New Life Pending.....

Options

Comments

• Iwantanewlife
    Options
    Moguline wrote: »
    To be honest, that sounds like a lovely Christmas! My whole family is in Germany and OH's family usually work Christmas, so it's usually just OH, DS and I. Although this year, we'll also have a newborn ha!

It is amazing, which is why its one of my non negotiable. I love having such a close family and a three day party full of wine, food and laughter!

Awwwww a newborn at Christmas is just magical! can you tell i love Christmas? :rotfl:
    My debt free journey, diary and all! New Life Pending :beer:
  • girlatplay
    girlatplay Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm a homeowner with car. I have £1,000 in my EF but don't plan to increase that until my loan is gone (my loan is my only debt apart from my mortgage). In my opinion you would be best keeping your EF at £500 and paying down your loan. Once the worst (loan) is gone you could review it and see how you feel. Just my thoughts.
    Mortgage at 12/07/2022 = £175,000
    Mortgage today = £166,457.86
    300 282 payments to go.
    House buyout fund £3,261.67/£40,000
    Random Pick Fridays = £80.01
  • Iwantanewlife
    Options
    girlatplay wrote: »
    I'm a homeowner with car. I have £1,000 in my EF but don't plan to increase that until my loan is gone (my loan is my only debt apart from my mortgage). In my opinion you would be best keeping your EF at £500 and paying down your loan. Once the worst (loan) is gone you could review it and see how you feel. Just my thoughts.

Hey Girlsatplay, thank you! Im going to take your advice and do just that!
  • Iwantanewlife
    Options
    First shop of the month came in at £30 out if my £50 budget. Pleased as this also included some cleaning products and wine (yay!). Oh how i love Aldi! The remaining £20 will be split, £10 on cosmetics that ive run out of and use every day and £10 into the entertainment pot ready for my busy month. First event in London tomorrow and i feel its going to be an expensive one if im not careful!
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    Your Christmas does sound lovely. How nice it must be to be part of such a close and loving family. As you've already told them you're trying to clear your debts why don't you limit each present to a certain amount (say £5) each and start buying a couple of things each week. Half the fun is the surprise in opening the gift.

I'm in a similar position to you. Rent, no car expenses (no car!) and not pets. I find £500 is enough.

You are doing really well in getting those debts down. They'll be gone before you know it.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Iwantanewlife
    Options
    Your Christmas does sound lovely. How nice it must be to be part of such a close and loving family. As you've already told them you're trying to clear your debts why don't you limit each present to a certain amount (say £5) each and start buying a couple of things each week. Half the fun is the surprise in opening the gift.

I'm in a similar position to you. Rent, no car expenses (no car!) and not pets. I find £500 is enough.

You are doing really well in getting those debts down. They'll be gone before you know it.

Thanks so much for your kind words! :D I think im going to try and stick to £10, then find another pot for my son. Will be so much easier next year by budgetting! x
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    You will certainly be able to find something very acceptable for £10. Wrapped nicely, a little bit of ribbon and they'll look fabulous. Do you all share the cost of the food or contribute towards it?

And yes, next year will be much easier when your budgeting for it.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • darrannah
    Options
    such an inspiration, looks like you have everything straight in your mind and have a clear direction. well done and good luck :)
    What’s meant for you will not pass you 😃
    A fool and his money are soon parted!
    use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without :)
    EF -£860 Total debt - £2070 (DF March 2020)
    Clubcard-£10.50, coop card £15.63 Surveys cash- 8.94
  • DebtFreeMonkey
    Options
    Seems like you're making amazing progress as of late and you'll be debt free in no time!

Your Christmas sounds wonderful! I'm not from a very close family and we don't do anything of the sort...in fact, I usually work Christmas day but yours sounds just like Christmas should be. How wonderful :)
  • Iwantanewlife
    Options
    You will certainly be able to find something very acceptable for £10. Wrapped nicely, a little bit of ribbon and they'll look fabulous. Do you all share the cost of the food or contribute towards it?

And yes, next year will be much easier when your budgeting for it.

Thats exactly what i was thinking!

So we all contribute for food and drink for each day, then the host does the shopping. It works really well and always means that not one family member has to shoulder all the cost!

I hope you had a nice weekend
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport