santander changes

Options
1235»

Comments

• Uxb1
    Uxb1 Posts: 732 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    When the industrial revolution arrived and there was no further need for Cart and Shire horses to pull canal boats, ploughs and carts there was no need for any more to be born - so now you don't see many shire horse around.

So likewise there will be far less need for humans - which will be excellent for the planet: and just in case you ask I'm an only child with no children so no I'm not adding to them.
    Traditionally anyway the way society got rid of surplus humans was to have a war where large numbers could be killed.

Personally speaking the more places that replaced humans with machines the better. They don't go sick, need pensions, go on strike, get pregnant, want holidays, make mistakes and the rest
    Using the hand held self scanners at Tesco is a breeze compared to the old system of putting it in the trolley, emptying it out on to the conveyor, having staff scan the item and then putting it all back into your bags.
  • Radnorsaver
    Options
    I had a response from Santander to my complaint - a letter saying they have resolved my complaint!! They have ignored my further messages saying they have not resolved anything.
    I am closing our accounts!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I had a response from Santander to my complaint - a letter saying they have resolved my complaint!! They have ignored my further messages saying they have not resolved anything.
    I am closing our accounts!

Wow - overreaction.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Zanderman wrote: »
    The EU were 'involved' because this sort of legislation does, mostly, originate from the EU and is implemented within member states. Rather than every country writing its own version and then having to make sure they are all compatible..

The legislation is, of course, fairly sensible - and is trying to protect us all from fraud - I don't think anyone can argue with the concept.. The problems arising from it (being discussed in this thread) are to do with how to implement it - but that's not a criticism of the concept.

Of course it is exactly the sort of legislation that we, when outside the EU, will have to form ourselves, instead of relying on the EU to form it. It would (almost certainly) have happened here whether in the EU or not, not least as we will still need to match EU business systems.

It's EU/EEA wide due to the SEPA.

Outside the EU/EEA, England won't formulate the legislation itself, it will simply become a rule taker like Switzerland.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure