12346»

Comments

• bobwilson
    bobwilson Posts: 595 Forumite
    edited 27 June 2019 at 4:24PM
    Options
    missile wrote: »
    Are you a blogger Bob?

You could write a book, in your spare time :-)
    bobwilson wrote: »
    I don't think anyone would read it!
    I would :rotfl:
    You might be my only reader! :cool::D:p:)
  • bobwilson
    bobwilson Posts: 595 Forumite
    Options
    Takmon wrote: »
    People have published books and promoted them in the media about truly horrific events such as being sexually abused as a child.

Only once the threat of abuse is over.
    Takmon wrote: »
    Posting anonymously on a forum about being chased by a serial killer as an adult sounds like a pretty reasonable thing to write about in comparison.

Nothing is truly anonymous, it's possible to find out who someone is in the details & if any of us were being hunted by a serial killer I very much doubt we'd talk about it online until the threat was over- especially if you were under police protection or had a change of identity.

Just to be clear, I'm not hunted by a serial killer, didn't win the jackpot, and I don't think the stories I tell here are superior or comparable to someone being sexually abused! Just because I may or may not have more interesting stories to tell doesn't mean I can or will talk about it.

Just because a girl moans about her boss or complains about trivial things doesn't mean she hasn't dealt with bigger issues in her life- perhaps she used to be a man and had a sex change, was cut off by her family & friends and had to start a new life with no one in it. Perhaps she witnessed a mercy killing by a drug lord after mistaking a warehouse for the address of a car repair shop at 9pm in an abandoned estate and was chased down the street by three men with weapons.

You're welcome to read my mundane stories or not, as you so wish, and I make no claims that they're a demonstration that my life is superior! I think there's great solace in simplifying ones life to a point where you're not exposed to these situations as often. That doesn't mean that person's life is inferior- if anything, it's superior! There's no insult intended by my stories & if everyone wants me to stop then perhaps I will? :o

I'm sure someone will come along & take offence at the above words- but what I'm trying to say is I intend no offence, I don't think my life is superior, and I'm sorry if you thought it came across that way.
  • Mickey_seabright
    Options
    I used to work with a woman who seemed to have had the most extraordinary experiences, to the extent that her tale of alien abduction was one of the more believable! ��
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure