165 replies 10.6K views

Replies

• MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    13.4K Posts
    10,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Second Friday update!

Yes, I am in a daze again.

1. Decided to call L about the PPI complaints, what a long queue, feel for the staff.

a) Loan PPI will be transferred to my account, should be within the next few days.

b) asked about the CC PPI complaint as I haven't heard anything further. Was advised that was upheld too! A cheque will be sent to me and the letter confirming the breakdown should be with me any day.

I did cheekily ask if he could confirm the amount and he also confirmed it was after the £500-odd pound tax deduction :D

Eagerly waiting for the letter to see if that's being offset against against D2, with the remainder sent to me.

Positive ending for the day, part two:

1. I will be debt free very soon. Just waiting for the money to hit my account then I'm sending F&F letters.

2. I've probably got my mortgage deposit with the remaining PPI money and my savings, subject to F&FS.

3. The beer is in the fridge :D
  • edited 19 August 2019 at 6:45PM
    MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    13.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 19 August 2019 at 6:45PM
    Soggy Sunday update.

1. My brother has finally applied for the bank account, hopefully he will be accepted and we will both be £100 better off!

2. Didn't get the CC PPI letter yesterday so I'm unable to check if it's being offset or all being paid to me.

3. Mentally working out my F&F offers ,and letter content, to D2 and D3. Will get the typed up this week ready to go when money hits my DPA.

4. I'm settling the CCJ in full as it's on my CRA still, but drops off in 2021; 17 months to go!

5. No further response from D3 or the former DMC.

Positive ending for today:

1. Went for a little drive today, just to get out for a bit. It's too wet/raining for me to walk around as the weather affects my health.

2. Been having a look at the properties for sale online.

I am smitten with tenaments, high ceilings, big windows, but the kitchens are so small and would need a wall taking down/moving/put up to make it a viable space.

But at the same time I would love a bungalow with a garden to potter around, even on my really bad days I could sit in the garden. Just got to see what's around when I am in a position to buy.

3. Been mentally working out my email to my broker when my debts are gone.

4. Once my debts are gone I will know how much wiggle room I have with my mortgage deposit and associated costs. Yes, I am already looking at my savings accounts and working out which is best for what part of the process :)

5. Should find out this week how much longer I have on this assignment.

6. Got a few bills coming out my normal account this week, when they are paid I can shift some more across to the DPA.

Debt balances stand at:

1. £697.96 (£70pm) (CCJ)
    2. £1877.60 (£10pm) (enforceable)
    3. £6,819.95 (£0pm) (currently unenforceable)

Money towards debts/monthly installments stands at:

£553.63
    13.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it's debt payments week and once again my diary will get tweaked!

1. No letter from L regarding the CC PPI, will follow it up in a few days if it's still not received and will ask them to pay by bank transfer if they haven't raised the cheque.

2. Nothing further from the former DMC.

3. Nothing further from D3.

1. Money for loan PPI complaint received.

I thought it would feel more real when I had it but I'm actually feeling sick, guess it's strange having money after all these years!

2. D2 have taken their instalment, so that balance has gone down a smidge.

3. CCJ instalment is tomorrow, once that is showing on their system I can then make the final payment and get that gone.

4. Will do my F&F letter to D3 when I get home.

Debt balances stand at:

1. £697.96 (£70pm) (CCJ)
    2. £1867.60 (£10pm) (enforceable)
    13.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Midweek update:

1. Got a strange pre-advice payslip, I'm due to receive less than 4 hours pay and the agency cannot explain why until my proper payslip is generated on Friday.

I'm hoping it's a random tax refund and my week's wages will go on today/tomorrow, if it doesn't I will not be happy!

2. Prepared my F&F letter to D3, going in with a cheeky offer of just under 12%. It's being posted tomorrow.

3. I have about 6 weeks left on this assignment. Frantically looking for a new role and may need to revert to my old career for a bit :(

1. My tax code is now back to normal, guess the PPI tax deduction is to thank for clearing the small amount of underpaid tax.

2. Got my CC PPI letter today, no mention of offset as they sold the debt on.

3. Must prepare my F&F letter to D2, again it's going to be a cheeky one!

I know how much I am willing to settle D2 and D3 for, just got to hope they think along the same lines with their counteroffers ;)

4. My CCJ instalment came out today. When that shows on the solicitors record I will be calling them to pay off the remainder and requesting confirmation it's settled in full, I can apply to the court to have my CCJ marked as settled on the register.

That will look so much better on my CRA reports :)

5. Not many PDL's / defaults showing on my CRA's as they are dropping off monthly now. I can put that whole thing behind me!

Debt balances stand at:

1. £627.96 (£70pm) (CCJ)
    13.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was Friday as I was planning what to write!

1. Had a text from the former DMC today, asking me to return to them and offering a voucher!

Copied the text and dropped it into yet another complaint email to them!

2. Came home to a letter from the tax man, thanks to my useless former employer I've a bill to settle via my wages each week.

3. F&F letters to D2 and D3 are being posted today; decided on just under 19% to D3. Will let you know what I get to settle them for :)

1. A really good role has popped up where I'm temping, one of the managers is going to help me with my application :D

2. I ordered a printer/ scanner and spare ink ready for uni, unfortunately their system crashed last week and after getting messed around with their call centre I took my complaint to social media yesterday, it's all sorted and my order arrives this evening :)

3. Rung up the solicitors who have my CCJ, put a case forward but they wouldn't agree to judgment being set aside, at my cost, I knew it would be a longshot. Anyhow, that's all settled and I'm waiting confirmation of it, as well as confirmation the court have marked it as satisfied :D

Only two more debts to go and I'm on the home stretch!

Debt balances stand at:

1. £0 (CCJ)
    13.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    End of week update!

1. I've remembered what I meant to do all week. Finish my FSO / ICO letters! However, I will be getting them finished and emailed over to them this weekend :)

2. Email received from the former DMC, they have added my complaint to the other one and allegedly removed my details......

3. No further response from D3 re: CCA request.

4. The payment to the CCJ is showing as pending, should be cleared Monday. I'm getting email confirmation when it's settled.

5. No cheque for the CC PPI yet.

1. My order arrived last night and got set up. It's good to have a printer/scanner at home and will make it so much easier instead of having to do everything at work.

2. My pay was sorted out, honestly don't know what goes through the agency's head at times.

3. Got offered an interview for another department at work, it's closer to home, good opportunity but a band below what I'm currently doing. Overall there isn't that much difference with the salary, great benefits/pension, it's full-time and a permanent role.

My fingers and toes are crossed for a successful interview next week!

It will be my third interview with this company, one day I may say how many applications have been submitted!

4. Preparing my application for the site I am currently working this weekend, then batting it over to a manager for review on Monday before hitting the submission button :D

5. Felt so strange today getting paid and not dropping money into my DPA, but distributing it into my mortgage deposit savings.

Basically the money I have in my DPA is the absolute maximum I want to part with to clear D2 and D3. Whatever is leftover will then go towards my mortgage deposit and associated costs.

6. My brother has managed to open the account! We are both waiting for out £100 :)

I now feel completely in control of my life, empowered I guess.

Having chippy night later, will watch some comedy and have a few beers.

I may even finally get round to doing my hair and covering all the grey again, I have to colour it a few times a month because it grows quickly.

Enjoy your Friday!

Debt balances stand at:

1. £0 (CCJ)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    MoneySaving Newbie

I now feel completely in control of my life, empowered I guess.

Absolutely wonderful to hear, MF xx
  • savingholmessavingholmes Forumite
    17.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news re ppi reclaims. Great to see CCJ settled too and house deposit fund increasing.
    Target 1) Clear CC debt - £1644 to go (but debt neutral) @ 0% Target 2) Lose weight & get fit 3) Write regularly 38113/70000 words Book 2 4) Develop passive income streams 5) Get to £3K EF 6) Declutter 7) MFW starting at £201999 Nov 21 with 264 262 payments to go. Now £200720. 8) Mortgage neutral progress (via private pension starting value c£3643 Nov 21) extra payments £187 including tax relief
    13.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news re ppi reclaims. Great to see CCJ settled too and house deposit fund increasing.

It felt so good to finally pay it off X

In theory, when the other PPI payment comes I will have my deposit :o anything left from the first payment covers mortgage /broker fees. The payment I'm waiting for is a few hundred less than my mortgage deposit I've saved since I moved up here. I'm hoping to save up another 5k on top of that to open up the properties I can go after :j hoping to land my forever home straight off :)
    13.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weekend update!

1. No PPI cheque.

2. Nothing from the former DMC.

3. No response to my F&F offers.

4. CCJ payment is still showing as pending, that should be showing as settled the start of next week.

5. I'm doing my FSO / ICO letters tomorrow. I can scan T's response to my PC and email everything over to them.

1. Had an early start today and went to view another area, to say it was gorgeous is an understatement! I knew it was in the running as I've driven through it before, but today it was an actual stop, visit, look around, get a feel for it and take photos.

Think of a river, opening into open water, with mountain views and OMG it was perfect!

I've done the maths, based on two potential salaries depending on what role I end up with, and it's doable! It's comfortable if I can get a role paying the full-time banding I'm on now (£22k+) it's possible if I get a role for the banding below mine (just under £20k).

I am best off finding another £10k on top of my current mortgage savings and the second PPI refund when it comes, which does sound eye-watering, but it will just be a case of tightening my belt.

a. As I'm not putting any money into my DPA account now I'm instantly having £113 pm to go into my higher interest paying accounts, so that is what I'm going to do!

b. I've also knocked chippy night / take away on the head so that's £50 pm.

c. I have enough clothes / shoes etc so am not spending there and will not buy anything unless I wear it out.

d. Uni is paid for by way of a grant, I have everything I need to get me through uni (books / materials are provided by OU).

e. That just leaves food / treats / beer. So, my decision is to forget the weekly coffee treat, buy everything possible as own brand and stick to fruit, no buying biscuits, and not to buy anymore beer as I've a few bottles of gin in the flat. Looking at saving £100 pm that way.

f. Keep saving up my loyalty points as that should give me about £150 come December.

g. I've not included the referral bonus due to my brother opening his account. I've not accounted for any payment from the former DMC, nor have I included birthday / Christmas present money I get from family, lastly any leftover from the first PPI payment is an unknown at this stage and that is not included in my calculations. Ooh, I've also got a nice sum of holiday pay accrued with the agency, so if I don't need that to tide me over between ending temping and starting a permanent position I will put that into my savings too!

Potentially I'm looking at 12 months of hard savings, but once my debts are gone and I know how much of the first PPI refund I have left, together with a chat with my mortgage broker, I will have a better idea of figures. At the moment I'm basing it on the mortgage calculators and best guesses.

2. Application for the other role is being done tomorrow.

3. I will be moving my spreadsheets around tomorrow, updating the accounts and earmarking them as deposit, DIY costs, broker, mortgage arrangement and moving costs. The deposit will be split between a few accounts with higher interest.

When I speak with my broker again, I will ask if his fee will change. Originally I was chasing a mortgage with a DMP running.

I'm loving seeing the positive endings getting longer than the negative openings :)

This is starting to feel more real, I will be debt free, I will get a permanent role and I will be getting my own home :D
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Covid pass scam robbed grandfather of £25k

He got his money back after MSE intervened

MSE News

20,000 FREE Ideal Home Show tickets

For London, Fri 11 Mar to Sun 27 Mar

MSE Deals