SAR requests

Apologies if this is the wrong thread to post my query on but I've seen the subject of SARs mentioned on here before. I expect one of you wise folk will be able to put me right:)

Am I right in thinking SAR requests are now free as opposed to the £10 fee that they used to charge? I have sent such requests to banks in the past and received mountains of paperwork back. I now need the same sort of detailed info on a couple of credit cards from other providers. I already have the CCA info but that isn't enough as I'm not checking on the debts' enforceability any more.

The accounts are now closed, only for about 5 years, so will they still be able to satisfy a SAR request please?

Thanks for your time. Keep up the brilliant work posting such great advice. You've been lifesavers to me and helped me through some pretty dark times and out of my debt:A:beer:

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,849 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Scrimpess wrote: »
    Apologies if this is the wrong thread to post my query on but I've seen the subject of SARs mentioned on here before. I expect one of you wise folk will be able to put me right:)

Am I right in thinking SAR requests are now free as opposed to the £10 fee that they used to charge? I have sent such requests to banks in the past and received mountains of paperwork back. I now need the same sort of detailed info on a couple of credit cards from other providers. I already have the CCA info but that isn't enough as I'm not checking on the debts' enforceability any more.

The accounts are now closed, only for about 5 years, so will they still be able to satisfy a SAR request please?

Thanks for your time. Keep up the brilliant work posting such great advice. You've been lifesavers to me and helped me through some pretty dark times and out of my debt:A:beer:
    SAR`s are now free yes.

Won`t know till you ask, template letter and guidence can be found here :

https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/your-right-of-access/

Moved post to debt free wannabe main forum.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,134 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    They are indeed free now as opposed to the £10 charge that used to be in place.

They also have 30 days to respond as opposed to the 40 days previously.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family