We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Keeping on the Straight and Narrow...
Comments
-
Prolific is slow for me too at the moment. You’ve spurred me on to go back and have another go tonight.
Love having the house to myself. I’d use it for napping rather than cleaning though 😂
PBs £3050 (including £1k EF & £1k Christmas fund)
21/26 books for 2026Take the time to find the joy in each day
1 -
Ha ha DR, napping is a great option too, might do that on Thurday when everyone is out again 😂
I think Pro!ific depends on motivation when it's slow, as it can feel like not a lot of gain but those £6 payouts are better in our pockets than theirs! I tend to keep a tab open if I'm online on my laptop or work PC and nab them as they pop up.
A dry day here so got a load washed and on the line, hoping they dry a bit as it's all things that can't go in the drier.
After the school run I took Mum for breakfast as a local cafe had a breakfast bap and cuppa deal for £5.95 each, very enjoyable too. I then picked up mine and DH's prescriptions, dropped off an Ama3on return and dropped off a V!nted parcel which sold this morning. Then took Mum for her grocery shopping before she twisted my arm 😉and persuaded me that having another coffee before heading home would be a good idea.
When we got back to hers I stripped her bed and put a fresh set of bedding on for her so that's my good deed for the day.
Just caught up on some school financial admin, DS1 is at a local college for a Science event today so £6 'donation' there for coach travel, I thought I'd already paid this, naughty Mum! While I was paying for that I paid for other bits requested as he's also going on a slightly more expensive trip to a music event in January, £25 coach travel for that and then I have just had an email for DS2 to go on a trip to a Roman Fort for a £20 'donation' and the school Halloween disco tickets are on sale, £3 each. Bye bye £57!
Thankfully I have a savings pot for school activities as I used to get caught out a lot by things like this, it's looking a lot lighter than it did this morning though!
I've also ordered DS1's Halloween costume as it had a Prime Day discount, DS2 can't make up his mind what he wants to be so I've threatened him that if he doesn't choose soon he'll end up with a customised black bin bag and a cheap witches hat like I used to rock back in the 80's 😂
DH is working from home today then out on the road for the rest of the week. To ensure he has at least some nutrition rather than grabbing unhealthy snacks on the go, I've got a beautiful smelling vegetable soup in the slow cooker. He will have microwave access at each site so can easily warm the soup up. There's enough there for both of our lunches this week and hopefully a portion or 2 for the freezer.
I did reach the cash out threshold on JamD0nut yesterday, £11.73 requested and received today. This has been rounded up to £12 and added to today's PAD.
Today's PAD £14
Debt Total £2951 (BCard £301)
Tomorrow's PAD will see the BCard start with a 2 👌
Debt Busting Again in 2026
Starting Debt 03.05.26 £5345. Total 01.10.26 £2994
Challenge 1 - Clear M&S Card: Starting Balance 03.05.26 £600, cleared 05.07.26
Challenge 2 - Clear V12 Finance: Starting Balance 05.07.26 £600, cleared 12.08.26
Challenge 3 - Clear Barclaycard: Starting Balance 12.08.26 £940, current total 01.10.26 £344
4 -
I certainly don’t miss all the school stuff.
I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb. ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.[/b] [11 months left.[/b]1 -
Yes @beanielou the school bits and bobs seem to constantly pop up. I can console myself that we're lucky and rarely need to pay for wraparound care and the boys take packed lunches rather than having school dinners so at least we don't have expenditure in those areas, it could be a lot worse.
Forgot to say earlier that he N/wide switch hasn't happened, got a call from them yesterday to say they needed DH's PAN number 😐️ Now given there was an issue with mine last week (I'd given them details of an old sole account I had with the Spanish bank rather than the joint account being switched) and the whole address saga, I was surprised by this new bit of information required to say the least.
The customer service person was lovely and has logged all the information again but apparantly it can take another 3 days for the checks to be finalised so I remain unconvinced the switch is going to happen. I've now had 3 phone calls and 3 live chats and am feeling very apprehensive. I'm not a fan of the app either so it just feels like it's not worth the effort at this point.
Debt Busting Again in 2026
Starting Debt 03.05.26 £5345. Total 01.10.26 £2994
Challenge 1 - Clear M&S Card: Starting Balance 03.05.26 £600, cleared 05.07.26
Challenge 2 - Clear V12 Finance: Starting Balance 05.07.26 £600, cleared 12.08.26
Challenge 3 - Clear Barclaycard: Starting Balance 12.08.26 £940, current total 01.10.26 £344
2 -
Grrr - call from N/Wide confirming the switch will happen on the 15th, expressed concern that this is out of the timescale for the switch incentive, 35 minutes later and I'm no clearer as to whether or not we will receive it.
To be fair to the lady I spoke to, she's been great, she is the same person I spoke to earlier this week and seems to be determined to help me get some sort of resolution, she just couldn't seem to get anyone senior to her to commit to an answer. Despite my frustration I kept calm, kept thanking her for her time and support and she's going to update me once she's received clarity. I'm hoping the fact that there isn't a clear answer today means they'll give me the £175 to save them contacting me again 😂
*ETA - just had 2 emails, the first said 'we will contact your bank for a list of regular payments' (the same email as I received initially last week, the 2nd said 'we have contacted your bank for a list of regular payments' - I never got as far as the 2nd email last week so I'm hoping that at least the correct information is there for the switch 🤞
Trying to look on the bright side that at least I'm on my days off so have time to spend dealing with this.
It was quite chilly here this morning, around 5 degrees. It's the first time in a long while that the house felt quite cool when we got up, but we resisted the urge to switch the heating on. It's a glorious sunny day here. I made the most of it and met sis-in-law after dropping the kids off at school and we went for a walk and a catch up, popped in H£ron's and spent just under £10 on some bits that will be useful for packed lunches before heading home.
Came back and got yet another load of washing pegged outside and had a general tidy round. I'll be walking back to school to pick the boys and the car up and then it will be a quick bite to eat for us before we head back out for their swimming lesson.
Redeemed another £5 Ama3on voucher from M!crosoft rewards today and £10 from V1nted, so we are well and truly in the £2's for the BCard! 😀
Today's PAD £12
Debt Total £2939 (BCard £289)
Debt Busting Again in 2026
Starting Debt 03.05.26 £5345. Total 01.10.26 £2994
Challenge 1 - Clear M&S Card: Starting Balance 03.05.26 £600, cleared 05.07.26
Challenge 2 - Clear V12 Finance: Starting Balance 05.07.26 £600, cleared 12.08.26
Challenge 3 - Clear Barclaycard: Starting Balance 12.08.26 £940, current total 01.10.26 £344
1 -
Well done for hitting the next milestone 🥳
PBs £3050 (including £1k EF & £1k Christmas fund)
21/26 books for 2026Take the time to find the joy in each day
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

