PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 6th May 2019

Options

Comments

• pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,023 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Nicki.. hi, welcome home.. my DS3 is now DD3 so no one has any idea what or who I am on about! She is waiting to see the consultant for gender reassignment, we have had the pre-consult interviews/interrogations and looking at 3 years before any hormonal options are discussed.. but first the diabetes has to be better controlled.. starting with new insulins as of Monday when the prescription is in..

Jojo.. It doesn't sound like this relationship is very good for either of you at the moment, I truly hope things improve, you both deserve happiness and you're both clearly struggling. xxx sending love xxx

TY for Fred.

My life is nuts.. I'm not even going there..

I'm not even sure I've done any flying for a million years.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,023 Forumite
    Options
    Got a bit upset earlier, a school mum asked if I was getting DS assessed for ADHD. Yes he's a loud, energetic, attention seeking little boy but he's only 5, surely his behaviour is not uncommon at that age? Her comment was out of the blue and floored me to be honest. School have never mentioned anything other than he can misbehave at times. Any thoughts from anyone welcome. X

My thoughts.. why did you not give her an ear bashing? My 7 year old is an absolute nutjob.. ADHD.. yes probably.. but it is sweet fa to do with anyone outside of those who care for her.. I give you permission to tell people to fluff off.. you are within your rights to go tell her her nasty words upset you and she has no right casting judgement on a spirited little boy and you would thank her to keep her opinions to herself unless asked for. .. Then punch her in the face... in your head..

Wonder why no one at school speaks to me!!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sorry been MIA again. Crazy day today, but gradually sorting things now that it's time for bed. The important things have been done: washing, shopping, Toddler Group, Rosie's walks.

Pigpen, I'm pleased to hear that your DD3's journey is well under way. Does this mean that all the younger sprogs have added +1 to their numbering? - that will confuse everyone! Good luck to DD3 with her diabetes control.

(((Hugs))) spoons and sticks all round, as needed x
  • nicki_2
    nicki_2 Posts: 7,321 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I didn't get much done after my last post! I dealt with laundry, washed even more dishes, sat down on the sofa about 5pm for "5 minutes" and woke up at 8.30 when DS came home :o I was too groggy then to get changed and go out to work, especially as I don't work after 9pm!

So work didn't get done, which means Friday is catch up day. I must get up and properly dressed, books out to customers, run to the shop for a top up shop and then get stuck into the cleaning. The customer who called me today twice is actually knocking to see me tomorrow so that'll probably eat up at least an hour of my time.

I best get to bed. I may have had a sleep but I'm still tired :rotfl: :wave:
    Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning all,

Thank you for your comments about DS, very much appreciated.

Was out of the house for 12 hours yesterday, then had loads of work to do in the evening. Consequently I didn't sleep too well.

Full day of paid stuff today, I am going against the grain and letting my Year 11s chill in lesson time today, the official line is they should be revising in class today, they are all so stressed anyway about next week I have planned a fun quiz instead :D

Piggers you are right I'm just too ruddy polite for my own good sometimes...
    Dressed, hair done, war paint on, DW unloaded. Kiddies ready to go to school club in a minute. The wine is already chilling for tonight.

Have lovely days all xx
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,906 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,
    Paid stuff all day today. I emptied the dw, need to load wm for later before I go.
    ASB - as the mother of a very stressed Y11, I appreciate anyone who can give some enforced downtime so thank you, even though she’s not one of ‘your’s’. Roll on next week.
    Have a lovely day all.
  • Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all

WM
    on
    DW on
    Kitchen tidy
    Bins and recycling etc all out
    HHI done
    Banking done for me but need OH receipts

OH is off today so he has gone shopping. I have a vide conference on my phone to show the insurance assesor the damage to my roof in an hour so hoping he will agree to pay for repairs.

Bathroom work still in progress so I think I will just quickly put the hoover round to pick up the worst of the dust. Everywhere will need a good clean once he has finished cutting tiles.

Off to otherside of the water tomorrow for a family birthday, supposed to be a bbq in the garden but I guess we may be more inside than out. Will be lovely to catch up with everyone but a bit hectic to just go for one night. Also means I had better look at next weeks lessons today as I risk to be tired at the start of next week!

Right off to find hoover
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,086 Forumite
    Options
    Layla still struggling with some aspects of her new life, so I'm doubling down on her welfare today. The net result is that I'm in my office clearing paperwork and catching up with outstanding tiny jobs that have needed doing for days that I have thought about when out and about and nowhere near the computer. It's going rather well and she's as happy as can be, despite the fact that I'm leaving her behind the babygate for a few minutes repeatedly. She's not freaking out so that's good.

Twiggle has an irritating habit of sticking her head in the fridge door when it's opened. I was happily making Layla's breakfast from fridge stuff and I could hear Twiggle whinging for a few minutes. Took me a while to work out she'd climbed in really quickly and was now rather cold ....
    Better is good enough.
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,441 Forumite
    Options
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    Twiggle has an irritating habit of sticking her head in the fridge door when it's opened. I was happily making Layla's breakfast from fridge stuff and I could hear Twiggle whinging for a few minutes. Took me a while to work out she'd climbed in really quickly and was now rather cold ....

:eek::eek::eek: Hope Twiggle's not suffering from hypothermia!

Glad to hear that Layla is less stressed. With your help, Honey Bear, she will come through - it's taken 2 years for Rosie, but lots of people remark on the change in her.

I have
    - S&S'd the kitchen
    - cleared my desk of all but today's main job
    - started WMx1 of 2
    - drunk coffee
    - procrastinated whenever possible.

I simply must finish this job!... but I feel a need for chocolate first...
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,086 Forumite
    Options
    Forgot to add, I Kondo'd my jackets yesterday. Five are now ready to go to the CS, along with a pair of shoes that are lovely but not comfortable. Now all I need is 10 minutes to pop down to the Post Office and CS without Layla getting upset. I really, really want that 10 minutes today.
    Better is good enough.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport