PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Feedback on our property

Options

Comments

• getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    3 beds upto £350k 1/2 mile for sale 10/20 SSTC.

4/16 of those were upto £300k

3 bed houses a flying off the shelf

1m it's 22/53

12/43 upto £300k

4bed + 1/2m 0/8 a few of them are under £325.

I won't do the detailed "more like this" analysis

There are plenty to compare too but I suspect the sell through rate drops over £300k
  • getmore4less
    Options
    Link semi detached is a closer description.

Compact design we're common when builders could sell anything.

The early 3 story designs were on the same footprints and room size increased then they got squeezed down.
  • WeAreGhosts
    WeAreGhosts Posts: 3,100 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Treacle10 wrote: »
    Thank you for feedback, no further comments are needed about how rubbish our house is or how small the garden is.

No one said your house is rubbish. You asked for feedback. There's obviously something wrong if you can't get viewings, and people spent their time telling you what those problems are likely to be. Personally, I'd never put my house online for people to critique, and I think those who do are quite brave. But you have to be in the mindset of accepting the feedback and making use of it.
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Cakeguts wrote: »

Looks like something Bob the Builder would knock up, the "in excess" of 300k is wishful thinking IMO.
  • Cakeguts
    Cakeguts Posts: 7,627 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Treacle10 wrote: »
    Thank you for feedback, no further comments are needed about how rubbish our house is or how small the garden is.

The comments that you are getting on here are what your buyers are likely to be thinking about your house. What you are supposed to do is to have a look at these comments and see how you can improve your house or price so that you can achieve a sale.
  • Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,826 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 June 2019 at 8:11AM
    Options
    How very selfish of you to edit your OP, just because you didn't like the feedback you got. Others in a similar situation can now not benefit from the free advice you have received.

I think you should remove the link. The OP removed it, they politely asked me if I would remove the clicky link that I put in post 2 as well, which I did.

I can understand why people get touchy. You, quite literally, said their garden was rubbish. Telling them that (as well as every reason you wouldn't buy it, none of which can be changed) is not constructive, it's just sport. Which is what these posts are for a lot of people. The fact you've put it up again proves it.

All houses have compromises directly linked to budget.

Just take the link down. The OP is upset, that's enough.
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 20 June 2019 at 8:21AM
    Options
    Their house is overpriced and OP got upset because they were told what they didn't want to hear, despite no offers, now their upset.....

Guess OP is happy being in blissful ignorance, their house is the best on the street and will get offers flying in soon.

I also hate wide angle shots, makes a place bigger than it is, which is misleading as a buyer and wastes my time to view the place. I had a box room look bigger and as soon as I saw how small it was, I walked.
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    How very selfish of you to edit your OP, just because you didn't like the feedback you got.
    The OP's question has gone too, of course, but I think it was based on not getting viewings.
    If viewings aren't happening, it can normally be assumed that people are seeing the property on the internet and thinking it's not appealing or offering good value.

The main early criticism was of the agent's presentation being dire, which ties-up very well with the lack of viewers.

Yes, the house has been compromised to some extent by squashing too much into the available space, but people may overlook those drawbacks at the right price.

So, a better agent and a price revised sufficiently downwards will probably work. Looking at what no 142 achieved gives guidance in that respect.
  • lindens
    lindens Posts: 2,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Due to the compromises made by the builder your house may not appeal to the obvious family, but there will be a buyer out there. Maybe a single person who has no time for gardening, will love a nice big study/computer geek room in bedroom 2 and a spare room for guests. It just may take longer to sell.
    Put a positive spin on the negatives - a nice garden to sit in, low maintenance, no lawn to mow etc etc
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
  • getmore4less
    Options
    I think this link is still the right area.

7 SSTC 1/2 mile 300-325

That is what people are viewing and making offers on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure