PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Feedback on our property

Options
Treacle10
Treacle10 Posts: 5 Forumite
edited 19 June 2019 at 5:11PM in House buying, renting & selling
Thank you for feedback, no further comments are needed about how rubbish our house is or how small the garden is.

Comments

• Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 19 June 2019 at 5:29PM
    Options
    Is that the whole garden?

It's 2019. There's no excuse for an agent not using a wide angle lens. It doesn't matter if everyone's house is the same size if yours looks smaller because they've taken photos with a potato and everyone else has wide angle shots.

You must look at the way that agents present their properties online before engaging them.
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • ProDave
    ProDave Posts: 3,749 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Picture 7 gives the impression you have a TINY garden and the small space is entirely a small bit of decking.

If you have more garden than that, you need to show it. I would not look at a house if I thought that was the only garden.
  • Sofee3
    Sofee3 Posts: 96 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yeah photos are pretty poor, kitchen could do with a declutter and washing machine emptied. Garden is tiny looking.
  • Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If yours is the same as 142 (which I suspect it is) it sold for £30k less in January and looks bigger because they used a wide angle lens.
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • Simby
    Simby Posts: 240 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Get the pictures retaken.. I suspect this is actually a nice house, from the pictures I have no idea

Some are cut off at the top and very few are pictures of the whole room , they seem cropped in some strange way
  • Treacle10
    Treacle10 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    That’s the whole garden. It’s the same as 142 but theirs is a terrace where ours is semi detached with driveway and garage on the side as opposed to round the back.
  • melanzana
    melanzana Posts: 3,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Treacle, it's a lovely house. But you want to sell it right? What market are you aiming it at, FTB or families?

Just a few points, please smooth out the duvet. It's a pet hate of mine!

Remove everything from kitchen sides apart from kettle and fruit bowl.

I wouldn't have so much focus on the lovely Princess painting either. May not be to everyone's taste, but obviously is to your little girl!

Otherwise it looks great to me. I suppose you have to compare it with similar houses in your area and see what the differences are including price.

First impressions are lasting!

Best of luck.
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Overpriced for the current climate maybe? I know Hampshire was one of the biggest bubbles in the country but people are now starting to digest the fact that a WTO Brexit is back on the table, and that is maybe affecting their desire to spend/borrow?
  • Cakeguts
    Cakeguts Posts: 7,627 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Treacle10 wrote: »
    That’s the whole garden. It’s the same as 142 but theirs is a terrace where ours is semi detached with driveway and garage on the side as opposed to round the back.

Your house is not semidetached it is terraced or another type of terrace that are called linked. For a true semi you have to be able to walk from the front of the house to the back garden without going through any other building. You can't do that with yours because you would have to go through the garage.

Someone who is looking for a semidetached house will not look at yours because of the link of the garage to the next house making a terrace.

So starting from the point that your house is more like a terraced house than a semidetached how much cheaper does the price need to be?

It will sell for about a bit more than 142 simply because it has parking on the drive but it won't sell for as much as a semidetached because of the problem of the garage.

How many cars can you get on your drive? If it only one then you don't have anything better than 142 because people will just park in the road instead.
  • Puflet
    Puflet Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    I love murals, and have been commissioned to paint them on several occasions. I have painted one which goes over all the walls and the ceiling in the bathroom (it's a long story! :) ) However, when I was renting my property out, the letting agent advised me to paint over it. I didn't do so, and I've recently put it on the market and it went under offer very quickly; however, it's one of those things like very strongly patterned wallpaper and can put people off.

When the photographer from the EA came round, she was very hot on staging - removing all the unsightly things you need day to day, rearranging objects to look more appealing - and used a wide angle lens. The pics make my property look much larger than it actually is, rather than smaller - to the point that I was wondering if it was misleading! - but it did get potential buyers through the door.

Good luck with your sale!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport