Comments

• maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    UU
    50ml Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream 2/54 WBA
    30ml Tata Harper Rejuvinating Serum 3/55
    15g Dr Dennis Gross Ferulic & Retinol Eye Cream 4/56

The serum and the eye cream came in Cult Beauty/Caroline Hirons boxes, both lovely products and in glass containers, sadly too expensive to buy again, unless a large discount was on offer.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • ponypal
    ponypal Posts: 416 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 14 August 2019 at 8:29PM
    UU Lush Polyamorous Bath Oil Melt. I think this would have been more exciting if I just used it for one bath but I sliced it into three. It smells of Palma violets. I quite like these bath melts and they are cheaper than bath bombs, WMBA but I am more likely to try a different one.

Still not bought anything new this month so far :)
    Debt Free since December 2017#11 3-6 month Emergency Fund - £3,207.08/£6,000.00
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    UU
    10ml Leighton Denny Renovate 5/57 WBA

My dilemma is that my nails would benefit from mega applications of oil, fortifier etc, but wearing nail polish or something like OPI Nail Envy protects them from knocks and helps them grow:(
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    kadison wrote: »

I am also having a go at turning a very olive-oily bar of soap (Alighiero Campostrini Lemon Soap 300g) into shower gel, it's a lovely soap but a b*gger to keep hold of in the shower, hence me trying this! I've bought some glycerin off Amazon to make it foam as well, I should have about 1.5L of shower gel once I'm finished!

Oh! Do let me know how you get on, please :D
    ally.
  • lynseydee
    lynseydee Posts: 1,802 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    kadison wrote: »
    Elmo luvs you Welcome to the gang!

I have an update...

IN
    3B Face Saver Gel 50g - Sweat gel was recommended to me by a fellow Ballroom & Latin dancer, she uses it to decrease facial sweating while dancing and as it's something that afflicts me, especially in the summer, I can't wait to try this tomorrow night!
    Dove Daily Care 2in1 Shampoo & Conditioner 400ml

NBI
    Dermatonics Soothing Foot Cream 60ml - From Boots' Review Panel

UU
    L'Oreal Preference Conditioner 54ml

I am also having a go at turning a very olive-oily bar of soap (Alighiero Campostrini Lemon Soap 300g) into shower gel, it's a lovely soap but a b*gger to keep hold of in the shower, hence me trying this! I've bought some glycerin off Amazon to make it foam as well, I should have about 1.5L of shower gel once I'm finished!

I'd love to know how you do this and how it turns out :)
    Did owe £9,951.96

Now helping hubby pay off loan. Finally paid off :j

Owe Virgin [STRIKE]£5,950.00 [/STRIKE]at 0% til June 2009 £3,427.89. Owe HSBC [STRIKE]£5,460.78 [/STRIKE]2.9% til May 2010 £3,703.07. Owe Post Office £1,676.62 at 0% til September 2010
  • Just popping in to say I'm still here. Good to see you all.

YTD I think I have five INs and 24 UU/OUT.

The only thing I'm likely to need this year is deodorant. I'll keep on plugging on. Back in a few months!
  • Halfway through the month

A few ins
    A cheap conditioner from lidl for the gym bag
    Blusher/ highlighter. Estee Lauder in a sheer colour. Lovely shade.. it's to replace the Elizabeth Arden that was discontinued.

There is so many half bits and pieces of things are really near finishing.
    Gave away 2 items. I have the attitude if it's not working for me I try to give it way asap. Better for a mistaken purchase to get a new home.
  • UUs:

Exuviance Age Reverse HydraFirm sample cream: WNB, nothing special.

Make-up Revolution black hair crayon:WBA, applies nicely to cover greys.
  • kadison
    kadison Posts: 3,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    asajj wrote: »
    Oh! Do let me know how you get on, please :D
    lynseydee wrote: »
    I'd love to know how you do this and how it turns out :)

I'm going to have another go tomorrow, basically I think it was a mistake trying to turn the WHOLE 300G into shower gel, right now I'm at 3L but it's still solidifying once it's properly cooled! One more go tomorrow but if I still have no joy I might ditch it as a bad job and try again from scratch with a different soap! I tried using it as shower jelly but it was not very nice and huge globs went straight down the plughole! :eek::rotfl:
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2023
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    uu

Liz Earle Superskin Concentrate for Night 28ml - this came with my Liz Earle order as the add on gift, it is lovely but too expensive for me to buy on it's own.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family