We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Giving up/ Cutting Down Alcohol Thread Part 16

1…297298300302303…694

Comments

  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,471
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    6/18 today please
  • CuppaTea
    CuppaTea Posts: 1,391
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    9/18 for me please
    Live for the moment and plan for the future
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 16,963
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Morning all, 13/21 for me please. :)

    I just dug out 10 bottles of wine I had stored in the junk room in a box under a table. They were mostly white wine and dated 2012 or 2013. I chucked the lot down the sink. They won't be any good anyway after this length of time but also I just don't really drink wine at home any more and I certainly don't drink like I used to. Back in the day I belonged to not one but two wine clubs! Madness. It felt good to throw them out. :)
  • sukeyboo
    sukeyboo Posts: 2,532
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    7/15 for today please Shaggy
  • pollyanna24
    pollyanna24 Posts: 4,391
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I am up to 8 for this month and 1/5 for the SNC.

    My 11 year old made me think the other day. She announced that she wants to be a grown up that doesn't drink like her uncle and granddad.

    Now at the time, I was partaking of a cup of tea, but I have never made it a secret that I think I drink too much and that I am trying to cut down. I just wonder what made it pop into her head to say that.

    Of course, a lot might change by the time she gets into her teens!
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
  • Arkers
    Arkers Posts: 1,587
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Good afternoon everyone,
    13 please Shaggy
    Arkers x
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,920
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    9/26 AFDs today
  • PriceySOS
    PriceySOS Posts: 887
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    Forumite
    10 please, thanks
  • maman
    maman Posts: 30,872
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    My plan this week is to get to my base target of 10 and then try to get as many bonus days as I can.:)

    I don't think I signed up yet for the SNC but may I try for 4 please?:)

    I'm out and driving for the next 3 evenings so that'll make it easy.

    8/10 AFDs please Shaggy
    and 1/4 for the SNC.
  • shaggydoo
    shaggydoo Posts: 8,435
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Arsenal 4/531.gif31.gif31.gif31.gif
    LoveASale 5/5 31.gif31.gif31.gif31.gif31.gif
    Maman 4/4 31.gif31.gif31.gif31.gif

    Mara 5/531.gif31.gif31.gif31.gif31.gif
    PollyAnna 5/531.gif31.gif31.gif31.gif31.gif
    Shaggy 5/531.gif31.gif31.gif31.gif31.gif
    WBF 3/431.gif31.gif31.gif
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.