IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Which template to use?

Options

Comments

• Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    OP please have a read through

• D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,504 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    A telephone hearing is possibly age and BEM discriminatory,  Do some research

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/commission-for-racial-equalitypissibl
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 19 April 2020 at 1:35AM
    Options
    jugulator said:
    I would appreciate, if you could answer if its just a matter of ringing them and pay to close this? Do I have to fill in the reply form?
    Aren't you only at LBCCC stage though?  This should be easy to quash...

I have been going through the Newbie thread regarding Letter before claims. Looks like ParkingEye is slightly different?
    Yes, they are.
    As I tell people in the NEWBIES thread, ParkingEye are a rare animal in that they WILL cancel a PCN at LBCCC stage if you tell them some facts and mitigating circumstances that causes them to re-think.  And no, they do not already know the facts because no-one in their Legal team has looked at it yet.

Why don't you email the address I already give in the NEWBIES thread, for people to use at this stage:

enforcement@parkingeye.co.uk

...and tell them you are an NHS keyworker and attach a (slightly redacted) copy of your NHS ID and remind them of the circumstances and say:

Are you really about to sue a person who is actively engaged as a frontline NHS keyworker and currently extremely busy, at xxxxxxxxx Surgery?  Especially given that I have not ignored the PCN and you are aware that the circumstances were that the signs had recently changed and were blocked by tree branches (I have photo evidence) in a newly changed staff car park, which previously was a free patient car park in the GP surgery.  There was no reason for staff to know about the changes to this free section of the car park if neither the sign nor the landowner alerted us to the changed terms.   

Please reconsider your LBCCC and cancel the PCN and email me back to put my mind at rest, and so that I can show my local MP, xxxxxxx xxxxxxxx,  who I am about to ask to support me against ParkingEye if you continue.   I simply have no time to spend on this ridiculous matter and cannot believe that ParkingEye are escalating this to a planned court claim during the pandemic, when you are aware of the facts and know that I am a staff member at the surgery, not a trespasser or rogue parker.

NB.  The above approach is specific for P/Eye and would not work v another PPC but I think it will work v ParkingEye at LBCCC stage.  Remember that the reason for repeating the facts is because the Enforcement Team are a completely different group of people than the Appeals section, and the former will consider the circumstances afresh...and will probably cancel this, if you mention your MP and your NHS keyworker status.  I don't think they will want the publicity.

Please try that and DO NOT offer them money...please.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • jugulator
    jugulator Posts: 57 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 April 2020 at 1:19PM
    Options
    Thank you Coupon Mad for this extremely helpful reply. I really appreciate it. I will give it ago. The only worry I have that the 30 days to reply using the reply form (as per LBCC) will run out in 5 days. I think that you assumed that I work in that particular surgery :smile: I dont work there. I work in a different surgery. This is the surgery where I am registered as a patient. :smile:
    Also just wanted to clarify when you say "slightly redacted" ID, what information are we intending to hide from them?
    Thanks again. I will write to them and see if they respond in time. 
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    OK well re-write it to make sense for your case but make it clear you are a NHS keyworker currently working for a different surgery, as well as a patient at the one where they changed the signs and hid one in foliage.

Slightly redacted...well looking at my own son's NHS lanyard right now, I would cover the photo and staff number (just to stop it being misused/copied - always withhold part of such data if emailing a copy!) but leave your name clearly showing so it is obviously an NHS ID card and that it matches the name of the person they were threatening with court.

Certainly mention your MP by name...and the local paper if you wish...because P/Eye will not want any of that.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • jugulator
    Options
    Hi
    I had emailed them 3 days ago and I received an automated reply confirming that they received the email and will reply as soon as possible.I have not received any reply yet. The 30 day deadline to respond to the LBCC is today. Would the email I sent to them be considered as a response? Or the only option is to pay off by tonight?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,734 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 April 2020 at 9:52PM
    Options
    Would the email I sent to them be considered as a response?
    Of course it is a response.

Surely the only sensible reaction at this time is to wait for PE's reply.

It is unlikely that PE will issue a Claim before answering your point... in my opinion.

Or the only option is to pay off by tonight?
    Why do you think you have to any anything by tonight?
  • jugulator
    Options
    KeithP said:
    Would the email I sent to them be considered as a response?
    Of course it is a response.

Surely the only sensible reaction at this time is to wait for PE's reply.

It is unlikely that PE will issue a Claim before answering your point... in my opinion.

Or the only option is to pay off by tonight?
    Why do you think you have to any anything by tonight?
    Thank you. The reason why I thought I needed to do something by tonight is because the 30 days deadline ends by tonight.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,734 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well you have done 'something'.

You now need to wait for their reaction... whatever it may be.

No reason to be paying them anything.
  • jugulator
    Options
    Thank you!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts