TheAA (Richford) stole my car

Options
luxs
luxs Posts: 15 Forumite
Very simple problem - car was broken and required towing of the road (non fixable on the street). And also glass of the car was damaged. Everything was happen Saturday evening (garage is closed and will be open monday).

I have TheAA membership which promise me to deliver my car to any garage of my choice.
Richford - subcontractor of TheAA told me that they cannot deliver car to the garage now because they can't live on the street open car (car with broken window), therefore they will store it on they secure parking till Monday morning and then will deliver to the garage of my choice, during the normal business hours.
Car was not delivered to the garage and the reason was that I was requested to pay storage fee.
I've send the complain to TheAA about it and they promise to resolve the problem.
No, they not resolve the problem, car is not released by Richford, becase they required storage fee.
At the moment storage fee already 2.5k+VAT.
TheAA reply me that - i need to sort out everything by myself with Richford.

What should I do?

Comments

• DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Carry on dreaming?
  • luxs
    Options
    DUTR wrote: »
    Carry on dreaming?
    It was simple - i've left clear instructions to the garage - fix this car and sale it. I've left clear instructions to the recovery company - deliver to the garage 10miles away from the breakdown spot.
    and then i was a bit busy sorting out other problems, spend some time abroad about different things etc...
  • DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    luxs wrote: »
    It was simple - i've left clear instructions to the garage - fix this car and sale it. I've left clear instructions to the recovery company - deliver to the garage 10miles away from the breakdown spot.
    and then i was a bit busy sorting out other problems, spend some time abroad about different things etc...

You said it happened Saturday, less than a week ago, how do you accrue that sort of storage charge £2.5K+vat?
  • luxs
    Options
    this story is exactly 1 year long now. the car was stored by Richford for 1 year now and i'm trying to recover it. But yes, i was a bit too busy to monitor this problem very carefully last time
  • Scrapit
    Scrapit Posts: 2,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The lack of English is probably part of the problem
  • angrycrow
    angrycrow Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The car has not been stolen. You instructed a garage to repair it then failed to pay the bill or collect the car. The garage are legitimately holding the car as security against the repair bill and 12 months storage costs. Pay your bill and they will return the car.
  • luxs
    Options
    angrycrow wrote: »
    The car has not been stolen. You instructed a garage to repair it then failed to pay the bill or collect the car. The garage are legitimately holding the car as security against the repair bill and 12 months storage costs. Pay your bill and they will return the car.
    I've paid £110 (annual membership) to AA for delivering broken car from the street without any extra charge to any garage of my choice. AA fail to do it and required extra payment for this job. It is nothing to do about repair bill. this price is only for delivering car from the street to my garage.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,363 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    angrycrow wrote: »

Thats not how I read it.

Car was never taken to garage for repair,.

OP taking a year to sort it is crazy
  • JamoLew
    JamoLew Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You really should have been on the phone on the Monday sorting/checking that the car was dropped off at the garage and then to the garage to discuss repairs etc.

Why did you not do this. ?

I really fail to see how you could "forget" about it for a year unless there is a lot more to the story

100% your own fault - I would suggest very improbable bordering on unbelievable in my opinion
  • luxs
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    Thats not how I read it.

Car was never taken to garage for repair,.

OP taking a year to sort it is crazy
    Sorry, was a bit nervous to explain it correctly before....
    And really I don;t know what should I do now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure