Test Drive new laguna for the weekend

Options

Comments

• harveybobbles
    harveybobbles Posts: 8,973 Forumite
    Options
    I was meant to have the Sport Tourer today but I cancelled and re booked it for a weekend in May.
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,045 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Many thanks to the OP, had hatchback over the weekend, Avis called Thurs AM to arrange delivery without prompting from me, arranged delivery after 3 on the Friday to avoid residents parking issue and collected Monday lunchtime having arranged for keys to be left somewhere if we were not in - excellent service. SO did 400 miles only paying for the diesel.

Wouldn't buy the car tho, clutch was very on/off as was throttle - no power at all till turbo cut in at which point much too much power as foot was to the floor from pre turbo zero power mode. Also a bit noisy and more thirsty than I would expect from a diesel.

Have reserved a Fiat bravo 48 hour test drive for my next weekend away in June :)
    I think....
  • harveybobbles
    Options
    I have my Sport Tourer booked for the end of May. Got the Bravo lined up soon. Also the Toyota Auris is available for 24 hours too. so that's booked for when I'm off soon! Oh yeah, and a Jeep Cherokee for 24 hours...
  • k18dan
    k18dan Posts: 295 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have my Sport Tourer booked for the end of May. Got the Bravo lined up soon. Also the Toyota Auris is available for 24 hours too. so that's booked for when I'm off soon! Oh yeah, and a Jeep Cherokee for 24 hours...

How did you arrange the jeep one?
  • harveybobbles
    Options
    Well I booked one for Sunday the 18th May, and they phoned this morning (Friday) to ask if it was ok to drop it off, so I said of course! Asked what time monday morning they'd be collecting it, and they replied with "Well it will be Tuesday now..."

So I have the car from Friday am til Tues am...
  • harveybobbles
    Options
    So, 800 miles later. It's a great car. Tho not quite as roomy in the boot as say a mondeo or Vectra. But to be honest, I don't really care - it's a free test drive. And by god i've given it a good testing this weekend! From Yorkshire to Holyhead. Via Oldham and Crewe!
    Got all day Monday to use it yet...
  • harveybobbles
    Options
    k18dan wrote: »
    How did you arrange the jeep one?

As for the Jeep one - it's on thier website.
  • k18dan
    k18dan Posts: 295 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So, 800 miles later. It's a great car. Tho not quite as roomy in the boot as say a mondeo or Vectra. But to be honest, I don't really care - it's a free test drive. And by god i've given it a good testing this weekend! From Yorkshire to Holyhead. Via Oldham and Crewe!
    Got all day Monday to use it yet...

800 miles! nice one :rotfl::rotfl::D:D:D
  • harveybobbles
    Options
    Have to send it back with a full tank tho, but as some friends gave me some money towards fuel, it was still cheaper to use over the weekend than my current car.
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,045 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Word of warning for the long weekend - I was told insurance only covered me 5PM Friday till 9AM Monday
    I think....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport