IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Bw legal portswood car park, southampton

Options

Comments

• MR.A
    MR.A Posts: 21 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done, a great result for all of us here! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป Thanks for your hard work.
  • BrownTrout
    BrownTrout Posts: 2,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I would note a word of caution, a lot of people will be reading this and thinking this is the magic bullet for claims, it most certainly is not
    Whilst no doubt a good result I personally think this iwill make little difference to the success or otherwise of claims
    As Mrs May said 2 years ago
    "nothing has changed"
  • henrik777
    henrik777 Posts: 3,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Costs on the indemnity basis were not allowed, despite trying for it.

Awesome work.

Indemnity costs after allocation to small claims ? Unreasonable behaviour under 27.14(2)(g) probably describes it better although a court presumably knew what was being asked. Just for the benefit of inexperienced readers.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    Options
    I would note a word of caution, a lot of people will be reading this and thinking this is the magic bullet for claims, it most certainly is not
    Whilst no doubt a good result I personally think this iwill make little difference to the success or otherwise of claims
    As Mrs May said 2 years ago
    "nothing has changed"

Let's face it BT, yesterday adds a lot more power to the elbow and 100% better than it was on friday
  • henrik777
    henrik777 Posts: 3,052 Forumite
    Options
    a good result I personally think this iwill make little difference to the success or otherwise of claims

It probably won't matter much in Manchester (as i recall) but i'm equally sure some judicial members will take solace in such a judgment.
  • BrownTrout
    BrownTrout Posts: 2,298 Forumite
    edited 12 November 2019 at 9:43PM
    Options
    Let's face it BT, yesterday adds a lot more power to the elbow and 100% better than it was on friday

I agree its a good result, but it has no more effect then any other claim at this level.
    just a bit of prospective
    I doubt BW Legal will appeal this,but then if they it would be a different kettle of fish!
  • MistyZ
    MistyZ Posts: 1,820 Forumite
    Options
    Who'd have thought parking could be so exciting! Wish I'd been there to watch!

Wonderful work C-m! Congratulations CEC16!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,704 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 7 August 2020 at 3:03PM
    Options
    I forgot to put in my report, when DJ Grand finished reading out para 6, 10 and 14 of the Consumer Rights Act that I had taken him to, he smiled and remarked ''Well...bang on!''
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum HomeยปMotoringยปParking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    We should have invited more spectators...there were a few empty chairs at the back. Mr Mainwaring could have demanded to know who they were, too!

I forgot to put in my report, when DJ Grand finished reading out para 6, 10 and 14 of the Consumer Rights Act that I had taken him to, he smiled and remarked ''Well...bang on!''

I think you're starting to enjoy this Lay Repping stuff? :)
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,704 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 7 August 2020 at 3:03PM
    Options
    Yes. :D I couldn't stop saying ''that was fun'' afterwards. And it is!

Thought I would feel nervous but the minute I saw how bad the other side's case was, I felt so calm as I was waiting to strike with our planned 3 points based on clear statute and case law.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum HomeยปMotoringยปParking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure