We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Keeping on the Straight and Narrow...

1…164165166167168170»

Comments

  • DancingInTheRain
    DancingInTheRain Posts: 1,729
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    OhDear - cheers I'm looking forward to it disappearing completely.

    Busy day at work today followed by a Chinese fakeaway DH conjured up, yum 😋

    I'm feeling like I'm coming down with a cold which is annoying so soon after the bug that's just ran through our house. Currently sat in my pjs with a hot water bottle watching Strictly 🪩.

    DH is being a star and is entertaining the boys in the other room, I think they're either watching football or playing a football game from the noises they're making 😂

    Back in work tomorrow, think I'll be having an early night once Strictly is finished and hope I wake up feeling a bit more human.

    £2 from V today added to the PAD.

    Today's PAD £4

    Debt Total £2928 (BCard £278)

    Debt Busting Again in 2026

    Starting Debt 03.05.26 £5345. Total 01.10.26 £2994

    Challenge 1 - Clear M&S Card: Starting Balance 03.05.26 £600, cleared 05.07.26

    Challenge 2 - Clear V12 Finance: Starting Balance 05.07.26 £600, cleared 12.08.26

    Challenge 3 - Clear Barclaycard: Starting Balance 12.08.26 £940, current total 01.10.26 £344

  • Dakota_Rose
    Dakota_Rose Posts: 864
    500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    Aw no. I hope you’re feeling better tomorrow! I’m just catching my first bit of the new strictly. Not sure how much I’m enjoying it - nothing to do with the new presenters more that I’m just a bit fed up of the show in general.

    PBs £3050 (including £1k EF & £1k Christmas fund)
    21/26 books for 2026

    Take the time to find the joy in each day

  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 101,383
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Academoney Grad Mortgage-free Glee!
    Ambassador

    Feel better soon x

    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.[/b] [11 months left.[/b]
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.