PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 19th August 2019

Options

Comments

• juliejim
    juliejim Posts: 7,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning All

Congratulations to DDs and DSs!

The plan for today is WUDUPA, WM x ?, sugarsoap areas for glossing and then hopefully get some glossing done! I have yet to figure out how to keep the dog away from the paint - it will probably involve DS lying in bed and Poppy lying with him!

Went to look for tiles yesterday as DH was off as he had a hospital appointment which the consultant did not turn up to.. but of the three samples we chose when we went to the kitchen place to compare with our kitchen, they didn't go so back to the drawing board!

Have a good day all

Hugs

Jue
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA £5500
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,859 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Where has the morning gone, I don't feel I have stopped, yet I am not sure what large things I have done, loads of small stuff done and appointments made.

Off to collect OH from bike garage
    Then sun time in the garden weeding
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • juliejim
    Options
    All the beams in the kitchen have now been glossed, just stopped for dinner then will do the skirting and door frame
    MBNA £5500
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,090 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Exceptionally busy week. I'm behind on everything, and trying to get ready for the annual communal garden croquet match catering. Will catch up as soon as I can.

Two loads out on the line, urgent vacuumming done this morning, and I'm going to have to pace it over the next three days to make sure it all gets done without the thing going flat on me.
    Better is good enough.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,826 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 23 August 2019 at 3:51PM
    Options
    Tabards finished (and tried on thanks to obliging Great nephew). Just need ties sewing on then that's it!

Been to see mum and dad as niece and her offspring were visiting. Cards for upcoming birthday and anniversary given to her thus saving cost of stamps :money:. (Actual, living) frog caught to show the boys.

Washing left out and now brought in as is dry.

DW emptied.

Going to have a (very) late lunch now then tidy DR.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Evening all

Finished paid stuff, popped out to run a few errands, it’s a lovely evening and warm so I am not flying this evening, I am going to sit, have a glass of wine with DH and de stress after a busy week. Dailies have been done, flying that hasn’t been done will be caught up with tomorrow.

I’ve made a list for the weekend, there will definitely be some sitting in the garden and relaxing involved!

Have a lovely evening all x
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,909 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Errrrrr - done nothing flying wise. I have been all day at the paid stuff and taken an hour out (unpaid :mad:) to collect and deliver DD as she missed the bus due to a timetable change. Good job, as celebrating last night with friends had obviously taken its toll.
    Back on an even keel now, and jobs planned for the weekend. But for this evening it is cuppa and out.
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    No plumber. Wednesday now, apparently.

Himself did another day and they seem quite taken with him by all accounts, but after tomorrow, they are shut until Thursday.

I have washed up, vacuumed floor and ceiling downstairs and mopped.

I am now stuffing Chinese takeaway down as quickly as possible so I can escape Blazin' Saddles.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • juliejim
    Options
    All glossing done - just put a second coat on.
    Washing up done, WM on and floor swept.
    The plan is for the new flooring to go down tomorrow now so DH is pulling the sink out in the morning so I will be using the bathroom sink/bath for the nest week for everything!
    I could really do with cleaning the outside of the fridge freezer and freezer while I've still got the sink so I may do that now before I got to bed. I wanted to clean the oven too but that will have to wait until in the week now. I haven't painted the walls as DH had got the roller at work so I will have to put dust sheets down and do those in the week.

Have a good weekend all

Hugs

Jue
    MBNA £5500
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,447 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well done to all hardworking Flykids :T:T:T

I am gradually working my way through my Toots list - it's not nearly as long as it was 3 months ago :D (though it's still quite long enough!)
    I have spent today doing a big written job and met my deadline :D
    I have also been out and bought more ingredients for baking Twinks first thing tomorrow morning.
    And of course Rosie and I had almost an hour's walk - though some of it was spent chatting to various dog walkers and their canine companions.
    I have done WMx2, hung out to dry, FUPA.
    I have emptied the two big trugs into the green bin which was emptied on Wednesday, rather than waste time and fuel taking the garden rubbish to the tip - there's not time for me to do much more tidying up outside before the next collection, as we're taking a minibreak ;)
    And I have put away a lot of the stuff from yesterday's beach party at toddler group, though there are still a couple of bags languishing in the study bedroom.

Not a bad day's work :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport