£125 Lloyds Switch Offer 1 October to 12 November 2019

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 19 October 2019 at 9:34AM
    Options
    I am pleased with the switch process and delighted to have the £125 incentive. I have a few questions - if anyone knows the possible answers, please.

My bank of Scotland Current Account and Clarity Credit Card are on the same on line banking log in. My new Club Lloyds Account is on its own in separate on line banking and I have different log in details. Would it be possible to merge them to have all three accounts accessible in the same place?

PayPal moved across with my switch and I added the new Club Lloyds Account to PayPal as I made some purchases and was concerned to ensure the sellers were paid promptly. I made the new Club Lloyds my preferred PayPal method using the Lloyds account number and sort code to let it continue as a direct debit - seemingly if the long card number is used it goes through as a debit payment.

My two purchases have been showing on PayPal but nothing has come out of my new Lloyds account yet as a direct debit. Nine days since purchases and I'm just wonderibg if this is normal.

If necessary would arrange to pay the sellers by debit card in case they won't get paid through PayPal. - one of the items has arrived already.

Already I like the 'feel' of my new Club Lloyds account and I'm looking forward to the monthly magazine from next month.

Any answers will be really appreciated, thank you.

Crimson
  • johnson293
    Options
    New debit card arrived this morning, and the £125 is in the account already. Very pleased so far.
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 19 October 2019 at 11:10AM
    Options
    My bank of Scotland Current Account and Clarity Credit Card are on the same on line banking log in. My new Club Lloyds Account is on its own in separate on line banking and I have different log in details. Would it be possible to merge them to have all three accounts accessible in the same place?

No. Halifax is a trading name of Bank of Scotland so it's the same bank (hence all accounts are in the same place). Lloyds is a separate entity (although all are part of Lloyds Banking Group). Accounts even from banks within a group are kept separate (e.g. HSBC/M&S, Natwest/RBS). First Direct is a trading name of HSBC so theoretically accounts could be displayed together if HSBC wanted to, but they don't.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thank you for explaining it, Ed-1 - it makes sense.

Deleted_User
  • older_wiser
    older_wiser Posts: 2,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    can anyone confirm if the old account ie monza in my case is suposed to be closed down when the switch has happened ?

my monza account seems to be still open i'm tempted to send over a nominal 1 pound but assume that would go to the lloyds account through monza for the next x number of years like other switch accounts ?
  • fenwick458
    fenwick458 Posts: 1,522 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    can anyone confirm if the old account ie monza in my case is suposed to be closed down when the switch has happened ?

my monza account seems to be still open i'm tempted to send over a nominal 1 pound but assume that would go to the lloyds account through monza for the next x number of years like other switch accounts ?

I have recently switched both monzo and starling accounts to RBS/LLoyds, and from the app based banks it doesn't seem to go smoothly, basically on the day of switching the monzo just wouldn't load up the 1st page and kept saying error, and the starling just repeatedly loaded up on a loop and made my phone crash, more than once. Ive just deleted both apps now!
  • Tammydreaper
    Options
    Hi,

After the switch has completed,how long does it take to receive the cinema tickets?They were selected when I was opening the account and if I log onto my account it confirms this.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,238 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi,

After the switch has completed,how long does it take to receive the cinema tickets?They were selected when I was opening the account and if I log onto my account it confirms this.

Answered further up this thread

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=76396271&postcount=374
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,238 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options

Can't comment on your Monzo account specifically, but I've done several switches in the past and some banks take longer than others to remove details of the 'switched' account. Never had an account which was left open though, as that would defeat the purpose of CASS:cool:
  • Al_Ross
    Al_Ross Posts: 907 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I got an email titled "Choose your Club Lloyds Lifestyle Benefit" the day after my account was opened. You get full instructions, username and password within the email :)

[FONT=&quot]Thought I would share this information in case anyone else was wondering as I was and have not actually read it here on the forum and it is not mentioned in the Club Account Lifestyle Benefit email they send you.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The Cinema tickets or whatever you select are sent out 30 days after your account has been opened. I just phoned them and this is what they told me.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Hope this helps someone and have a nice day:)[/FONT]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport