BT Sport and TV customers to face price hikes from next month - MSE News

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in TV MoneySaving
38 replies 6.9K views
MSE_Megan_FMSE_Megan_F Former MSE
418 posts
Newshound!
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in TV MoneySaving
Hundreds of thousands of BT Sport and TV customers will be hit with price hikes of up to £48/yr from next month - but if you're affected you can leave the TV part of your contract penalty-free...
Read the full story:
'BT Sport and TV customers to face price hikes from next month'

OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
Read the latest MSE News
Flag up a news story: [email protected]
Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail

Replies

• duncanthedogduncanthedog Forumite
    3.7K posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not only that but I have heard that BT customers are losing five channels from their package next month
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Not only that but I have heard that BT customers are losing five channels from their package next month

Which 5 channels are they losing?
  • Take BT sport through Sky
    They did say there was to be a swop early this year i.e. bt got sky movies and sky got bt sport, now they are saying it has been delayed.
    Any idea when this will take place ?.
  • JJ_EganJJ_Egan Forumite
    16.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No idea.

See identical posts .
  • manucolmanucol Forumite
    3 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    last year I signed up to BT broadband 12 months package with free 18 months BT sport package. Now they are proposing to charge me £1 per month for my free offer. But if I sign up for another 12 month broadband package I may be be able to get bt sport free for another 18 months (Is anybody stupid enough to believe them having reneged on original deal?)
  • manucolmanucol Forumite
    3 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    last year I signed up to BT broad 12 months package with free 18 months BT sport package. Now they are proposing to charge me £1 per month for my free offer. But if I sign up for another 12 month broadband package I may be be able to get bt sport free for another 18 months (Is anybody stupid enough to believe them having reneged on original deal?)
  • socmwils23socmwils23 Forumite
    186 posts
    trying to cancel my bt sport after being notified of the price rise. 30 minutes in and still not managed to get through. Apparently they are very busy right now. I wonder how many are leaving?
  • edited 19 June 2019 at 2:04PM
    JJ_EganJJ_Egan Forumite
    16.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 19 June 2019 at 2:04PM
    Sunday morning is a good time to phone BT .

You decide what you want and alternative suppliers .Also work out how long left on your contract and if its worth paying off.

Phone Bt say cancel .
    Tell them due to the price rise you want top cancel the TV/ Sports package.Mention also that you will not be renewing your BB contract when that ends .
    See what they offer .
    A price rise over the last three years has always meant a lower price for me after negotiating .

PS also work out what its worth to you for a particular sport.
  • I signed up for BB in October and got BT sport for £12 month 18 month contract through Sky. Now increasing that by £4 a month. Rather a large % increase for an extra 10 premier league games.
  • Just rang them, I don't want BT sport and only had it because it was free. I've been told that I cannot leave that part of my contract and have to pay a £40 or something fee. They can continue to let me have it for free until Jan 2020 but I will be in a new 18 month contract.