New Life Pending.....

Options

Comments

• Iwantanewlife
    Options
    Moguline wrote: »
    Totally agree on the budgets. I've gladly paid for YNAB because it's saving me hundreds every month. It's mostly seeing numbers per category in black and white that stops me from spending wildly, rather than looking at my account, seeing a balance of say £500 and think "that's plenty for this month, let's check out my amazon wishlist" :rotfl:

haha thats so me! ive always been such a winger, oh something will happen to sort it out, or it will be alright in the end - that sort of mantra lol. Now im actually paying attention, my wage is going so much further. I think my sales propped up Amazon at one point :rotfl: i have to admit i do miss my little amazon prime supsciption :rotfl:
    My debt free journey, diary and all! New Life Pending :beer:
  • Moneywhizz
    Options
    You are doing really well getting the loan down even quicker than you had hoped originally. Once it is gone the rest of our debt is going to tumble quickly too. I think its a great feeling to have money set aside in pots to cover future expenses. It does make you feel that you are getting the best out of your money and removes so much stress when yearly expenses come up. I believe it really is the key to getting the most out of your money, whether you are in debt and struggling, or you have a surplus of money each month. It gives you so much control and choice regarding what you want to achieve with your money.
  • girlatplay
    girlatplay Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    side note - does anyone else think it feels like you have more money when you budget? really strange but for me to get to the end of the month with money full stop is amazing, let alone have nearly £300 left in pots. It feels like my money is going so much further, and apart from the popping out for pub dinners etc, i do not feel like im particularly going without at all!

I've saved just over £300 since 8th June just by paying attention. That money would have been frittered without me realising if I hadn't made a point of saving it.
    Mortgage at 12/07/2022 = £175,000
    Mortgage today = £166,457.86
    300 282 payments to go.
    House buyout fund £3,261.67/£40,000
    Random Pick Fridays = £80.01
  • Drawingaline
    Options
    If you find you are still missing amazon prime once the debt is gone, you can prioritise this. That's the beauty of budgeting :T
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Great news on the easy jet money and the loan payments... Yes, I agree that I feel like I've had a payrise managing my/our money better.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 236 payments to go - now £183,036 Equity 26.8%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.65K
    3) CC £4.6K on 0% spends card but offset by £33.8K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £10.2K/£127.5K AVC target 8% value at 15/5
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    Sounds like you are on track.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Iwantanewlife
    Options
    girlatplay wrote: »
    I've saved just over £300 since 8th June just by paying attention. That money would have been frittered without me realising if I hadn't made a point of saving it.

Thats amazing! well done!!! once i get my budgets spot on im hoping i will be just as good!
  • Iwantanewlife
    Options
    Good Morning All

another Monday morning, the weather is grey and slightly cold here. Matches my mood to be honest haha. I think this process has made me realise just how much i really hate my job. With money issues ive felt very stuck in it because it pays well, for relatively low stress, but its just so unchallenging. I wake up and dread having to go again, and ive decided thats not the way i want to waste my life. Now im learning how to work with my money, I think one of the the things i want to do when im debt free is look for a new job. I think that actually i wont need to be as driven just by the salary because actually i know i can budget, i finally want to do something i enjoy and i feel is motivating.

anyway enough moaning!

I hope you all had a good weekend, I had a pretty low spend one although i did go out with my sister, so a total of about £20 was spent. This could of been saved if im really honest, but it was so lovely to see her and spend some time with her i dont feel too bad about it. I still have half a tank of fuel, so may well be able to stretch without using my £40 budget this week, if i can then that will go in my EF and cover the weekend spend, plus.

Easy jet money still hasnt come in, so hopefully that will be soon. Id like to be able to make that payment before Friday so i can then have a round up early next week of my budget and how much the debt has gone down. This weekend coming is going to be slightly spendy as i have an event in london that i have tickets for. Im going with my dad though and hes always very generous luckily!

4 days till payday and the first months budget round up - so excited to see those numbers move!
  • girlatplay
    girlatplay Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The thing with budgeting is, you need to have some kind of treat allowance in there. Some people manage hardcore paying down debt but for most of us there needs to be a bit of leeway. Don't feel bad about spending £20 and having fun with your sis once in a while.
    Mortgage at 12/07/2022 = £175,000
    Mortgage today = £166,457.86
    300 282 payments to go.
    House buyout fund £3,261.67/£40,000
    Random Pick Fridays = £80.01
  • Iwantanewlife
    Options
    girlatplay wrote: »
    The thing with budgeting is, you need to have some kind of treat allowance in there. Some people manage hardcore paying down debt but for most of us there needs to be a bit of leeway. Don't feel bad about spending £20 and having fun with your sis once in a while.

Thanks Girlsatplay - I did feel bad to be honest but also felt like i really needed it! I have actually adjusted my budget this month to try and allocate the money a little kinder without taking away from my debt payments and EF so im going to see how it goes this month! Thanks for the reassurance it was needed x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure