Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Parking eye

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
56 replies 1.9K views
flopsy1973flopsy1973 Forumite
429 Posts
Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
Hi
I successfully won a parking eye appeal with popla with this forums help a few years back.. Unfortunately my partner has now got one can they still be challenged and won on the basis of the contract with landowner? Or have they got tougher now ?
Thanks

Replies

• RedxRedx Forumite
    34.5K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    more or less the same as before (but not a GPEOL is a non starter now)

read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread , it is kept up to date by regular member CM, tells you all you need to know
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    95.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends if it's a Golden Ticket (see 3rd post of NEWBIES thread for that link) and whether it's a location where you can easily get it cancelled by complaining (e.g. Morrisons, or a Hospital).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • flopsy1973flopsy1973 Forumite
    429 Posts
    ✭✭
    It was in the the rheidol retail park
  • edited 29 April 2019 at 11:11PM
    MistyZMistyZ Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    edited 29 April 2019 at 11:11PM
    flopsy1973 wrote: »

A few months back I helped someone with a POPLA appeal in relation to that car park. We were successful, though won on the standard appeal point re. the PPC's non-compliance with POFA for hire cars.

In the preamble to her decision, the assessor mentioned that P.E. covered signage in their evidence pack, but failed to mention that they also provided a copy of the landowner agreement.

That omission may simply be a case of POPLA flakiness. However it may be that the assessor decided that the contract was best left un-mentioned. It would be interesting to see what P.E. come up with this time and whether the same copy of contract is provided. I'm not sure that we completely nailed criticism of the contract, in fact I can barely understand what we wrote now. But here is how we contested it which should at least help you to compare any copy of the contract which you receive:

'Landowner Contract– The copy of the Supply Agreement provided by Parking Eye is heavily redacted. The text is fuzzy and most sections are illegible even on enlargement. As a result it is not possible to determine whether the requirements of para 7 of the BPA CoP have been complied with.
    What is clear is that the Customer identified at the beginning of the document is Downham (Downhams?) Property Limited while the company cited beside the redacted signature at the end is quite different. The document has not been signed ‘for and on behalf of the CUSTOMER’ but on behalf of a company whose name begins with a B, has an ‘s’ in the middle and contains 9 or 10 characters. Therefore I can only assume there is no Landowner Authority.'
    95.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭

and??

''Depends if it's a Golden Ticket (see 3rd post of NEWBIES thread for that link)''

??
    429 Posts
    ✭✭
    Redx wrote: »
    more or less the same as before (but not a GPEOL is a non starter now)

read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread , it is kept up to date by regular member CM, tells you all you need to know

GPEOL?
    So am likely to win it after reading the below other comments on the basis no contract with landowner do I include this in my appeal to PE?
    95.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The NEWBIES thread post #3 tells you about the points to use at POPLA stage and shows you a golden ticket. You still haven't said if you have one!

And you are not ''likely'' to win on landowner authority but it does happen.
  • The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are obviously trying to scam you so complain to your MP.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, and persistent offenders denied access. Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers.

Until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    429 Posts
    ✭✭
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    The NEWBIES thread post #3 tells you about the points to use at POPLA stage and shows you a golden ticket. You still haven't said if you have one!

And you are not ''likely'' to win on landowner authority but it does happen.

The rear of the PCN has the section about protection of freedom act 2012 so is not the golden ticket you refer to ?
    So for the appeal for PE does it matter much what I put in it as they will reject this anyway?
    429 Posts
    ✭✭
    The rear of the PCN has the section about protection of freedom act 2012 so is not the golden ticket you refer to ?
    So for the appeal for PE does it matter much what I put in it as they will reject this anyway?

i read the thread regarding complaining to LIDL one of the stores there. Whilst she did not shop there that day we regularly use them is it worth writing to them too ?

thanks
This discussion has been closed.