PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 19th August 2019

Options

Comments

• BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Good luck to all picking up results today.

Just having some lunch,

Morning of paid stuff done
    Litter trays done
    Vac downstairs done
    Washing done and on line drying
    Will just wash up my dishes and then back to work I go, rest of the list can be tackled later on...
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,934 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Bathrooms s&sd, really need a deep clean. Bedroom dusted. Windows in these rooms cleaned. Quick lunch scoffed and harvested strawberries, raspberries, blackberries , cucumbers and green beans from the garden.

Will wash my lunch dishes next. Oh and prep some food for the dogs.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Back from school he got 4 in maths, 4 & 4 in combined science and 2 in English (not bad for special school). He is going to concentrate on English next year.

We went to Mr B M s whilst out to get some supplies.

Was going to change my bed but clean duvet cover had a stain so have treated and washed it, hopefully stain has gone. I do have another spare set but they are my least favourite ones.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Congratulations DanceSon.

No flying down today as yet. I may summon some energy later....
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • BadCat18
    Options
    Just finished paid stuff!!!
    I did stop for a break earlier on to throw together a quick supper and to eat it.
    Safe to say there won’t be any flying this evening, it will all have to wait.
    I am going to pop a load in to the WM for the morning and then am going to have a well earned cuppa and a slice of cake!!
    TGIF tomorrow

Bye for now x
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,909 Forumite
    Options
    Proud mum and super surprised DD.
    I’ve spent much of the day ferrying DD and DH around, including taking DD for her first ever work shift this evening. I’m waiting for the call to pick her up, so not sure what time that will be. I’ve spent the waiting time prepping beans for the freezer.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,826 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 22 August 2019 at 10:56PM
    Options
    I've broken the back of a summer job. Two more knight's tabards are almost complete. I've got one with a green 'cross' design which was made a couple of weeks ago, and now, one with yellow and the third with mixed green and yellow. All that's left to do is to put the green parts of the cross on, and hem the necks and add the ties, when I've sewn them.

Tea was Cajun Dirty Rice. Went to the new Mr L and was told by another customer, who felt the need to explain her basket full of mince, that the 500g packs of 5% fat mince were reduced to 90p! And that's what I had gone for. Have managed to squeeze the two extra ones I bought in to the freezer:money:

HHI done; all ironing up-to-date. DS's bed stripped and remade.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Seems like he enjoyed his first day - he's working early tomorrow and a half day on Saturday, so he's already snoring (I might have cheated by giving him a foot massage so he would just go to bed rather than stay awake until stupid o'clock watching YouTube.and then wake me up).

I went on the expedition - face suitably defuzzed, boots was rubbish (no decent mirrors, next to no stock on shelves), went and spent a few quid in super drug instead. Then I nipped over to a Mr W, which wasn't any better, so went to the big Mr S, which also had a lot of empty shelves, but I managed to get something to cook for tea, some cat crunchies and a pot plant (at last).

Came back, ignored the washing up, put dinner on and did nothing other than sweep the kitchen floor half-heartedly until he got home.

Up early tomorrow in the hope that the plumber turns up again.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • BadCat18
    Options
    Morning all

About to start paid stuff, I am not going to set myself too much of a list flying wise until I know how the day is going to pan out. I will do the dailies now as that won’t take long and then will see what else I can accomplish once paid stuff out of the way.

At least it’s a bank hol weekend so one extra day to do some catchup jobs.

Have a lovely day all x
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,934 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all.

Council work for me this morning so I'll see what flying I can fit in later.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family