Sainsbury's to launch Nectar 'double-up' promo – here's what you need to know - MSE News story

Options

Comments

• P1Fanatic
    Options
    It does seem rather convoluted. I am hoping its easy enough to use the app tomorrow and get a digital voucher. I'm only interested in the TTD wine & fizz to top up for Xmas & NY as tbh am yet to come across a bad TTD bottle.

Am I the only one who prefers the Nectar app? All you have to do is open it and save all offers before you get to the till. The offers seem better related to what I regularly buy and I get them before I go into the shop rather than getting a load at the checkout with my receipt - many of which are stuff I only buy occasionally?
  • bashful
    bashful Posts: 92 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I ordered the vouchers on 1 Nov and they haven't yet arrived. Had live chat with Nectar Helpline and they said I should get them tomorrow. If not, to contact them and "We'll add the points and you can redeem the points on App to get the voucher instantly."
    I am not quite sure what that means but hope that the vouchers would be double-up ones! Fingers crossed the paper vouchers arrive tomorrow so I don't have to test it out!
  • alternate
    Options
    No vouchers yet.

re: the app.

It works on my tablet but not on my phone. I assume you cant just take a photo of the voucher barcode on screen and scan that? Don't fancy lugging my tablet to the store :)
  • od244051
    od244051 Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Please put your concerns and issues to Careline 0800636262 and not to the customer service staff who have been given very little information about Double Up. My friends who work for Sainsburys are dreading 13-19th.

Emphasis on a relative who doesn't have access to the internet or smartphone and the printing the coupons was so easier. If it aint broke, don't fix it.
  • londoncarl
    Options
    It is now 13th November and I am supposed to be able to get the double up vouchers from the nectar app. I am mildly tech savvy but I cannot see where to get them. If anyone has had success so far please let me know.

Thanks
  • od244051
    od244051 Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    londoncarl wrote: »
    It is now 13th November and I am supposed to be able to get the double up vouchers from the nectar app. I am mildly tech savvy but I cannot see where to get them. If anyone has had success so far please let me know.

Thanks

Have you had the app before Oct 2? You need to install the one in your app store if this the case as looks like you are using the pilot app version
  • londoncarl
    Options
    So I checked in the app store again and the nectar app needs to be updated (new update as of today). When updated it shows the option of double up vouchers below sainsburys:beer:
  • bashful
    bashful Posts: 92 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Can we have the app and the vouchers on both our phones as I don't want to go clothes shopping if I can help it!
  • vls
    vls Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So I phoned the helpline who said that they would return the points to my card so that I could then get the voucher on the app - but nothing yet. Did anyone else have a delay if they have done this or was it immediate?
    Thanks
  • vls
    vls Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Also - the helpline is now just cutting off - argh!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure