Saving for..?

Options

Comments

• JennyJukes
    JennyJukes Posts: 361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I won, I won, I won!
    edited 27 October 2019 at 10:45PM
    Options
    Just a quick update to keep myself on track. Spent £1.33 on some coke to have some drinks (yes, alone) this weekend as I had nothing else to do! It would be nice to have friends around here - all my friends have families and live in different towns so I don't get to see them - but honestly I can't really stand being with people all the time. I do wish I had someone I could just go have coffee or lunch with on the weekends I don't see bf but ah well. Should be seeing him next weekend.

So that leaves:
    Groceries: £22.98/£25
    Petrol:£15.01/£55
    Entertainment: £10.95/£60

Adding the £2.02 leftover into savings. Travelling again tomorrow but do have some things in my diary, my partner-in-crime so to speak will be starting the following week so hopefully start to get busy then.

On Friday I went campaigning with my new company and it was quite fun and fulfilling actually. I didn't get much people signing but there were some nice people we chatted with. Didn't get any abuse so that's always a plus. Nice to be proactive.
    Single woman doing it on my own... First house bought June 2021!
    Mortgage end date: 2041. Goal: Anything less!
    Mortgage currently paid off: 4%
  • pinknsparkly
    Options
    I'm so glad you're enjoying life with your new company, it makes such a difference doesn't it?!

I'm also guilty of drinking home alone sometimes - I'm definitely one of those people who needs some time alone sometimes! That said, if you are looking to meet new people, I can highly recommend meetup.com - you can find and join social groups local to you and go along to "meetups" that they arrange.
    MFW2023 challenge #99: £1090.11 / £1,000 MFiT-T6 (Jan 2022 - Jan 2025) challenge #99: Reduce mortgage to £400,000. Current balance = £413,551.19 Initial MF date (23rd Aug 2022): Sep 2051 Current MF date: Jul 2051 Last updated: 15/06/2023
  • JennyJukes
    Options
    it really does make a difference - the colleagues at my old job were great but the company and the benefits weren't. i know most companies aren't perfect and i'm not going to pretend this one will be but for a bit of extra cash i can! the travelling is really taking it out on me but i'm enjoying being allowed to work on my own initiative and not being shot down on my ideas.

i'm not usually a home alone drinking, i am an emotional drinker though as in i drink when i'm upset. i've been really good at not doing this but i had a bad mental health weekend. it seems even when i have positive things in my life i get overwhelmed with change and it takes a toll on my mental health. but i think i'm fine now.

so another quick update whilst i have time, i don't want to become complacent just because i'll have a better wage now.. and i was good today as everyone went out for lunch but i had homemade food so just had that. bf is craving fish and chips so we're gonna do that this weekend anyway!

I have no food in the house tbh, I've been too tired to even go to the store so I will get that done tomorrow and cook.

the way i get paid is i get paid on the 15th for the whole month. so on the 15th next month i'll get my 21st-31st Oct then 1st-30th Nov paid in one go! So it's gonna be a big wage!! But it won't be an accurate picture of my monthly wage going forward so I'll make a new SOA the following month. Hopefully I don't get emergency taxed as i also get pay from my old job on the 20th and don't get my p45 until then.

I have requested to switch my energy supplier to Bulb. I have an economy 7 meter and my current supplier is quite expensive, so hopefully that goes ahead. I'm pretty sure I had arrears from a previous tenancy with a different supplier but they never sent me a bill so I hope this doesn't shoot me in the foot and I end up getting a bill from them..

Oh, and a £5.22 cashout from prolific woohoo! Straight to savings :)

Groceries: £6.81/£25
    Petrol: £15.01/£55

Today i'm just having some chips and a good old toastie later.. really have no energy for anything else and even a takeaway isn't tempting me tbh
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You will be paid in two weeks and hopefully make loads. If you are charged emergency tax (I hope you aren't) make sure you don't save any thing till you have paid your basic expenses and have some spare cash.

Well done on having your home made food at work. Im sorry the travelling is so much. I get wiped out by that too.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • JennyJukes
    Options
    Just quickly adding another £8.13 to my grocery budget. Tomorrow I will need to buy lunch out though due to the schedule I'm on. I also had to buy some measuring cups and a shower hair catcher (you do NOT want to see what came out of the shower hole when I cleaned it last weekend. could have used it as a halloween decoration... :eek:) but I'm not counting that in my groceries.

Groceries: £14.94/£25

I tried to redeem the £25 GiftChoice voucher I got from my old colleagues so bf and I can go for a meal on Saturday but it hasn't come through the email! It said it is usually straight away (and I've checked spam box) but can take longer when they're busy and that I should wait 48 hours before contacting them. Wanted to use it on Saturday so not sure if we can, I'm going to try contact them tomorrow if it doesn't arrive though. Really hope it does as I've already looked at the menu and I want that milkshake..:o
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I hope the voucher comes through so you can enjoy it.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • JennyJukes
    Options
    My voucher did come through, we spent it all on food and some drinks, plus an extra £4.87 on some more drinks for us. There was a nearby arcade so we popped in and spent £10 playing some games which was super fun. So £14.87 into the entertainment fund.

Plus £5.09 into the grocery fund. Added leftover£4.97 into savings. I have my usual £200 a month going into savings on the 8th but will need to take probably £100 back out to cover bills and entertainment purposes but should still save £100 which isn't bad considering I got my car serviced this month. I need to prepare lunch for the next few days now but waiting for my feet to warm up - it was 14.5 degrees when I got home!

Groceries: £20.03/£25
    Entertainment: £25.82/£60
  • JennyJukes
    Options
    Not much to add today - a lovely £8.05 into savings from prolific. Tomorrow I intend to go shopping for some lentils and curry paste to make some curried lentil soup for lunches. Nothing exciting, still travelling, training and working away.

Groceries: £0/£25
  • JennyJukes
    Options
    gosh I love Aldi. Got toiletries and some meat and veg (and ofc chocolate) for £10.97. I'll need to make up another batch of food for lunches and tea but I made some curried lentil soup for today and tomorrow. Not sure what we're doing this weekend. My landlord has scheduled my gas safety checks for Friday so need to clean up before then anyway :o should be able to do that tomorrow as I finally have a desk in town so no more travelling and then travelling next Monday and Tuesday! But things at work are coming along really well, just hope I can keep it up.

I also picked up a card for BFs bday next week, and 1 of my nephews bday this month along with some stamps as I have to get christmas cards for all 3 nephews, my brother and sister in law, my mum and then for my other nephews birthday AND for nephew number 4 being born in december!!!!!!! :rotfl: I have arranged for my mum to get gifts for them all for bdays/christmas so whilst it will be expensive at least i don't have the stress of buying for almost 4 kids :D

I am looking to take the week before christmas off work and bf will be finished with exams so we can possibly visit the family or do something together even if just relaxing knowing neither of us have anything to do!

I'll need petrol after this weekend and definitely need to put money back into my account after it goes into savings as I will need it. Oh well, 10 days until payday and it can go back in! oh wait no... christmas.. dang

Groceries: £10.79/£25
  • JennyJukes
    Options
    Went out for lunch for a catch up with old colleagues which was nice. I did bring soup with me to work but tbh it was actually a good thing I went out for lunch because I got home and realised I hadn't anything for tea tonight! So the soup and bread will get ate later tonight.

£4 on my lunch added to groceries

Groceries: £14.79/£25
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure