edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
984 replies 42.2K views

Replies

• bubbsbubbs Forumite
    62K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    maman wrote: »
    Just busy here bubbs, no other excuses. :)

I was cross with myself last night. Between appointments and knowing I wouldn't get home until after 10 p.m., I popped into Sainsbury's and bought one of their take away salads. I thought pasta, bacon and chicken with leaves and other salady bits and a blob of mayo would be safe enough. But no.:( 14 syns!!:eek: So that's a lesson learned. I so should have checked on my phone.:( I won't be doing that again.

The line is drawn and today's going to be syn free.:D

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, fried eggs, HEB toast, HEA1 milk for drinks
    L: JP with cottage cheese, spring onion, beetroot, cornichons then strawberries with 0% yogurt.
    D: Austrian ham hash with cauli and broccoli topped with HEA2 of cheese
    Syns: None

14 syns:eek::eek::eek: thats ludicrous :(
    Today my plan is
    B 3 boiled eggs , watermelon
    L 3 LM sausage (free) ww wrap(hexb) tomatoes and cucumber,few strawberries
    T chicken and ham salad, 2 loaded potato skins
    Fruit and yog later
    hexa Milk
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D
    ::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • VegastareVegastare Forumite
    470 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Well I honestly have no idea how I did this....put it down to hub being off work last week and gardening I had to endure!

3 lb loss

Enjoyed group today - some really decent folk.

B bran berries and grated apple with yogurt
    L 3 slices boiled ham 1 hard boiled egg, beetroot and tom
    D chicken breast in bacon, new pots asparagus and mushrooms, toms

HEA HEB Hi Life bar
  • bubbsbubbs Forumite
    62K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Vegastare wrote: »
    Well I honestly have no idea how I did this....put it down to hub being off work last week and gardening I had to endure!

3 lb loss

Enjoyed group today - some really decent folk.

B bran berries and grated apple with yogurt
    L 3 slices boiled ham 1 hard boiled egg, beetroot and tom
    D chicken breast in bacon, new pots asparagus and mushrooms, toms

HEA HEB Hi Life bar
    Well done:T:T:T
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j
  • bubbsbubbs Forumite
    62K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    fb-028.jpg
    Tea
  • mamanmaman Forumite
    22.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's brilliant vegastare :T Obviously with your husband nagging on for food all last week you stuck to plan? Well done you. :)

That ham looks lovely bubbs ? Did you cook it yourself? DH just called to say he'll be late and I'm starving. ;)
  • bubbsbubbs Forumite
    62K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    maman wrote: »
    That's brilliant vegastare :T Obviously with your husband nagging on for food all last week you stuck to plan? Well done you. :)

That ham looks lovely bubbs ? Did you cook it yourself? DH just called to say he'll be late and I'm starving. ;)

Yes i did Maman, was a glitchy one from Morrisons, £1 gammon joint:money::money::money:
  • sarymclarysarymclary Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Evening all,
    Very quick post to say hello now I’m back from funeral and back on plan. Tried hard to stay within plan but meals out really do impact when choices were poor.

Plan today:
    B - banana & nectarine
    L - mixed salad (lettuce, cucumber, carrot, peppers) ham & dressing(2); 0% yogurt with mango & passion fruit
    Snack - apple
    D - chicken strips with salad (chicken in breadcrumbs so alllowing 11 syns) - yet again having to eat out
    Hea- milk in tea
    Heb - ryvita with lunch
    One day the clocks will stop, and time won't mean a thing

Be nice to your children, they'll choose your care home
  • FrankieMFrankieM Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still trying to recover rom jet lag...so tired...

We nt to bed early last night, which always helps with the eating :)

Food for today:

B: eggs, fat free plain yog, frozen mixed berries, 2 x hi-fi bars
    L: Chicken & veg dhal
    T: Cowboy stew but with chicken. (Not sure I'll make this again)

HEAs will be milk for hot drinks and I've got the last of the fruit and vanilla yog to eat in the fridge at work.
  • sarymclarysarymclary Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've found a cure for my over-eating.... been to the dentist and he's numbed my face so much I cannot use my mouth!

Regretting not eating before I went now, and feeling a bit wobbly, so going to attempt a portion of porridge, but think I will need a bib. It's about to get very messy!!
    One day the clocks will stop, and time won't mean a thing

Be nice to your children, they'll choose your care home
  • GettingtherequicklyGettingtherequickly Forumite
    4.4K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scary day today, WI later! Had a bad Sunday, but been 100% on plan since, even chanced 2 SP days, even though they don't usually work for me.

However, this week I have thought about things in general which may be impacting on my journey:

1: My age - menopausal so body having alot to deal with, so slower loss than I would like.

2: Have had no bread whatsoever this week, hoping this will assist in bloated feeling.

3: Sleep - this must be having an impact. Since Sunday, I have slept quite well, prior to that I was only getting a sporadic few hours for weeks. When you consider that by 06:30 Saturday, I had stripped bed, cleaned bathroom, fed my Christmas cakes, done the ironing, cleared out some drawers in the bedroom, it is indicative of me not getting enough sleep.

4: While the loss may not be showing on the scales, my body shape has changed for the better.

5: I have changed my dinner plates to smaller ones, so I am now eating that and if still hungry can have more, as against filling a bigger plate and eating it all rather than bin leftovers.

PMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support