PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 29th April 2019

Comments

• Hi, thank you all so much for the warm welcome, it's very much appreciated. I'm not at all bothered what my nickname is, but it's nice to have one.
    I've done all level one, and the bin cupboard.
    The floors have all been hoovered throughout. Sounds saintly but I have to be honest - it's just as easy to carry on here as I'm all on one level.
    And I've done the half hour in the garden.
    A bit of grin and bear it, a bit of come and share it
    You're welcome we can spare it, yellow socks
  • Trying to stay awake after an entire two and a half hour's sleep overnight.

Started the day by calling Himself a very rude thing when he woke me up and promptly either pretended to or did actually doze off again, decided that if I was up, nobody got to sleep and pulled the curtain so hard, the pole fell off.

Amazingly, got an appointment at the GP straight after that and the upshot was

a. No, not many people are immune to sleeping tablets, but a few are.
    b. Try these different ones for one week.
    c. Come back and we'll talk about sleep disorders or ADHD, as it's been a thing forever.

Then went and found out my usual eyebrows and chin threading is now a full face wax - including, horrifyingly enough, the bridge of my nose. But the lady was nice and I got a free 5min face massage with copious amounts of aloe vera and some sort of scented oil because she felt sorry for me (I was obviously bright red and, naturally, have black holes under my eyes so bad they have an event horizon).

Feeling very rough, but I will make it to 10pm, take a new pill and hope it works.

If he wakes me up again tonight/in the morning, I might just have to kill him. Listening to him snore through the night, having disturbed me just as I thought I might drop off by putting a video on his phone with the brightest, bluest light in the world was annoying, but then to wake me up AND go back to sleep? Argh. It was a very rude word.

Heard him sighing to himself as he did some washing up earlier, but he's not mentioned anything. Reckon he'll stay clear until I'm out of it. Hopefully he'll be quiet then.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Evening.
    I didn’t get as much done this evening as I had intended but that was probably always going to be the case. Before I left this morning though I did run round (literally!) to clear the ironing pile, sort clean clothes and to s&s the bathrooms.

Wm x1 run this evening and towels got a short airing outside. DW just run on a rinse and the salt now needs to be refilled. The kitchen has had a wipe down, including the kettle, coffee machine and toaster. Floor swept but it really needs a mop tomorrow. Bin emptied and recycling is out for tomorrow’s collection.
    Somehow I have managed to nick my finger on the grater so I am sitting here with massive padding on my finger as it’s one of those nuisance ones that is nothing but insists on bleeding. No one has noticed so any sympathy I might have warranted from such a whacking great bandage contraption has not been forthcoming. Good job I’m not needy.:D
  • Fayolle
    Good morning.
    Me again. It’s my non working day today. So far I have thrown towels into the wm, dusted the dining room, spotted cobwebs in said DR which I may feel obliged to deal with later.
    First on my list now is bathrooms, then I need to go to the allotment as it is looking so neglected. I sway between thinking this allotment is such a good idea and what on earth am I doing. Today is one of the latter days. I have to be back by midday to wait in for a delivery for DH. I’m keeping fingers crossed that they come sooner rather than later as I really also need to get another coat of paint in the bedroom ceiling.
    Hugs all round. LW - are you ok? X
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,834 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Morning

Yesterday afternoon, did a load of gardening, including digging up some spring bulbs, daffs and alike, as all I had this year in places was a load of leaves, according to internet, that means they are too tightly together and it was right, loads of bulbs all tightly packed together so they are now split and drying out, I'll replant them in autumn.

Bins has been emptied
    Mountsockmore has gone! :)
    General stuff is done
    Volunteering in a bit
    This afternoon, going to work out May's money / money shuffle / update spread sheet as to how much I spent in April v Budget.........

Have a good day
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,975 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Prom ticket bought.. 22nd June.. someone make a note because I'm going to forget!! lol.. I've written it in 97 places!

Beasties all off to school/college/gym/out.

I really need to do something productive today !!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,754 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Washing on line
    Ironing pile cleared (for now - will be refilled later)
    DW emptied
    Got BOTH years in Popmaster WOOT!
    DS' work (suit) trousers in on a gentle wash
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Morning all :hello:

I will have plenty of time for flying later, I usually go to the gym on a Tuesday but as my car is in for its service, my walking to and from the train station (and work) will be more than enough exercise.

My plan for when I get home:
    - bring in washing that OH has put outside
    - iron whatever needs doing
    - put on dark wash
    - re-pot chilli plants now they have grown
    - wipe down bathroom and kitchen
    - empty bins and recycling
    - vacuum where needed

Ordinarily I wouldn't do a second wash today but we are quite busy tomorrow and Thursday so I won't be able to do my usual job of putting a delayed wash on in the morning ready to put on the radiators when I get in

:D
  • Fayolle
    A couple of hours digging and weeding ticked off. I’ve put a second load of washing in and am running the dw now while I look for other quiet jobs to do so that I don’t miss the delivery men knocking. What a shame that I threw the duster into the wm earlier ;).
    Windows are open, letting in the sunshine.
  • It was fairly straight, so I've done a selection as below. My dining table and chairs are in here too, so they've had a good wipe over as well. Especially proud of my gleaming windows and frames!

Level 1
    Open the window (don't mind if I do!!)
    Give the sofas and seats the once over - leather wipe or a just-damp cloth to move any marks
    Rinse and squeeze out the cloth and wipe sockets, switches and door handles

Level 2

Level 3
    Polish the windows
    Make sure that nothing is in here which doesn't live here (this took longer than I expected!)

S&S in the kitchen and bathroom
    A bit of grin and bear it, a bit of come and share it
    You're welcome we can spare it, yellow socks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills