PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Weight Loss 2019 Part 4

Options

Comments

• FrugalLina
    Options
    BlueDoggy well done on your 2lbs loss - that is fantastic, maybe we should all eat choccie marzipan! :rotfl:

Wow, tighteningthebelt, that is a fabulous loss - October has been a great month for you! :T

I'm back from feeding my niece's cat, she seems much happier today and tolerated a bit of petting. That is the end of my cat care duties, phew.

Afterwards, I went for another explore on the bike, but am annoyed at my Fitbit for not logging it. :mad: Oh well, I know I did it. Anyway, pumpkin-carving later with my son and DiL and as they are doing a keto diet, I can keep all the pumpkin innards, so I suppose I will be making pumpkin soup in a day or two.

Talking of soup, I added the coconut milk to the onion soup, a bit more salt and pepper and it tasted really good. It may have benefited from some more thyme, but my thyme plant is still too small to take too much from and my sprigs were small.

Have a lovely day today, I hope the sun is shining for you all! :)
    31.5/100
  • tighteningthebelt
    Options
    frugalina delia has a lovely pumpkin and sweetcorn soup. I just do it with tinned corn for easiness, and I dont toast the kernels either. Dont tell her!!!

https://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/books/delias-complete-how-to-cook/pumpkin-soup-with-toasted-sweetcorn
    A bit of grin and bear it, a bit of come and share it
    You're welcome we can spare it, yellow socks
  • FrugalLina
    Options
    frugalina delia has a lovely pumpkin and sweetcorn soup. I just do it with tinned corn for easiness, and I dont toast the kernels either. Dont tell her!!!

https://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/books/delias-complete-how-to-cook/pumpkin-soup-with-toasted-sweetcorn

Ooh, that sounds good - I have tinned corn in the cupboard - thank you very much! :A
    31.5/100
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,140 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 28 October 2019 at 9:05PM
    Options
    Old Style Weight Loss Challenge 2019 4th Quarter

01/10/19 - 31/12/19

Imperial (lbs)
    Blue Doggy - 4/14. :):)/STS/STS/:):)
    Brambling 2.5/12. :D:D:o/:):);)/:):);)
    Cranky - 2/12. :):)/STS
    Dumpling- -/14
    Frith - -/
    FrugalLina - 9.5/26. :):):):)/:):):)/;)/:):)
    Honeythewitch - 1/7. :D:o/STS/:):);)
    Izadora - 0/14. ;)/:)/:D:o/STS
    Millymouse -1/17. :)
    Need2bthifty -1.5/9 :D/:):);)
    S_glover - 1/11 :)
    SIRENS - 2.5/16. :)/:D:D:o/:D/:):):):):)
    Tighteningthebelt 8.5/20 :):)/:):)/:):)/:):);)
    XXX
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Brambling
    edited 27 October 2019 at 7:30PM
    Options
    Well done Blue Doggy and tighteningthebelt that's great losses this week :T:T

I've had a very picky weekend so I'm now going to have to claw things back for a STS on Wednesday :o

Molly I agree about the cravings (unless it's sugar) that it's our body's way of telling us something, last time my iron levels were too low I found myself craving black pudding and liver :cool:

I soften onions in the microwave but haven't thought of butternut squash, i also have thumb issues when it comes to cutting it. If roasting I will cut in half to roast otherwise I will buy pre chopped especially if I can see it YS then I stick it in the freezer for soups. FrugalLina Maybe the soup needed the fat content of the coconut milk for the favour

I was out and about yesterday, flu jab, haircut and another opera live screening Manon. It's French and I think I prefer the Italian ones, a lot of set changes in this one which they showed, interesting to start with but breaks the mood of the opera. No fat lady singing either, I resisted the urge :rotfl:

Food wise it's been pants the whole weekend I started ok yesterday and then went down hill and today has been no better :cool: even lunch was toast, butter and brovil so a very large line will be needed to draw under this weekend. When I get off my behind I've smoked tofu for dinner just not sure with what yet probably shouldn't be with coconut and peanut sauce

Hoping none of you have too affected by the flooding have a good week all :)
  • tighteningthebelt
    Options

There's your line brambling. I'm sure it wasnt all that bad.
  • Brambling
    Options
    Thanks tighteningthebelt :) unfortunately I fear it was :cool: think :EasterBun:
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,233 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hi All
    Well done tighteningthebelt and bluedoggy brilliant losses, you must be chuffed.

I had a fab time at comicon, lots of steps done, luckily we were in doors as the weather was awful, got drenched on the way home from the bus stop though! Eating went a bit out the window though and continued today with fish and chips :eek: we usually allow ourselves one takeaway every month so that was it for a month.
    Back to work and normality tomorrow and need to knuckle down to healthy eating for all us, but particularly dh to get his blood pressure down.

That soup recipe looks really good Tighteningthebelt we usually have 3 pumpkins for carving for Halloween so lots of left over pumpkin so might try that with some of it, I was going to make this for dinner on Thursday substituting pumpkin for the butternut squash

http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/malaysian-butternut-squash-curry

But might make the soup to freeze as well.

Got parents evening on Halloween for dd which is a bit of a pain for her though.
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • tighteningthebelt
    tighteningthebelt Posts: 502 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 28 October 2019 at 10:09AM
    Options
    Brrrrrr!!
    Rub a dub grub for today will be;
    Veg soup
    Keema from freezer with cabbage and carrots, 2 new potatoes fried in olive oil with herbs
    Stewed plums and a little cold custard

Have a good day everyone :)
  • FrugalLina
    Options
    Oh dear, Brambling, sorry for your nibbly weekend, you may yet turn it around by Weds.

Sounds like you got a lot done and the opera trip sounds interesting too. I agree about the Italian ones being the best.

Sirens I am glad you had a good time this weekend and thanks for the curry recipe, I might do that as I have 8 tubs of pumpkin pulp to use up - way too much for just me. Trouble is, I also have a huge bowl of green tomatoes which I intend to turn into green tomato curry as well. Looks like the freezer is going to get filled up over the next few days. :eek:

Yes, the temps have dropped, tighteningthebelt, although I am so glad it is dry, I have quite a bit to do outside to tidy up the garden for winter.

Anyway, I weighed in this morning and am pleased to have lost another 2lbs, yay! :)
    31.5/100
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport