has anyone else had this?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback