PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 19th August 2019

Options

Comments

• YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,299 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all

Well done BadCat, you had a busy day!

DH did the garden yesterday while I washed windows and did a few inside jobs. Then we went to the annual village fete and consumed a couple of glasses of beer in the sun which left us both very sleepy.

Cycling this morning, then family BBQ later, and we need to take dog to parents at some point as we have a couple of days away. House is looking OK, my office needs a good dust and hoover - for some reason it gets very spidery in there.

Have a good Sunday everyone x
  • BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks YL! Morning everyone,

Up early this morning, didn’t sleep that well, busy brain....

WM is swishing, just the bedding left to do after the marathon session yesterday! Garden and garage to do today, hoping DH will get up soon so we can make a start, want to get it all finished before it gets too hot!

Have a lovely day all x
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,029 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    That all sounds very positive, Round. I'm so pleased work went well.

Thank you Honey Bear xx

Yesterday: WM x 3 dried outside, folded and brought in. I was tired and hot so I listened to my body and rested - with a book that will go to cs when finished (so I was decluttering? yeah?)

It worked though :T Wide awake at 6.30 am today :) so I got up, made my bed, set WM swishing with towels / tea towels - oh yeah: I had a shower and changed the towels in the bathroom yesti too :D - went outside and stood on the lawn in bare feet and soaked in the morning for five minutes. It was wonderful out there. Then came in to savour my brew.

I have a plan / goal for the week. It occurred to me that once I get caught up with the laundry and backlog of pots I tend to stall as I don't know what to do first. So I'm thinking ahead: and I want to clear the table end of the kitchen so that I can actually use the table to sit and journal, try out my new sewing machine, assemble vision boards, write poetry, (all the things I would like to do rather than slouch in front of mediocre tv eating carp!). Sudden thought: we could even eat out meals on it :rotfl:

I bought a coat stand and shoe rack months ago - they are still in their respective boxes :o No shoes on the table, but that's where every coat in the house is [STRIKE]stored[/STRIKE] chucked when we come in :o It feels do-able and it can be done one item at a time at my own pace. Watch [STRIKE]this[/STRIKE] that space! :D

Right - breakfast first... all this thinking has made me hungry!

Have a lovely day ladies
    Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • juliejim
    juliejim Posts: 7,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning All

Well I now have a floor!

The plan for today is to do some painting and that's about it I think.

Have a good day all

Hugs

Jue
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA £5500
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all. All dailies and watering done. Also repaired a zip on a dress for DD. Just about to put second quick wash in machine that can then be drying while I'm out competing in a match today.

Keep hydrated everyone and have a great day.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • BadCat18
    Options
    Sounds like you have a plan Round well done...

Bedding washed and on line.
    Garage done, my car boot full of stuff to take to charity. DH car full for a tip run which he will do now. Garage looks so much better, still too much in there IMO but there are lots of things that DH won’t part with... at least it’s tidy now so a step in the right direction.
    DH has just finished the garden so that looks good too.
    I have a big box of books which I need to go through and try with the online book buyers, if they don’t want them they will be added to the charity stuff in my car. Going to have a cuppa and tackle that next.

Have a good day all x
  • juliejim
    juliejim Posts: 7,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Kitchen painted but decided that it needs papering so we need to go and look for paper as well as tiles!
    DH has done a tip run.
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA £5500
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Blimey you are all busy, what with floors / painting / tip runs etc, well done xx

I've been volunteering they needs what I normally do done because of the heat today by 11.30am so an army of us all turned up and got it done by 11.20!! :) same format tomorrow as well, early start...............

WM done out on line
    Tidied round

Drink plenty of water and keep cool.
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • BadCat18
    Options
    Books done.. most added to charity pile but at least they are also gone out of the garage, my poor little car well loaded up for Tuesday morning!

Have had lunch and a bit of a snooze, definitely needed that, I was flagging. Going to make some potato salad and marinade some chicken now for supper.

So nice to think that there is an extra day off tomorrow, the weather looks like it is going to stay good too.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Back from match which took 3 and a half hours but I'm through to the final to be played later in the week. It was too hot to carry on today.

Second load of washing is back in machine but first is now all away.

I'm now too tired to do any flying so will watch some catch up tv, and then potter about tomorrow.
    Spend less now, work less later.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport