We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Is this too good to be true?

2

Comments

  • ok thanks

    looks like ill let it drop

    think ill stick to PAYG


    Thanks to all
  • RussWWFC
    RussWWFC Posts: 575 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    I've taken a gamble with these guys. Pretty naff Nokia phone that's on PAYG, but you get a "free" 32"HDTV with the deal.

    12 months at £32.50 and £40 cashback through Quidco
    http://www.quidco.com/affordable-mobiles/

    T&C's seem OK too, they have been going a while and have other companies such as eBuyer mobile which offer different deals

    Fingers crossed then...
    Wycombe Till I Die
  • Artistxman
    Artistxman Posts: 59 Forumite
    I am looking at some of the TV offers..what happened to your 32" TV offer..did you get the TV..what brand..is it working..any catch?

    Thanks
  • RussWWFC
    RussWWFC Posts: 575 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    In the end I had to cancel. They said they would transfer my number but it didn't go through so I sent it all back. You have to send your first bill in, seems OK to me
    Wycombe Till I Die
  • Artistxman
    Artistxman Posts: 59 Forumite
    So...you didn't receive the TV with the initial stuff...that sounds a bit like any other cash back..not sure if I want to take the risk.
  • deano27_2
    deano27_2 Posts: 128 Forumite
    I still don't understand these. If it was your business would you offer these deals. No because they don't make you any money only hook you into a contract. The reason the Nigerians still make a fortune through phishing is because people still think .wow a bargain ...fools.

    I had one yesterday on my fixed line.hi you have won a holiday if you would like to claim push 9..funny I dont recall entering a competition. Its that greedy something for nothing attitude that gets people in trouble. Yes look for a bargain, but any give aways there has always got to be some sort of catch.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    edited 27 February 2010 at 8:21PM
    Not entirely true. I've done extremely well out of cashback deals offering (more than) something for nothing - and have done the same for a growing number of others who trust my expertise with these deals. However, the catch is that most people don't really know what they're doing and come unstuck - paying for people like me. Freebies in lieu of cashback cost them less so they can be more generous - however, I'd rather have the phone and tariff free and buy the freebie with the money I've saved/made IF I really wanted it in the first place. I would be extremely cautious of using a dealer I didn't know inside out and/or hadn't researched thoroughly. In particular, what are the chances of them going bust; if the answer is very slim, by all means do it but only on the basis that you know precisely what you are signing up to and can and will sue if you don't get it. Otherwise AVOID!
  • rodman
    rodman Posts: 168 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture
    i found nokia n82 i black sim free on this website for £222 which is cheapest price i have seen, shud i buy from them? or I just will waste my time with them?
  • Hi,

    I've had loads of hassle from this company so you should be really careful.
    I was waiting ages for my order and then they were messing me around - telling me my order would be with me the next day, then telling me it was still in the warehouse - this went on for about 1 week before I was told my order was lost and cancelled! Complaining got me nowhere - I got an email advising my order had been dispatched, then an email the next day saying my handset was not in stock and they weren't sure when it would be....total brush off!

    Be wary
  • If you do pay by credit card so you will be protected against anything going pete tong
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.