I want to break free....

in Debt Free Diaries
165 replies 10.6K views

Replies

• savingholmessavingholmes Forumite
    19.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weekend update!I'm loving seeing the positive endings getting longer than the negative openings :)

This is starting to feel more real, I will be debt free, I will get a permanent role and I will be getting my own home :D
    You sound in a much better place. Glad the PPI reclaims are being put to such good use. All the best... Thanks for visiting my diary too
    Target 1) Clear CC debt - SUCCESS 13/4/22 Target 2) Lose weight & get fit 3) Write regularly 3811342714/70000 words Book 2 4) Develop passive income streams 5) Get to £3K EF 6) Declutter 7) MFW starting at £201999 Nov 21 with 264 258 payments to go. Now £198132. 8) Mortgage neutral progress (via private pension starting value c£3643 Nov 21) extra payments £312 including tax relief
  • MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    14.3K Posts
    10,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monday update:

1. Further response submitted to the former DMC.

It really is becoming a farce, I've just had them call me to discuss my plan then realised I cancelled it. Never heard so many 'sorrys' in one conversation when the manager called me to take my complaint, I have quickly fired an email complaint off to them too :D

2. Aside from the above, no further response from the former DMC to my other complaints.

Think I've lost count as to how many have been submitted!

3. No cheque yet for the second upheld PPI. I have checked my DPA in case it was paid in directly.

4. Realised I don't have a data cable to connect my printer/scanner to my PC so I took my T letter (rejecting my anti-ML complaint) into work and scanned/emailed it to home.

5. No response from D2 and D3 to F&FS, the ball is in their court.

Positive ending for today:

1. Tweaked my CV and statement for the role I'm applying for and sent it to a manager for review/guidance before I drop everything into the application and submit it; should be getting that back tomorrow.

2. Need dye my hair ready for the interview this week, but I'm not up to it today. Rough night (thank you neighbours and IBS), but will hopefully feel perkier tomorrow.

3. CCJ not showing as settled on the solicitors website yet. The direct debit has been cancelled.

Oddly enough I feel so much calmer now the CCJ is paid off, D2 and D3 are really old and don't show on my CRA's.

4. Didn't spend any money yesterday therefore I moved a few quid to my savings, today I moved a bit more :D

It feels great being able to move money into savings and not the DPA!

5. Been looking at properties for sale, playing with mortgage calculators, working out potential take-home pay and how much can be saved each month. I've even written down potential overpayment figures to see how quickly I could clear the mortgage!

I know I can do this, let's only hope there are no criteria changes or sub-prime lenders pull out.

I am tempted to contact my broker, let him know what I'm doing etc, but I think it will be a nice surprise for him when it's all done :) at least then I will know whether I'm in a permanent / fixed term role or temping still.

That's all for today, I need a bit of rest :)
  • Kitten868Kitten868 Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Well done you. It all sounds so positive! You're totally in charge of your debts and a total turn around from when you were under the dca. Keep it up xxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
    19.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All sounds good. Keep it up. Well done on sweeping money to savings
    Target 1) Clear CC debt - SUCCESS 13/4/22 Target 2) Lose weight & get fit 3) Write regularly 3811342714/70000 words Book 2 4) Develop passive income streams 5) Get to £3K EF 6) Declutter 7) MFW starting at £201999 Nov 21 with 264 258 payments to go. Now £198132. 8) Mortgage neutral progress (via private pension starting value c£3643 Nov 21) extra payments £312 including tax relief
    14.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tuesday update:

1. D2 rejected my offer, their counteroffer is £300 less than the outstanding balance!

Letter to D2, with further counteroffer and setting out my full circumstances ie no job soon, disabled, limited working capabilities etc.

2. No response from D3.

3. No further response from the former DMC.

4. No response from the complaint I submitted to one of my ex's creditors.

5. CCJ payment has gone through and showing zero balance.

Feeling quite crushed about D2, kinda hoped they would have come back with a better counteroffer. Feels like I won't have any of the PPI refund towards my deposit :(

1. Submitted the application at work. Will find out next month if I have an interview.
    14.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tuesday update part 2

1. Fired off the letter to D2 via email, copied in their client :D

I'm not looking for a huge discount, just an extra few hundred less than what they said. This is a very old CC with late fees / missed payments and interest.

2. Fired my complaints off to the FSO and ICO while my PC was on. All my energy / frustration was transferred into my complaints about the anti-ML search.

It will be interesting to see the FSO and ICO's take on it.

I'm not after money, I just want to know why they (bank) think they are entitled to do a search on someone who isn't a current customer and remove it. Which I think is reasonable in the circumstances.

3. Must dye my hair tomorrow ready for the interview Thursday!

I have been going on my role, previous roles and the admin side of all of them in preparation.

Positive ending for today part 2:

1. Got upset after posting my other update as I could just see all the PPI money slipping between my fingers :( however I'm back and ready to fight another day!

I don't want to have these last two debts hanging around when trying for a mortgage as it will reduce the amount I am potentially able to borrow, reduced borrowing would mean I'm looking back over the water where it's cheaper to buy. Cheaper to buy, could get a house, but longer commute to wherever I'm working. Really got to nail these offers and get the debts gone.

2. Moved a couple of quid to my mortgage deposit and associated costs accounts :)

3. Pre-advice payslip is actually correct!

4. Tempted to start cashing in my holiday pay from the agency so I don't need to try and claim it if I get a permanent role or a lower paid assignment.

Let's see what the rest of this week brings!
    14.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to keep it flowing....

1. No response from the former DMC.

Think we are both getting fed up with eachother now :D

2. No response from D3 to my offer.

3. No PPI cheque yet.

4. Tomorrow's interview was cancelled due to interviewer illness, not sure when it will be rescheduled for.

1. Finally got round to doing my hair :D

Must buy some more hair dye the weekend.

2. Had the electric year end statement turn up today, apparently if the pre-payment meter is swapped to a normal one there are savings of a whole £2.41 over the next year. Nah, it's ok, stick with the pre-payment thank you very much as hopefully I won't be in this hellhole for another year :D

The good thing was I got to work out how much electric this flat is costing (usual electrical stuff, two PCs, hob, oven and a shower), under £40 a month. I think that's reasonable! Gas is £16pm for heating and hot water.

3. Been looking at properties again, working out mortgage deposit, different in potential mortgage loan and the cost of trying to stay over this side. Realistically I'm looking at finding another £10 -20k over what I currently have, and will have, when the second PPI payment comes. A lot depends on permanent job wages when I get one.

Yes, I can move further away over this side, but the areas are not as nice, no beach and it also moves me even further away from my friends.

Will try and suss out how to get the required money together!

4. Moved a bit more money into savings.

Debt balances stand at:

1. £0 (CCJ)
    On CRA.
    Settled in full.

2. £1867.60 (£10pm) (enforceable)
    Not on CRA due to age.
    Their counteroffer £1567.60

3. £6,819.95 (£0pm) (currently unenforceable)
    Not on CRA due to age.
    19.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep pressing on. Hold onto the good - the ppi reclaim - celebrate that. Hopefully over time other things will fall into place.
    14.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thursday update

1. No second PPI payment.

2. No response from the former DMC.

3. No response from the FSO / ICO.

4. Response received from D3, offering 30% off.

Considering their offer, but reluctant to part with that much on a currently unenforceable debt.

5. No response from my ex's creditor to the complaint.

1. I'm seeking guidance from my mortgage broker as to the best way forward with my debts / getting a mortgage :)

Debt balances stand at:

1. £0 (CCJ)
    On CRA.
    Settled in full.

2. £1867.60 (£10pm) (enforceable)
    Not on CRA due to age.
    Their counteroffer £1567.60

3. £6,819.95 (£0pm) (currently unenforceable)
    Not on CRA due to age.
    Their counteroffer £4773.96
    14.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Friday update!

1. No post :D

1. I've updated my CV again, just need to draft the covering letter for the other role I'm applying for.

2. Went to a jewellery shop with my other half as my engagement ring had all the stones falling out, 16 have dropped out in less than a year, my previous one the amber stones dropped out, and I wanted something smarter, but less likely to fail on me.

OMG, my face lit up when I saw it, rose and white gold, lovely jewel and hopefully this one will last.

We have spoke about marriage, but until my credit history is tidy I won't bring his down by being tied to me in name.

I will admit I have purchased my wedding shoes as they were gorgeous, kitten heel and slightly off-white. I couldn't stop myself, picked them up months ago in Debenhams for £1 (I've never told anyone until now that I have them!). I've no plans to buy my dress as I still want to drop a few more dress sizes ;)

3. Following my chat with my broker yesterday I'm sticking with instalments for my debts, keeping my PPI money (unless I get a good enough settlement offer), saving as much as I can, then when I land a permanent role go for a mortgage!

Have a great weekend!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides