• savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,470 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Love the competition bit - have to stack it in our favour
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £183,754 Equity 26.5%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.65K
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.25K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • girlatplay
    girlatplay Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks both :) I was worried I sounded a bit weird :rotfl:

I have the shopping list and bags with me! Remembered to take them to work. It was free fruit day at work so I've had some grapes and a banana which means I can go straight to Morries without worrying about passing out but not too full to stop me buying stuff (I'm one of those weirdos who has to go to the shops hungry or it doesn't work. Oh, I AM a weirdo haha).

Quick look at other diaries while I'm still on the bus then no internet for the rest of the day for me (too much to do).
    Mortgage at 12/07/2022 = £175,000
    Mortgage today = £166,457.86
    300 282 payments to go.
    House buyout fund £3,261.67/£40,000
    Random Pick Fridays = £80.01
  • girlatplay
    Options
    Warning: rant coming.

Is it just my teenager or do other people's teenagers not pay attention/do as they are asked/follow simple instructions? I asked her to get some stuff we needed. I asked her to check the Asda card balance before getting anything to be sure there was enough money on it. I told her if there wasn't enough money on the card to not get the stuff. She forgot to check the balance, there wasn't enough on it so she paid with her own money and now I have to pay her back £22 out of grocery cash. It's not the end of the world it's just that I'm trying so hard to keep a tight rein on the budget so I just need her to do as I ask.

That has now escalated into a massive row with her telling me I give too many instructions (it started this morning because I asked her, for the gazillionth time, to rinse the dishcloth and hang it over the basin, not leave it in a ball at the side of the sink). Now she probably won't speak to me for about three days. It's all my fault of course. I would understand if it was complicated but it's all simple, common sense stuff. Grrr.
    300 282 payments to go.
  • girlatplay
    Options
    Nothing has changed since yesterday. I feel like everyone in my life is against me at the moment.

No financial news but that's not a bad thing. NSD today.

Ooh, got Jack Monroe's latest blog recipe today which is Bruised Eaton Mess. Looks easy so I'll buy the fruit next week and give it a bash :)
    300 282 payments to go.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,475 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sorry girlatplay :(
    Hopefully your DD will have learnt something about budgeting now.
    Take care :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • girlatplay
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Sorry girlatplay :(
    Hopefully your DD will have learnt something about budgeting now.
    Take care :)

Thank you. Probably not. Maybe I was a bit harsh, it's just frustrating.

Just met my bestie for lunch. £22 from the Slush Fund (that was with 50% off food and we only had starters and desserts :eek:).

£10 spent on shampoo, shower gel, deodorant, toothpaste and dishwasher tabs for the month. I break the dishwasher tabs in half so they will last almost three months (42 in a bag) plus I still have some left from the last purchase so shouldn't need to buy them again until December at the earliest.
    300 282 payments to go.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,475 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad that you met your bestie.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • girlatplay
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Glad that you met your bestie.

Me too :)

Turns out I didn't have 5 dishwasher tablets left like I thought. I had 24 and a half! That's some miscounting there. I won't be buying dishwasher tabs again this year as I don't do more than one load a day, sometimes less, and I only use half a tab per load so it's 66.5 tabs which is 133 loads and that will take me to mid-January. £3 unnecessary spend today but they'll get used.

I'm still stuffed from lunch!
    300 282 payments to go.
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,470 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Kids are a law unto themselves and it is always the parents fault.. Don't take it to heart.

Great win on the dishwasher tablets - I never thought of halving them - although I do for the washing machine...
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £183,754 Equity 26.5%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.65K
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.25K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • girlatplay
    Options
    Kids are a law unto themselves and it is always the parents fault.. Don't take it to heart.

Great win on the dishwasher tablets - I never thought of halving them - although I do for the washing machine...

I take everything to heart. I just feel an enormous amount of guilt a lot of the time. Even when my sister and I fall out I still feel guilty, regardless of whether it's my fault if not :( She is speaking to me though as she asked me if I would chum her to look at laptops yesterday. One of my besties is an IT geek so I told her to check with L first. L says she can get one through work with a discount. Good MSE'ing :money:
    I used to use the whole tablet and one day I wondered if it would be the same with half. I've never noticed a difference. The dishes rinse better. I always rinse them well before I put them in anyway. I'm obsessed apparently (so my friends tell me :rotfl:).

Met other friends for lunch today, girls I used to work with. We don't get to catch up very often but it's always good when we do. That lunch was £10 for three courses. Much better haha.

Popped back into Savers for a couple of things I forgot yesterday but I shouldn't have to go back there this month now.

Quiet weekend ahead which is good. Usual Saturday day out with the fam tomorrow and a leisurely Sunday. Might be on the coffees tomorrow (Slush fund) but other than that I have all required groceries so no need to spend :)

Have a good weekend all :)
    300 282 payments to go.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income