What small DFW things will you do w/c 13th May?

Comments

• trailingspouse
    trailingspouse Posts: 4,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hello one and all. Hope you've managed to spend a bit of time in the sun amongst everything else.

I spent the afternoon shifting direct debits around as OH and I are separating our bank accounts. I spoke to the water suppliers, and they gasped at how low my monthly payment is (£13). Then he said 'Hang on a minute', and when he came back he said they'd looked at my consumption, and they could reduce the payment to £12!!! I know it's not a lot in the grand scheme of things - but it just makes me feel that all my scrimping and saving is making a difference. We used to pay £29!!!

And in case anyone is wondering - I still have a shower every day, and an occasional bath, I still water the plants (every other evening, as required), the dishwasher still goes on (full) pretty much every night, I do 2 - 3 full loads of washing every week. All I've really done is start to collect the water from my shower and use it to flush the loo. Crazy.

Looking forward to more money saving madness tomorrow.
    xx
    No longer a spouse, or trailing, but MSE won't allow me to change my username...
  • Pip_Boy_111
    Pip_Boy_111 Posts: 185 Forumite
    First Anniversary Savvy Shopper! PPI Party Pooper Energy Saving Champion
    I used the annual leave in the end. Much bbq -ing was done and many sausages eaten. :D

Not really DFW. But much better than a night shift :j
    Debts 14/6/2019 (LBM 5/3/2019)
    Overdraft: [STRIKE]£900[/STRIKE]/£0:T Barclaycard: [STRIKE]£3755.55[/STRIKE]/£2859.42 Loan: [STRIKE]£21620.29[/STRIKE]/£17997.19
    Total[STRIKE] £26275.84[/STRIKE] £20856.61 (REDUCED BY 20.62%)
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Good Evening everyone

DNMS - I don't quite know how I'm doing it but I am and I'm thrilled, particularly enjoying our walk after tea

Today we have:

Checked Bank & made PAD
    Pilates
    Two laps of a local reservoir which should help with the vitamin D issue and the steps - so far its Day 6 and I'm at 91,784)
    Washing & Line dried
    RM Correctly Delivered survey
    Swagbucks
    Await Mr A delivery and put away
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer
    Checked: Lucky Bob, PMP, WinaDinner
    Read

Night all!

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Evening all :)
    Stardrops fan here, too. Local shops don't sell the white vinegar, unless you want to pay for small bottles of wine vinegar in the supermarket - which I am happy to do for salads but not for cleaning :rotfl:
    Didn't get to post yesterday, mainly because I started wood-treating the mini greenhouse / growhouse thing. OH altered it so that the shelves could be taken out, so I took the opportunity to give it a new coat. Finished it this morning before it got too warm!
    Other things:
    Washed hair and left to dry naturally
    HG fruit for breakfast
    Load of washing dried on the line
    Some gardening
    Cut rocket and parsley and made pesto. Froze this batch.
    Cut oriental /mustard greens for tonight's stir fry - love having fresh greens every day atm :)
    Sold an item on ebay
    Sold a garden item via FB
    Freecycled some old garden chairs that need tlc, to make a space in the garage :)
    Nothing spent today :T
  • Hi all, been reading all posts but not much to report on the MSE front. Not being very spendy but just very busy with work this week.
    Things i have done - dried lots of washing on the line, been to self employment role today so a free lunch, ditto tomorrow, keeping spending within budget and keeping to my list, been rejected from a few SB surveys! Have done a couple of UGov ones.
    Have bought a voucher to send to niece for her birthday.

Deni x
    LBM - October 2018; finally debt free on 16 March 2021
    2023 Mortgage Free Wannabee #92023 Mortgage free in March 23 !
    Decluttering Campaign member 2023🏅🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    Decluttering Campaign Member 2024 🏅🏅
  • ditty1234
    ditty1234 Posts: 2,031 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I spent the afternoon shifting direct debits around as OH and I are separating our bank accounts. I spoke to the water suppliers, and they gasped at how low my monthly payment is (£13). Then he said 'Hang on a minute', and when he came back he said they'd looked at my consumption, and they could reduce the payment to £12!!! I know it's not a lot in the grand scheme of things - but it just makes me feel that all my scrimping and saving is making a difference. We used to pay £29!!!
    Well my water bill is just high at £37 a month, but a third is standing charges and I don't see how we can save much water. So well done to you and your dedication.

Finally Went to run club training and am very happy and just ate home made muffin :-)

Bought milk, bananas, cheese and a pizza for DS. I just had a peanut butter sandwich when I came home from training as had leftover dinner for lunch.

Now hoping for NSD until Friday.

What is stardrops? Where to buy white/cleaning vinegar, I have never been able to find it in normal supermarkets?

And a good night to y'all.
    LBM Jan 2019 - £25.928/Active debt £14253, 54% sorted
    Housing fund Jan 2024 £2000/6000 36%
    EF Jan 2024 £0/1000 0% Emergency fund is for worn out things like vacuum cleaner, dish washer, and washing machine.
  • Not a NSD as had to do a midweek shop, just essentials really, small luxury spend on hot cross buns though, just can’t resist them.

Big load of washing dried on the line today for free in the sunshine.

Checked on tomato plants and onions that have shot up in the last week after a slow start due, I think, to the slightly sub-par temperatures of the last couple of weeks.
  • trailingspouse
    trailingspouse Posts: 4,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Just dropping in quickly, as I'm running late (didn't sleep well last night, which means that when I finally dropped off I slept later than I normally would. Grr)
    ditty - I live on my own, which helps obviously - but basically I've declared war on the water that I waste (mostly all that good clean cold water that goes down the plug while you're waiting for it to get hot). I use it to flush the loo but equally you could use it for watering the garden.

Forgot to mention that yesterday I repainted the garden. Well, the garden bench and the shed. And it looks so much better! I used paint that I already had, and there was (literally) just enough left to do the slats of the bench and my (very small) shed. I was out in the garden by 8am, to get it done before the heat of the day - which meant it was all dry by coffee time, ready for me to sit and enjoy!!
    Volunteering today - need to sort out the paperwork so that I can start claiming my mileage. And I've remembered to make my lunch! Which will save me having to spend £3.80 on a takeaway soup from the tearoom!!
    Right, best get on. Hugs all round.
    No longer a spouse, or trailing, but MSE won't allow me to change my username...
  • Morning trailingspouse :D enjoy your day!

whoop have a really full day to myself today as oh has taken madam to school and mil picks her up and has her for the afternoon so I am a free woman until 7.30 :D

I managed to do all of my tasks yesterday & I dropped off the items I had repaired for someone and got £23 for my trouble :D So great being paid to do something I love!

Today:

* finish cutting. I have 1 wall left to do :D, give windowsill 1st coat of gloss :D
    * we have decided a footstall would enhance our life as our sofa is a small one due to size of lounge. Looked online with dfs (where we got the sofa) and matching stool is £159 + delivery :eek: Got up this morning and found another, perfectly adequate even if not *perfectly matching" from Ikea for £55 :T
    * do some housework
    * sewing :D I finally finished my top but the fit wasn't right and I couldn't work out what was up with it. So when I went out yesterday I nipped in to the repair shop and the tailor looked at it, pinned it and advised me what to do :money: So I want to finish that off and go to the pattern and make sure every adjustment has been transferred - I am determined to get the most out of the course I paid loads of money to be on but became ill and had to leave so I didn't get as much from it as I had hoped :( I am pretty pleased with myself for pushing on with this! :cool:
    * los for dinner for me. Oh & madam will eat at the outlaws
    * might go to the allotment. Depends how I feel
    * hang up washing on clothes horse o/s
    * sow some seeds
    * bff coming round for lunch and a catch up.
    * slice & freeze ys frenchstick purchased yesterday :money:

Ok that will do! Happy days :D
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    We dried 3 large loads of washing on the line yesterday. I'm impressed with both the weather and us being able to coordinate as it felt like we were coming and going all the time.

Today I need to make plans for next week. We are going away, either the 4 of us to one area or us and some other families to a different location. We are happy with either just wish people would make a decision.

Today:
    PAD
    PMP etc
    Home educate the children for free
    Post a sympathy card, already in stock
    Use free RMS stamp, for above
    Take my refillable water bottle out with me this evening
    Get a lift from a friend this evening
    Make bread
    Make porridge
    All meals from stores
    Keep with the meal plan
    Record all spends

1LL When I'm doing RM survey, I keep as much of the paper as I can for the children to do their lessons on. Another tiny way I reduce the cost of home educating.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business