TheAA (Richford) stole my car

Options

Comments

• mollycoddle
    Options
    This thread has got to be a wind up isn't it ?
    So in realistic terms they really wanted free storage of a vehicle for a whole year whist they are abroad :cool:
  • cubegame
    cubegame Posts: 2,042 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Takmon wrote: »
    That entire series of events is pretty ridiculous. The fact that she was able to return on home on public transport meant that it would have been far cheaper to just leave the car at home and go there on public transport instead of paying for 3+ weeks parking.

Of course it was ridiculous. That was my point......
  • missile
    missile Posts: 11,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    This thread has got to be a wind up isn't it ?
    So in realistic terms they really wanted free storage of a vehicle for a whole year whist they are abroad :cool:
    Maybe that was OPs cunning plan ? :T
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • Chauffeur
    Options
    Look, you seem to know all about your rights and you're certain that the AA is entirely responsible for your predicament, so anything I or anyone else says is falling on deaf ears. I'm not sure why you asked for advice if you're going to argue with anyone who says something you don't want to hear.

I'm not going to waste my time arguing. Sort it out yourself.
    Yes, asking for advice not for judgment!!!
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Chauffeur wrote: »
    Yes, asking for advice not for judgment!!!
    They're inseparable.

The best advice is not to waste any more time and blood pressure on it, because you are largely the author of your current predicament.
  • luxs
    luxs Posts: 15 Forumite
    edited 19 November 2019 at 7:59PM
    Options
    I received and official letter from The AA stating, that I need to sort everything by myself with Richfords. - This is very good, because I never make an agreement with Richford.

Now I do have first consultation with solicitor.

PS. I'm almost ok now after a year of some problems, and now preparing a lot of counter-claims against many companies who robed me during this hard period of time.
  • Car_54
    Car_54 Posts: 8,221 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    luxs wrote: »
    PS. I'm almost ok now after a year of some problems, and now preparing a lot of counter-claims against many companies who robed me during this hard period of time.
    1. Check the definition of ‘robbery’.
    2 Google ‘vexatious litigant’
  • luxs
    luxs Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Car_54 wrote: »
    1. Check the definition of ‘robbery’.
    2 Google ‘vexatious litigant’
    I know all this things, and legal language is a bit different from the common expression of feelings.

vexatious litigant - it is a very different things. already reduce some bills in the court for few grants (but this is not related to this case), and some companies are very seriously accept my offers to review their bills after phone calls from my solicitors.
  • mcpitman
    mcpitman Posts: 1,267 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    mcpitman wrote: »
    This appears to be complete codswallop.

Still codswallop......
    Life isn't about the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away. Like choking....
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    luxs wrote: »
    I know all this things, and legal language is a bit different from the common expression of feelings.

vexatious litigant - it is a very different things. already reduce some bills in the court for few grants (but this is not related to this case), and some companies are very seriously accept my offers to review their bills after phone calls from my solicitors.

Get your solicitor on to this. I guarantee you will return in a week with a new car paid for by the storage place and a good wedge of compo.

These kind of threads always turn out like that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure