🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Gap is Back - Time to Knuckle Down

Options

Comments

• girlatplay
    girlatplay Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Not much to report today.

Spent 57p yesterday on crisps :o No other spends.

LMG is going to pick up mozzarella for in the tea tonight (thought we had some but must have used it) so I'll need to give her the money for that. Will be less than £1.

My mum took a pair of joggers back for me that were too big. £5 back in my purse (slush fund).

I've been signed off work until 2nd October. I was going to go back on Monday but work have said not to go back until the Wednesday no matter how well I'm feeling since that's what my fit note says. I'm having FOMO as a couple of new people have started and I haven't met them. Best thing is that I'll be off on payday (Monday) so I can fiddle with my spreadsheet all day :)
    Mortgage at 12/07/2022 = £175,000
    Mortgage today = £166,457.86
    300 282 payments to go.
    House buyout fund £3,261.67/£40,000
    Random Pick Fridays = £80.01
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,723 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad that you are signed off.
    Enjoy having no work. ��
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • girlatplay
    Options
    I got the 3rd cc bill in for the month this afternoon so that's that paid off from the cc account. CC's are back at £0.

£7.69 extra in the cc account so £5 to the holding account (only managed £15 in there this month so it's now at £20) and £2.69 to the challenge account (I've hardly put anything in there this month).

Gave LMG £1 towards the mozzarella. I had £1 in a pot I keep with emergency bus fares in it so gave her it from that. She'll make the tea, I'll do the dishes.
    300 282 payments to go.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Good news on the CC’s.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Glad you're getting another week away from work :) give you a chance to get settled and sure you're 100% before going back. It'll do you better in the long run than if you'd gone back this week, or even on Monday. Enjoy having tea made for you, hope LMG hasn't left you too many dishes :p
  • girlatplay
    Options
    Not too many dishes as we had quite a simple tea so it wasn't that bad. Nice to have someone else doing the cooking!

Went out with my mum today. She paid for our coffees and biscuits so that was lovely. We walked for miles! Just a slow stroll so nothing too taxing.

I went to get bread from Lidl and when I was standing at the checkout I realised I didn't have my bag so had to pay 9p. Raging! Stupid idiot that I am. I hate paying for bags.

So far I've blown the cash grocery budget by just over £7. Not too bad in the grand scheme of things. Still got £40 on the Asda card but not been to blimmin' Asda.

Meeting boyfriend later for coffee. Might be able to get him to pay ;) unless he's hungry then we'll get something to eat and share the cost.

All in all, I shouldn't be too much over the budgets by Monday. Hopefully.
    300 282 payments to go.
  • girlatplay
    edited 30 September 2019 at 9:23PM
    Options
    Payday. All accounts topped up and balanced.

I was a wee bit more over the slush fund budget than planned but I've transferred the required money over to the cc account so that's now covered. I've not been able to overpay the loan or put anything away in savings this month (because I overspent). I still have the £20 from last month in the holding account. I'll leave it there this month and hopefully I can pay it to the loan next month.

I've told boyfriend that I'm really skint this month and can't afford to do anything. I'll get some money when I get LMG's digs (hopefully tomorrow) but I want to hang on to that for as long as possible. I'll have to meet a friend for a catch up one night and pay for coffees with the fam one weekend but hopefully I can get away with not too much else.

£200 back in the grocery budget again. I used £38 from the Asda card today so £2 left on that and £160 in the cash budget so £162 to last the month. We don't need toilet roll, kitchen roll, laundry liquid or cleaning products apart from rubber gloves. We've got enough food for two days' worth of planned evening meals. There are still 9 portions of soup in the freezer :rotfl: I never got around to using them in September. They will likely come in to their own this month. Already planning to use up two portions for two lunches this week. We've got other food in that we can eat for evening meals which are not planned, I can put stuff together this week.

I'm back to work on Wednesday so need to get organised.
    300 282 payments to go.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    You are doing really well...Just saying.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • girlatplay
    Options
    You are doing really well...Just saying.

Thank you. That's kind of you to say :)

When I was in hospital two weeks ago I was chatting with the woman who was in the bed diagonally opposite me. I liked her manner and her outlook on life. One of the things she said that really stuck with me was that you should get outside every day (eat healthily, look after your skin, get outside every day). I made a comment about the weather and it being easier if it was warmer here but it's now embedded in my head and I've managed every day since I got out (22nd).

On that note, I popped out this morning with my Mum. We went for a walk to the beach (it's about a 20 minute walk from my house) and had coffee in a nice beachside cafe (we didn't go on the beach, it was blimmin' freezing out and we had to defrost when we got there). I paid for the coffees and a scone that we shared. I've not got LMG's digs yet but I know she's good for them. This is my last day before work tomorrow and I wanted to make it count. We got the bus back as it was just too cold to walk. I'm now home and in the warm :)

Stopped in at Morries on the way back and picked up rubber gloves and a couple of other bits. £7 spent from the grocery budget.

Managed to add £5.72 to the challenge account which was from the rounded balance of the mortgage overpayment and £2 bank account reward (which I won't actually see in my account until tomorrow but saves me doing it tomorrow) plus 8p from my purse and 6p roadkill.

All DDs off the current account apart from internet and the one due off 7th.

All else ticking along.
    300 282 payments to go.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Sounds like you had a lovely hospital buddy.
    Well done on the walking. I can barely manage 2 mins.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport