Day in the Life of Bob - hiring a weekly cleaner

Comments

• onwards&upwards
    onwards&upwards Posts: 3,423 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    bobwilson wrote: »
    The fact you think this is comparable to winning the jackpot on euromillions or being chased across the country by a serial killer is either depressing or illustrates which one of us is delusional :o:rotfl:

Carry on de-railing the thread ;)

Do you think people are impressed? Or that they warm to you when you talk like this?

What did you squander your jackpot win on?
  • Takmon
    Takmon Posts: 1,738 Forumite
    The irony of informing someone their life is "pretty normal", when you know almost nothing about them, is apparently wasted on you :o

Thank you for the compliment though, I really wish it were true :D

Well you have posted a lot of information on here and surely if you had anything to add that would show you have had a life that "makes you more experienced than most" you would have posted it by now to prove me wrong.

You seem to have some need to feel superior to everyone else. You must be past retirement age yet have to have the inconvenience of two lodgers living in your home because you have no money to make ends meet. Even though you won a large amount of money on the EuroMillions in the last 15 years so you must have squandered it all!. If you were as experienced at life as you suggest you would be living a life of luxury now and not bunked up with two strangers in your own home. :rotfl:

But please tell us more :rotfl:
  • bobwilson
    bobwilson Posts: 595 Forumite
    Do you think people are impressed? Or that they warm to you when you talk like this?

What did you squander your jackpot win on?

In fact, I haven't said anything about what I've been through in life, and I don't think it's right to poke fun of others based on speculation about what their lives are like. I welcome constructive criticism based on facts, but speculative insults only results in making others feel bad, which is unnecessary- you have no idea what others might be going through at any time from an online forum & how personally they might take the insults.
  • bobwilson
    Takmon wrote: »
    Well you have posted a lot of information on here and surely if you had anything to add that would show you have had a life that "makes you more experienced than most" you would have posted it by now to prove me wrong.

Do you think if someone were really chased by a serial killer or other life-changing events that they'd talk about it on an online forum? I wouldn't!
  • Takmon
    Takmon Posts: 1,738 Forumite
    In fact, I haven't said anything about what I've been through in life, and I don't think it's right to poke fun of others based on speculation about what their lives are like. I welcome constructive criticism based on facts, but speculative insults only results in making others feel bad, which is unnecessary- you have no idea what others might be going through at any time from an online forum & how personally they might take the insults.

If you didn't want criticism you shouldn't have come on here claiming you have a more experienced life than most people on here trying to make out your life is some how superior.

If you come on here making claims like that after posting very mundane stories about your life then you have to expect to be called out on it.
    Do you think if someone were really chased by a serial killer or other life-changing events that they'd talk about it on an online forum? I wouldn't!

People have published books and promoted them in the media about truly horrific events such as being sexually abused as a child.

Posting anonymously on a forum about being chased by a serial killer as an adult sounds like a pretty reasonable thing to write about in comparison.
  • Robisere
    Robisere Posts: 3,237 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    I am told that I have lived an extraordinarily eventful life, by family and friends. Looking back, I suppose I have, but I don't feel the need to expose it all here. Or anywhere else, come to that. For one thing, it would take up far too much time and space.

But it is also my life. No one else needs to know the (occasionally sordid) details!

But carry on Bob, I may return to your boring diary at some point.
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
  • onwards&upwards
    onwards&upwards Posts: 3,423 Forumite
    Robisere wrote: »
    I am told that I have lived an extraordinarily eventful life, by family and friends. Looking back, I suppose I have, but I don't feel the need to expose it all here. Or anywhere else, come to that. For one thing, it would take up far too much time and space.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • happyandcontented
    happyandcontented Posts: 2,768 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 27 June 2019 at 2:19PM
    The fact you think this is comparable to winning the jackpot on euromillions or being chased across the country by a serial killer is either depressing or illustrates which one of us is delusional :o:rotfl:

Carry on de-railing the thread ;)

Thank you, I think where I am taking it is much more interesting!

It is not about comparability, it is about everyone having anecdotes/incidents/adventures/issues/achievements/sordid details/failings which are worthy of note, interesting, or both.

If you believe your life to be more than any of the above, write a book, earn back that Euro Millions win that seems to have slipped away.....;)
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I have visions of a self-published tome! The thread reminds me of a guy around here, in fact I suspected it was he!
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • bobwilson
    Robisere wrote: »

But it is also my life. No one else needs to know the (occasionally sordid) details!

But carry on Bob, I may return to your boring diary at some point.

Me too- that's why I don't expose it all on here. I only talk about trivial things. It can be therapeutic! If you don't want to read you certainly don't have to. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure