IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Bw legal portswood car park, southampton

Options

Comments

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 12 November 2019 at 3:50PM
    Options
    So it was 2 - 0 to the Defendants at full time, and no penalties allowed.
    ......and no VAR (leave to appeal) in sight! Well done C-m and ParkingMad.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    brilliant court report and anecdotes

well done to all "our side" , a win for the masses against greedy profiteering parking companies who think they enforce the "law" yet flout it daily
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,169 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 7 August 2020 at 3:02PM
    Options
    Post #14 of the Abuse of Process thread has been updated.

EDIT - THERE IS NOW A TEMPLATE DEFENCE - TOP OF THE FORUM.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,410 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Well done CM, great result. And especially beating a barrister at his own game.
    This man ROCKS. He can pull a rabbit out of a very deep hole while the hounds around him whimper in submission at his feet.

Seems he's lost his touch! :D

I wonder if BWL will be adding to his testimonial page?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 12 November 2019 at 7:37PM
    Options
    Brilliant coupon-mad, a breathtaking result.

Love to be a fly on the wall when the cartel, the legals who all add on the same fake £60, inc VCS, get together for their next move to further highlight the parking scam.

DJ Taylor made it very clear why he struck out the the first case and I wonder what part of that the Barrister did not understand ?

Will BWLegal attempt to appeal to the circuit judge ?
    In the closed shop of judges, as this was such an important case as Judge Taylor was being accused of an error, I feel certain that the Circuit judge was fully aware to the point of approving the decision of DJ Grand

We will now wait with baited breath to see if BWLegal and others like Gladstones etc accept they lost with the fake £60 scam

Will Britannia take this as far to the Supreme court and argue against those judges who said ...
    198. ''...The charge has to be and is set at a level which enables the managers to recover the costs of operating the scheme...

We will see

I have added this thread to the Abuse of process thread post #1
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6014081
  • The_Slithy_Tove
    The_Slithy_Tove Posts: 4,024 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 12 November 2019 at 7:43PM
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    The barrister was brave enough to assert that he felt there was 'institutional bias' in the courts against parking firms who are 'unpopular' and then tore into how 'brief and vague' DJ Taylor's June strike out Order had been, and that it was unfair as it had given the poor Claimant no information as to what was meant as regards 'going behind' the POFA and the Beavis case...

DJ Grand almost lost his rag at that point (clearly BW Legal were unaware that DJ Grand uses exactly the same strike out wording himself!).
    I think that's called "failing the attitude test". It really is setting yourself up for failure if you start off by insulting the judiciary in general. No matter how "impartial" the DJ is supposed to be, this will hardly bring him on your side.
  • beamerguy
    Options
    I think that's called "failing the attitude test". It really is setting yourself up for failure if you start off by insulting the judiciary in general. No matter how "impartial" the DJ is supposed to be, this will hardly bring him on your side.

You are so right Slithy. Maybe lessons can be learned by the Barrister by watching Kavanagh QC on catch-up
  • Snakes_Belly
    Options
    Brilliant report and very well done CM.

They always seem to use Chaplair v Kumari as justification yet it relates to a written contract and monies that had actually been paid out. These are also disputed claims that are disputed at the outset.

Nolite te bast--des carborundorum.
  • beamerguy
    Options
    Brilliant report and very well done CM.

They always seem to use Chaplair v Kumari as justification yet it relates to a written contract and monies that had actually been paid out. These are also disputed claims that are disputed at the outset.

Don't think the penny ever dropped with BWLegal with that one.

Let's hope the penny has now dropped because BWLEGAL LOST and so did BRITANNIA
  • Snakes_Belly
    Options

I think it's the last resort when they start claiming bias. They know they are losing.

Nolite te bast--des carborundorum.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport