Slinky for Christmas with Slimming World 2019.

Options

Comments

• Toomuchdebt
    Toomuchdebt Posts: 2,128 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl:

Oh you will have to share some recipes :D

I will happily share as soon as I work out what the syn values etc are. A lot of Korean food is mostly meat and veg and rice so seems like it will fit in really well. Just the sauces will be synned I think?
    Debts Jan 2014 £20,108.34 :eek:

EF #70 £0/£1000

SW 1st 4lbs
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,605 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Welcome TMD.:)

First thing I'd say is that SW isn't a diet. It's a healthy eating programme and the proportions and syns are to give you an easy formula for getting healthy food and treats in the right balance. :)

I think we all know we mostly put on weight by eating too much of the wrong thing. :(

My best 2 tips would be planning and Speed food (most fruit and vegetables). It's not about how much you eat it's about eating the right foods. :)

You've done really well to plan tomorrow's menu. All I'd say is try to use 5% fat mince.

Do ask as many questions as you want. You'll get an answer more quickly than waiting for your next meeting. Good luck. :D
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,934 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Pizza? Like actual pizza??

Yes i have half of one:rotfl::rotfl: 5 mini duck rolls, 5 nion rings 4 chicken goujohns (can never spell it:rotfl:) and was wrked out at 86 syns:eek::eek:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Options
    I will happily share as soon as I work out what the syn values etc are. A lot of Korean food is mostly meat and veg and rice so seems like it will fit in really well. Just the sauces will be synned I think?

Could you make it more sw friendly though? and i dont eat rice:rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Options
    Right off to bed, see you tomorrow with Friday fav :D
  • Toomuchdebt
    Toomuchdebt Posts: 2,128 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 1 November 2019 at 12:10AM
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Welcome TMD.:)

First thing I'd say is that SW isn't a diet. It's a healthy eating programme and the proportions and syns are to give you an easy formula for getting healthy food and treats in the right balance. :)

I think we all know we mostly put on weight by eating too much of the wrong thing. :(

My best 2 tips would be planning and Speed food (most fruit and vegetables). It's not about how much you eat it's about eating the right foods. :)

You've done really well to plan tomorrow's menu. All I'd say is try to use 5% fat mince.

Do ask as many questions as you want. You'll get an answer more quickly than waiting for your next meeting. Good luck. :D

Thank you...I'm going to struggle with healthy extra A choices....I don't have milk except in porridge(tea and coffee always black unless it's a cafe latte), and the cheese is such a tiny amount.

Also I only have half a pack of 20% mince and that will be shared with the kids so will add the syns on...I'll buy 5% from now on.
    Debts Jan 2014 £20,108.34 :eek:

EF #70 £0/£1000

SW 1st 4lbs
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,561 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Welcome TMD. I would suggest that you stick with daily syns to start with until you get used to the plan. There are quite a lot of us that use weekly Syns as you'll probably gather from reading the thread. My syns are mainly used on alcohol!

There is absolutely no need not to have carbs - I always feel hungry if I don't have carbs with my meals so I just have them - after all they are a Free food but as others have said it is important to not to feel hungry or you will feel deprived.

Most things you already eat can be eaten on SW or can be made SW friendly just by sensible swaps such as using 1 cal oil spray rather than oil, although if you like things cooked in oil there is no reason why you can't sync the oil - although it is high syn at 6 per Tbs!

Have you registered to use the SW website yet? If not do register asap as you can check your syns (the website is more up to date than the books as they are updated regularly and they do change!) and check out some recipes. Bubbs is right when she says you'll want more spice and usually less stock/water than their recipes suggest. I find a lot of things are quite watery if you stick to quantities.

Definitely give your own recipes a SW makeover! and post some of them on here - don't think I've ever had Korean food but would love to try it.

Thought I'd just mention that the 20% mince is 7 syns for 100g so that will help you work out the syns for using what you have. Definitely buy 5% mince in future.

Also you don't have to use both HEAs or your HEB if you don't need to although it is there for health. The 2nd HEA has only recently been introduced! It just used to be one of each. Also if you'd rather use both HEAs as cheese there is no reason why you can't. Also if you used the reduced fat cheese you get 40g rather than 30g for HEA.

Sorry that's getting to be a bit of an essay so will post again later with today's menu plan. By the way your plan for today looks good although when I have scrambled eggs I have at least 3 eggs!

Denise
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    To my surprise, lost 1/2lb, was simply going for an NSV as I had no choice but to buy new jeans this week, so the loss was a bonus & 1/2!

Had a new member join last week, she has not got to grips with the syns idea yet, but also works shifts for ambulance service, however she managed to lose 2 1/2lbs, so obviously worked something to suit her work pattern. But my word, is she loud, I was nearly deaf by the end, even when I was helping her set up the SW app on her phone, thought that would keep the noise down a bit, it didn't!

Was so chuffed for another member, she had been struggling, but for the last couple of weeks, thing have been a little better for her and to her great joy, got her 1/2st award & SOTW this week, she was in shock!
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,561 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Have now had my breakfast and feeling nicely full! Have to go out later for a COPD assessment and then have to do a course 2 sessions a week (1.5 hours each) Monday and Friday. Supposed to be for 6 weeks but told her I'm going on holiday 4 December so can't fit the full course in before I go but she said that's fine you'll only miss the last 3 sessions but think you can benefit just by doing the course until then! Thought I was going to get away with it again (was supposed to have done it about 5 or 6 years ago but said I'd only do it locally and not travel to the main hospital!)

Anyway today's plan:

B - beans & tomatoes on toast - HEB; F; S
    L - leek and potato soup - S; F
    D - fish pie - P; S; F - cheese sauce will be a new recipe for me which uses cauliflower, onion, potato, stock cubes & HEA of cheese (hope it works!)

HEA1 - milk in teas
    HEA2 - cheese
    HEB - bread
    Syns - none planned. No alcohol today as had wine last night and will be drinking again tomorrow night as out for a meal for our DGD's 21st birthday so will be needing plenty of syns

Denise
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,605 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 1 November 2019 at 1:10PM
    Options
    Well done on your loss and your NSV gtq.:T
    Also I only have half a pack of 20% mince and that will be shared with the kids so will add the syns on...I'll buy 5% from now on.

I suspected that might be the case but do use it up as it's not very mse:money: to waste things you already have in. Drain off as much fat as you can and just use your syns to compensate. If it's a 250g pack then that's about 18 syns (probably less but best to aim high) shared between 3 (?) so 6 each.
    Thank you...I'm going to struggle with healthy extra A choices....I don't have milk except in porridge(tea and coffee always black unless it's a cafe latte), and the cheese is such a tiny amount.

Denise is right that you can split HEAs (or HEBs) so you might want to double up on cheese on days when you don't have milky porage.:) Don't force yourself to eat them if you don't want them though, there are other ways of getting calcium other than milk and cheese.

Out of interest TMD, what is it that you would use your syns on? Like denise I choose to drink most of mine.;) Bubbs eats fairly low syn/syn free all week and then has her big pizza 'picky' tea on Saturdays. I've saved syns for weekends ever since I started but doing it daily will help you get used to the plan and give you leeway for using things up like the mince. Daily syns is the official SW line as they believe everyone needs a treat every day to stop them feeling deprived. That's true of some people but not all IMO.:)

I'm going to do my meal plan and shop later. Before I do that I'm going to put some Bolognese sauce in the SC as I used the last of it yesterday. I got some YS mince in the Co-op when I called in for milk and then I can use up the last of the mushrooms, carrots etc before starting again. The coming week's not going to be so straightforward though as I'm eating out twice.

I'll post my menu later as I haven't checked what I need to use up yet. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure