The Last Furlong

Comments

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Glad you are settling in. I found sleeping easier last night too.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,179 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Good news on the broadband & utilities :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Glad the move went smoothly and you are all settled in.

Enjoy your new home xx
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,246 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Glad to read you're all settled in your new home :) New beginnings :j
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • The good , I have ordered my blinds today . Got a few things sorted out on the finance front. Car insurance renewal was £392 , almost a £100 more than last year. Did some quotes and got as low as £347 . Decided to phone existing insurance and they got it down to £330 so have renewed with them. Paid in full again, that always feels good.

The bad , either I am imagining things but I think I may have squirrels in my loft. When I sit near the window there is a big air vent and I keep intermittently hearing noises from it, then like scratching noises , but only in this corner, nowhere else. Not sure , but will phone pest control at local council Monday . I have a leak on my washing machine as well , that's getting sorted tomorrow . Then the fan in the bathroom seems to be on all the time so that's getting sorted tomorrow. All things sent to try.
    Debt free April 26th 2021

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,246 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Squirrels hopefully preferable to mice or rats? Good job not bats as they are preserved. Sorry there are a few snagging problems, hope you get them sorted soon.

Re the house insurance I only ever pay around £100 for buildings and contents for the year, although my house is always occupied 24-7 which may help. I reckon you could get yours a lot cheaper though.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • It was car insurance SA not house insurance.
    Debt free April 26th 2021

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,179 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    EEk to the squirrals.
    Boo to the WM.
    Good news on the blinds.
    Enjoy your weekend :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Willowtree222
    Willowtree222 Posts: 7,694 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hopefully it is something they can get rid of quite quickly for you. I hate how insurances always up their price and then they bring it down again when you phone them. If they gave you the best price in the first place, it would save them and us a lot of time. x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Well done on sorting out all your packing! And it was so hot that day too!:j

Oh dear to the 'lodgers' though. Hopefully you can get them evicted soon!:eek:

When the new blinds are up they'll bring a smile to your face!

Have a good Saturday!
    x
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income