No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries August 2019

Comments

• dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    dolly84 wrote: »

August PP List

Poppy King Lip Crayon in Dancing (b/f from July)
    [STRIKE]Soap & Glory EDT 50ml (b/f from July)[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Soap & Glory Shower Butter 250ml (b/f from July)[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Soap & Glory Smoothie Star Body Milk 500ml (b/f from July)[/STRIKE]
    Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish 200ml
    Liz Earle Facial Oil 28ml
    Clinique Happy Body Lotion
    [STRIKE]Boots Extracts Mango Shower Gel[/STRIKE]
    Sanctuary 2 day Shower Oil

My Finish 7 by Autumn list.

1. Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation (b/f from the last project)
    2. Seventeen Miracle Matte Powder
    3. [STRIKE]Lancome mini mascara[/STRIKE]
    4. [STRIKE]Soap & Glory mini lip crayon[/STRIKE]
    5. Benefit Champagne Pink Eyeshadow (b/f from the last project)
    6. The Balm Down Boy Blush - would like to hit pan (b/f from last project.
    7. Mini Bobbi Brown Eyeshadow in Taupe

My updated lists. From my PP list the Liz Earle cleanser has been cut open and the oil has a couple of days uses left. The lip crayon is still going strong and I haven't been using the Sanctuary shower oil much.

I feel like I will never hit pan on The Balm blush but I do love it so am not that bothered, I have only used the powder a few times as it is too dark on the skin even though it looks super pale in the pan, the two eyeshadows are being used very regularly but look no different, the BB one is very densely packed.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Hello everyone,

I saw this in the weekly email and decided to post for a little bit of accountability.
    I confess! I am a hoarder and (whilst I remind myself I'm not as bad as my mother :p) a shopper :o
    I've been trying to change my ways, slowly decluttering (using things up, repurposing, recycling, giving away, etc) and being more mindful of my purchases.

After a quick skim of this thread, I have "unwatched" ALL the beauty and makeup items on my eBay app!!!! :eek:

I won't list what I already have, but I will try to track all the items that come in and go out.

Elmo :)
    Elmo :) xx

No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries August 2019
    Frump to Fab 2019
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    One UU this morning:

Sensodyne Repair & Protect Whitening Toothpaste 75ml WDBA and have done. Great toothpaste. Replaced with my back up tube. It does make my teeth look a bit whiter, but it's probably just a placebo effect. Though this is one of the few toothpastes that don't irritate my mouth.
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    One IN this morning:

Davines Alchemic Shampoo Silver Fox 280ml I needed a new toning shampoo and a few people suggested this one to me. Let's see how it goes.
  • sunny_money
    sunny_money Posts: 361 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 August 2019 at 1:15PM
    Hello everyone,

I saw this in the weekly email and decided to post for a little bit of accountability.
    I confess! I am a hoarder and (whilst I remind myself I'm not as bad as my mother :p) a shopper :o
    I've been trying to change my ways, slowly decluttering (using things up, repurposing, recycling, giving away, etc) and being more mindful of my purchases.

After a quick skim of this thread, I have "unwatched" ALL the beauty and makeup items on my eBay app!!!! :eek:

I won't list what I already have, but I will try to track all the items that come in and go out.

Welcome! Ooh I don’t get the emails but nice to hear this thread was featured in it! :money:
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,829 Forumite
    UU; Liz Earle Rosemary bodywash. Emma left it in the bathroom for usage. Much prefer Bath and Body Works shower gels. WNB.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    Hello everyone,

Welcome Elmo, I must confess that I don't read the weekly emails anymore but am pleased that our names are in lights! You've taken a step though which is a good thing. Time to now enjoy what you have.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    Lacura hot cloth cleanser
    Bath and Body Works Shea Butter hand cream
    Snake Venom eye cream
    Tweak'd hair mask
    Lacura Q10 serum
    Lacuna glycholic pads
    Liz Earle Skin Repair
    The Ordinary Rosehip oil
    Elemis Balancing Lime Blossom cleanser
    [STRIKE]Liz Earle Lavender and Rosemary shower gel[/STRIKE]

Updated list. I have cut open the tube on the cleanser. Everything else ticking along.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    edited 14 August 2019 at 7:13PM
    GA - Opi nail polish on Olio app today

Welcome to the thread Elmo :)
    ally.
  • kadison
    kadison Posts: 3,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Elmo luvs you Welcome to the gang!

I have an update...

IN
    3B Face Saver Gel 50g - Sweat gel was recommended to me by a fellow Ballroom & Latin dancer, she uses it to decrease facial sweating while dancing and as it's something that afflicts me, especially in the summer, I can't wait to try this tomorrow night!
    Dove Daily Care 2in1 Shampoo & Conditioner 400ml

NBI
    Dermatonics Soothing Foot Cream 60ml - From Boots' Review Panel

UU
    L'Oreal Preference Conditioner 54ml

I am also having a go at turning a very olive-oily bar of soap (Alighiero Campostrini Lemon Soap 300g) into shower gel, it's a lovely soap but a b*gger to keep hold of in the shower, hence me trying this! I've bought some glycerin off Amazon to make it foam as well, I should have about 1.5L of shower gel once I'm finished!
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2023
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills