10 years here. My final diary this time!

Comments

• Decided to defo not take the job. I actually feel relieved I've made the decision about it.

Loan came out today so have changed my sig and paid a little bit of CC 3 so that the sig is at a nice round number. Submitted a medical expense today so that's another €60 off the loan when it lands in my account. I also am due back money for DD's glasses so will also chuck that off the loan when it come through. I also think I overpaid tax so also put that through and fingers crossed. All will come off the loan if there is anything.
    Total (Aug 19):€58,567 Now:€26,947
    DFD:Nov 22/June 22
    Mortgage: €199,712
    MFD: March 2042/July 2034
  • Sounds like you made the best decision for you and the family, you can be confident when the time is right that they wanted you and so will someone else.

Good news on the loan payments, H x
  • Sounds like you made the best decision for you and the family, you can be confident when the time is right that they wanted you and so will someone else.

Good news on the loan payments, H x

Thanks HM! If the money had been better or been in the town I live in I wouldn't have hesitated but it would have been too much of a faff to get there and back and I was thinking how much I'd resent it in the real winter mornings.
  • Afternoon all! Thought I'd have a NSD today (my first of the month) because I thought Tesco was being delivered today. Instead I ordered for tomorrow. Doh! So I need to go to the shop and get some bread and cereal.

Spent all morning cleaning the bottom of the house including cleaning out the fridge (hate that job). I can never seem to have both top and bottom tidied at the same time. At least it's presentable if anyone arrives!
  • Just had a quick read through, you sound like you've got a good plan in place. The job did sound a bit faffy for the money, although that seems to be the case for most school hour jobs unfortunately :o
    Debt - Car loan £19k. New savings goals: Emergency fund £1000/£1000, FFEF £200/£10000
  • Just had a quick read through, you sound like you've got a good plan in place. The job did sound a bit faffy for the money, although that seems to be the case for most school hour jobs unfortunately :o

Thanks OS. If the job had been in my town I wouldn't have even hesitated but the fact one hours wages would be spent on travel (and I was going getting 4hrs per day) meant it wasn't really viable. I will keep my eyes out for some thing else though!
  • Afternoon all. Hoping for NSD. I got a Tesco delivery but don't count that lol. Got word back from Revenue that I'm not entitled to any tax back. My H has one part of my credits so that might be it. I can submit another claim in 4 weeks so will see then. Bit disappointed with that though as I was taxed quite a bit from Jan to June this year.
  • Hi shame about the tax hope they support the next claim, I'm the same with the house one area looks good but then the others look a right state, not helped but the fact the most of the house needs decorating!

H x
  • Hi shame about the tax hope they support the next claim, I'm the same with the house one area looks good but then the others look a right state, not helped but the fact the most of the house needs decorating!

H x

HM - it just seems odd as I paid €4401 in tax from Jan to June so thought I would be due some back as not working since June. Will have to query further I think.

We got the kitchen done last year (hence the big loan) so it looks great and is easy to clean but it shows up the rest of the house now!
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,324 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Good to have made a decision on the job - have to do what's right for you and your family. Hope you do manage to get some tax back. It's hard juggling commitments. Great that you can OP without working outside the home though.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £11.9K
    3) CC £3.7K on 0% spends card but offset by £34K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value @15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure