in Debt Free Diaries
165 replies 10.6K views

Replies

• MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    14.3K Posts
    10,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weekend update:

1. D2 owners have thanked me for letting them know my circumstances!?

Hopefully they will now consider a reasonable settlement especially as I put it to them and their agent.

2. Will reject D3 counteroffer next month and decline their request for instalments at this stage; still not received confirmation it's enforceable but wanted it gone before trying for a mortgage.

3. No other post.

Positive ending for today:

1. Met up with a mate in town, saw a great (free) show at the fringe (first time I've been since moving up here) and had a wonderful catch-up.

Quickly filled her in on what has gone on since we last met. She was so pleased when I said my CCJ has been paid and my great master plan for buying a home :)

We also spent a while sitting in the sun while she filled me in on what's gone on with her life. Now I've a bit more money available from my wages we can get together a bit more often which will be good as she is my closest friend up here.

2. Moved some money from the DPA into my higher interest rate savings accounts. Will move some more in the week, I'm leaving a float of what I'm trying to settle the debts for in my DPA.

I won't be adding to the DPA, just using the float to pay down D2 and settle any decent offers from D2 and D3.

3. Added some of my wages to my savings too :D

4. Have a float at home again, used to have one in my last job but stopped when I left and took the temp role due to earning over half less than my old job.

Everything is moving in the right direction!

Debt balances stand at:

1. £0 (CCJ)
    On CRA.
    Settled in full.

2. £1867.60 (£10pm) (enforceable)
    Not on CRA due to age.
    Their counteroffer 15% off

3. £6,819.95 (£0pm) (currently unenforceable)
    Not on CRA due to age.
    Their counteroffer 25% off
  • savingholmessavingholmes Forumite
    19.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad that things are coming together for you.
    Target 1) Clear CC debt - SUCCESS 13/4/22 Target 2) Lose weight & get fit 3) Write regularly 3811342714/70000 words Book 2 4) Develop passive income streams 5) Get to £3K EF 6) Declutter 7) MFW starting at £201999 Nov 21 with 264 259 payments to go. Now £198800. 8) Mortgage neutral progress (via private pension starting value c£3643 Nov 21) extra payments £312 including tax relief
    14.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. It's glorious up here today, I'm getting myself ready for a day in the sun!

2. Checked my CRA and another PDL has dropped off :D three more to go this year, then that leave only the one due to the AP marker.

3. Moved another few quid into savings.
    14.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Midweek update:

1. Nothing further from the former DMC.

2. Nothing from the ex's creditor about the Complaint I submitted.

3. Nothing from the FOS / ICO.

4. Nothing from D2.

5. I'm rejecting D3's counteroffer next month so will get my letter prepared and buy more stamps.

1. PPI cheque arrived today and is languishing in my bank.

2. Done a trial payment from my DPA to my normal account, when that is showing I can move a healthy chunk of money from my DPA then onto my mortgage savings accounts ("MSA") :D

Still only leaving a fixed sum in the DPA, that will be used for monthly installment/offers.

3. Moved some money to my MSA, this seems to be a daily occurrence now.

I've three MSA's which pay a reasonable amount of interest each month, this will boost my savings ;)

The lower interest MSA's will be for my broker fees etc.

4. Submitted four further job applications to where I'm working.

One of my managers said my new CV and covering letter are well written and very professional. Must get her a thank you gift the weekend for helping me.

5. Have an interview for another department next week. It's a band under my current one.

6. No new interview date for the one who postponed.

7. The payrises have been announced where I'm temping and means an extra few grand on a mortgage loan, providing I can bag a job with them!

8. Had confirmation the gas contract expires, they have offered two contracts; one with an exit fee, the other without. Going for the one without the exit fee as I don't want to even think about being in this flat for another year!

Gas is £16 per month. Not bad for a 60's, ex council flat in Scotland!

Aaaaand breathe :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Busy week so far for you!

Great news about the check and the MSA money movements ;)

good luck with your continued job hunt xx
    14.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SSDD23 wrote: »
    Busy week so far for you!

Great news about the check and the MSA money movements ;)

good luck with your continued job hunt xx

It's been very busy!

Thank you, sure I will land something soon xx
  • savingholmessavingholmes Forumite
    19.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great that the cheque has come.
    Target 1) Clear CC debt - SUCCESS 13/4/22 Target 2) Lose weight & get fit 3) Write regularly 3811342714/70000 words Book 2 4) Develop passive income streams 5) Get to £3K EF 6) Declutter 7) MFW starting at £201999 Nov 21 with 264 259 payments to go. Now £198800. 8) Mortgage neutral progress (via private pension starting value c£3643 Nov 21) extra payments £312 including tax relief
    14.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not do an update day:

1. No post.

2. Going to leave D2 for another week to see if they counteroffer my new offer.

1. Appointment made with the Justice of the Peace to countersign my divorce papers.

Saving a load of money doing it here :D

2. Paid my rent today, that felt weird doing it before payday, but it's the start of the new me :)

3. PPI cheque not cleared, so that will be tomorrow.

4. Moved some of the over PPI payment over to my higher MSA's, will do more tomorrow, then the final amount the weekend.

Looking at my MSA's put a smile on my face and it will be fun to see what interest I get on them each month.

All spreadsheets updated.

I will leave a float for payment/offers of historic debts.

Haven't quite decided what to turn the DPA into when the debts are gone, but I have time to work that one out.

5. Nearly got my broker fee together, hopefully in a few months that will be sorted.

6. Lastly, I kinda feel like a fake updating my thread due to my change of circumstances, but at the same time know until my debts are gone know I should be updating it.... you're stuck with me for a bit longer!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Oh I do hope you keep posting anyway, I enjoy reading your posts :D x
    14.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SSDD23 wrote: »
    Oh I do hope you keep posting anyway, I enjoy reading your posts :D x

Awww thank you :) xx
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides