14.3K Posts
    10,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get it off my chest update:

1. No post.

2. D2 instalment is this week.

Update ending:

1. Pennies moved to MSA's.

2. Got my uni start date mixed up, it's next week!

3. Divorce starts next week.

4. Had my interview at work, the panel were thrown off interviewing someone already working for the business.

One of the panel were very 'spikey' when I explained how I would juggle my day to get urgent projects done. I was met with 'you wish' when I finished speaking; I resisted biting back and explaining what I did in a previous role as I didn't think that would reflect well on me for rising to her. I have always found her to think she's bigger than she is.

The main manager (80% of my working time) seemed to like my answers, the other manager (20%) I'm not sure, possibly on the fence.

Did the PC test after and know I screwed that up as I've barely used the package in 20 years! I was laughing and joking with the guy who was making sure no cheating was going on. Then afterwards having a good chat with him, we got on well and have similar ideas about work; I'm hoping he may have the opportunity of giving feedback.

Will find out in a few days, but I'm not holding my breath.

5. I won't be applying for the role I'm moving to as it pays a quarter less than I'm already on.

6. Will have a look what other roles are available for me to apply for :)

Let's see what the rest of the week brings!
  • savingholmessavingholmes Forumite
    19.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best of luck with the interview process. Nice to have some new clothes for interviews too.
    Target 1) Clear CC debt - SUCCESS 13/4/22 Target 2) Lose weight & get fit 3) Write regularly 3811342714/70000 words Book 2 4) Develop passive income streams 5) Get to £3K EF 6) Declutter 7) MFW starting at £201999 Nov 21 with 264 258 payments to go. Now £198132. 8) Mortgage neutral progress (via private pension starting value c£3643 Nov 21) extra payments £312 including tax relief
  • MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    14.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best of luck with the interview process. Nice to have some new clothes for interviews too.

Thank you. I looked great and felt good in my snazzy outfit!

Still determined to land a role with them, one day it will happen then I can progress with my plans x
    14.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    End of week update:

1. Got rejected for the job I was interviewed for, had the standard rejection rather than from one of the panel.

The manager I asked to be a reference didn't even bother reading my email, I recalled it today.

2. It was announced in a meeting I was minuting for this week when the person I'm covering is returning; I have two weeks left.

I've chased up the manager about the role I'm supposed to be moving to, doubt I will get a response; sent a holding email to the new department so they don't think I've dropped off the face of the earth!

3. No post.

Positive ending for today:

1. I've looked at the advert for the role I'm supposed to be moving into, it is a proper admin role, not a PA role under the admin banner. Looks very interesting and is in one of the department's that I'm interested in. I'm toying with the idea of applying for it, even though it's more hours than I'm doing now, but would be a few £k over what I'm getting, with the benefit of holidays etc; I need to see if it's the good pension (% of pay) or the usual type of pension.

I know it's only a fixed term contract, but the experience would benefit me for the better roles long-term.

I've also dug the calculator out again to see if it's viable eg get the job and keep adding to my MSA's and I could put away a few hundred still each month and have quite a tidy deposit at the end of it.

2. I've only one application outstanding where I'm temping and the closing date is next week.

I am starting to lose what little confidence I had managed to build back up; my confidence was shattered in my last job.

3. I've sent my CV off to agencies I'm registered with and asked them to keep me in mind for permanent work.

4. I have looked into properties further out and lower priced. Some potential areas have popped up and I've printed maps off.

Getting tired of people telling me to stop putting myself under so much pressure to buy somewhere, they do not understand how horrid it is where I am; it's been hard moving out of the married home, back into rental, trying to establish a new career, make friends, have debt etc. Yes I could move to another rental to try and get away from what's getting me down, but it costs money and then I have the issue of the satisfied CCJ and no guarantor.

5. D2 instalment came out today, it's good to see that reduce a bit.

6. Now I have an end date for this role I think it's time to resubmit offers to D2 and D3.

7. Start my divorce next week, got the appointment on Tuesday. My DPA will go down by the fee amount as I did leave the money in the account to cover it. Must remember to write my divorce form and find my cheque book this weekend!

8. Uni also starts next week.

9. Money moved to MSA's.

Debt balances stand at:

1. £0 (CCJ)
    On CRA.
    Settled in full.

2. £1857.60 (£10pm) (enforceable)
    Not on CRA due to age.
    Their counteroffer 15% off

3. £6,819.95 (£0pm) (currently unenforceable)
    Not on CRA due to age.
    Their counteroffer 25% off

DPA float £3,620
  • savingholmessavingholmes Forumite
    19.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope that the start of uni goes well. I have had situations where I was job hunting for an extended period and know how it can grind you down. You have to build a clear picture of what you want from your next job and what you have to offer - once you believe it - it is easier to get others to join in.
    Target 1) Clear CC debt - SUCCESS 13/4/22 Target 2) Lose weight & get fit 3) Write regularly 3811342714/70000 words Book 2 4) Develop passive income streams 5) Get to £3K EF 6) Declutter 7) MFW starting at £201999 Nov 21 with 264 258 payments to go. Now £198132. 8) Mortgage neutral progress (via private pension starting value c£3643 Nov 21) extra payments £312 including tax relief
    14.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monday update:

1. No post.

Ending for today:

1. Some confusion at work over me moving to the other temp job, but it is still on.

I have submitted the application for the FTC version of the new temp job, but doubt I will get it due to the trouble arising from the confusion. I've also submitted another three applications on top of this one to them.

My actual manager has said I can undertake additional training, will go through mock interviews with me and tell me where I'm going wrong; I know where I'm going wrong I haven't got the experience they want due to having a high powered career before I moved up here! There's only so many transferrable skills I have, the rest I need exposure to within this environment.

2. Have started looking at external companies for a permanent position. Also, reluctantly looking into jobs in my former career.

Will see where I end up as to how I can progress with the degree.

3. Start my degree tomorrow.

Kinda feels bitter sweet at the moment.

4. Divorce starts tomorrow, I've filled in the form, found my cheque book and have my bag ready to go.

Hopefully the rest of the week will get better, but I'm not full of beans, everything I've tried to work towards is out of reach and my confidence is taking one hell of a battering.
    14.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 'what day is it today' update:

1. No post.

2. No bank referral fee bonus yet, hopefully that will come soon.

3. Car tax is due this month :)

1. Popped into town after work to see the Justice of the Peace and hand my divorce form over to the Sheriff Court. The court will call me when they want payment.

Could be divorced in about six weeks! Depending on their workloads. Guess when I pay it's a done deal.

It does feel strange, but then again it did having to call time on the marriage after being with my ex for half my life.

But, I moved on, relocated, started over, getting out of debt, have savings and big plans ahead of me :D

2. Fired four more applications off yesterday where I'm temping. Also femail my CV to a few more agencies I registered with after moving.

I'm determined as ever to get a good role, with a work/life balance and one where I have a health/life balance.

3. Uni has started, kinda, it's giving me access to some stuff but I was hoping the 'books' would be online so I could start printing everything off.

4. Started to plan my move over to the other short-term temp role, was hoping I would get exposure to the actual role in case I did land an interview, but that doesn't seem like it will happen.

5. Think I've said I have drawn up a to do list for my life?

It currently stands at 16 things long, but 6 have got info by them, most of the remainder are to do with purchasing a home.

There are a few more bits I can tick off whilst I'm waiting :)

a. technically I can tick off the 'raise deposit' one,
    b. I will have to ask my mates if they know any surveyors or structural engineers,
    c. I can update the broker form, then just tweak it when I land a job
    d. I'm not getting solicitors quotes until I know where I'm working, if I can stay where I am they have several firms who do discounts for the staff; at least one of the firm's will be on mortgage companies panel.

Debt balances stand at:

1. £0 (CCJ)
    On CRA.
    Settled in full.

Not on CRA due to age.

Not on CRA due to age.

DPA float £3,620
    14.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thursday update:

1. No post.

2. Will work out a letter to D3 with counteroffer, will also chase up D2 and see what they both come back with. That's my weekend organised.

3. Got three weeks left in this role :(

1. Referral fee received. Yippee, now if only I knew four other people looking for new accounts!

2. Car tax paid :D

3. Money moved to MSA's.

4. Started looking around the information for my degree, don't know who my tutor will be, nor when my tutorial dates are. It will all fall into place when it gets underway.

5. Still doing my surveys and saving all my loyalty points. Will live like a queen in December!

Steak, rice and salad for tea tonight, yes I do live the high life :D
    14.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Friday update:

1. No post.

2. Drafting letters to D2 and D3 tomorrow. Just want the debts gone so I know I have a complete new start when I get a mortgage.

1. Money moved to MSA's. Got over £70 to last me to next month, will look to transfer a bit more money over when my bills have come out this month.

2. Been looking at areas again and properties, must admit I have seen some unusual properties over the water. There's currently four of these type houses for sale and they vary from 2 or 3 bed 2 floors to 3 or 4 bed with 3 floors, reasonable sized rooms, great sized kitchen, good layout, nice size garden for herbs and veggies, all well within my budget:
    i. a couple need updating - 80's decor / kitchen very tempting as it would be completely personalised to me,
    ii. a couple have been updated - lick of paint and remove those wall transfers that seem to be in a lot of updated properties,
    iii. Will look at installing a wet room to future proof my home,
    All are move-in able and liveable. Mortgage difference is £120 pm between the cheapest and most expensive, based on recent sold prices.

Tomorrow I'm back over the water for a proper look at that area :D can get so much bigger for my money.

Still commutable for the site's I'm applying to, current site I would drive to as there is free on-site parking, other sites I would catch the bus and rest both ways whilst listening to my Uni audio books.

3. Think I've made up my mind how much deposit I want to put down on a home; looking at 10%.

4. Various closing dates for the applications are occuring, who knows what will come of it. Someone will end up offering me a role.

Debt balances stand at:

1. £0 (CCJ)
    On CRA.
    Settled in full.

Not on CRA due to age.

Not on CRA due to age.

DPA float £3,620

Just finished a lovely Thai red curry and rice, beer is in the fridge and the sun is still shining.
    14.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weekend update:

1. Nothing from D2 / D3, FSO / ICO or the former DMC.

2. My sub-prime CC are increasing the interest rate on my card, very cheeky of them, it's paid off in full each statement month. I will look to dump this one once I move and stick with the one from my own bank.

1. I have spent most of today over the water and looking at one area, it is where I really like the look of the houses and I mentioned them a few posts ago.

OMG, they looked great online but to see them in the flesh was phenomenal! They are not your typical straight house, more L shaped, so a little more private from the neighbours when in the garden. Some have a raised decking type thing (picture a roof terrace but made out of wood) leading off the middle floor. Quiet Cul-de-sac roads, plenty of greenery and leafy too.

Had a walk round several different ones so I could assess the size of the back garden, they would vary depending on which road they were on. All the roads I looked at were clean, tidy and nicely looked after, no stuff dumped, no piles of rubbish in gardens etc.

I got to see 2 and 3 level houses, ideally I would like the 3 level house as I would use the top floor as a library. I have already planned what room would be used as what :D Both styles have a bedroom on the ground floor, so if I am struggling to walk upstairs I could stay downstairs, two beds on the middle/top floor and one bed on the top floor in the three level house.

There were also bungalow's, but I've not knowingly seen them for sale, will check online later :)

My OH is encouraging me to arrange viewings but I don't want to until I've landed a job as I know I will like the interiors. I am trying to find a home report on them, but have drawn a blank so far.

It's made me even more determined to land a permanent job!

2. After this we then headed out a little bit for lunch by a Loch, can you believe I have never actually visited one since moving!

Saw a nice area by the Loch but it means buying a one bed flat, which isn't really what I want to do.

3. I also took the opportunity of eying up potential land for the 'good life' experience, again this was close to the houses I viewed today. Could have chickens, pigs, veg, fruit etc and be self-sufficient and working for money; that's something for long-term planning as I have volunteered my OH for that side!

4. My plan is land job, buy home, do home to how I want it, clear debts.

Long-term plan is clean up credit history as I won't drag my OH's down by being tied to me, get married, introduce OH to home, buy land, delegate the 'farm' to OH, share the produce and have a few kittens together :D

(Sorry, it seems odd at my age referring to him as my boyfriend)

Having chicken and chips for tea tonight :)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides