🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Giving up/ Cutting Down Alcohol Thread Part 16

Options

Comments

• marahouti
    marahouti Posts: 1,588 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Well done Season of Mist :T. 100 days AF is a huge achievement. X
  • rosy10
    rosy10 Posts: 154 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    good evening everyone!

4/TF, thank you Shaggy. Tomorrow won't be AF as it's our silver wedding anniversary, but will be back in the AF swing Wed!
    Many, many congratulations on the AF stretch, Season of Mist, it's a fabulous achievement.

I love the August banner, Shaggy. This year seems to be racing by!
  • marahouti
    marahouti Posts: 1,588 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Good morning all .5/22 for August and 3/5 SNC please Shaggy. Thank you. X
  • arsenalbarnie
    Options
    Well done Season of mist 100 days is an amazing achievement. 25 years married rosy 10 congratulations too and enjoy your tipple today.

I enjoyed the bubbly on Sat and Sun. I was quite restrained for me, have been since the op and I hope it stays that way. Yesterday was an afd so 3/17 please Shaggy.

Total weight lost 6.5/73lbs starting yet again. Afds August 10/15. /8 Sept.
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,586 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning all, 6/21 today thanks. :) Rosy, hope the celebrations go well! :)
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • sukeyboo
    sukeyboo Posts: 2,074 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Congratulations to Season of Mist for your 100 days AF and to Rosy for your Silver Wedding anniversary - enjoy your celebrations :T

Was AF on Sunday (which is quite unusual for me) as I knew I was going to be having a drink yesterday - also declaring early for today so that takes me to 3/12 please Shaggy

Many thanks to Shaggy for the monthly totals & cathybird for the annual totals :T:T:T
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,094 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the good wishes. It is only 100 days after all and that total is vanishingly small next to HB’s recent 5 year AF anniversary, but it’s an achievement for me.

It's a heck of an achievement for anyone, at any time. I was desperate to stop my endless cycle of drinking, poor sleep, hangovers, struggling through the day, drinking ... rinse and repeat for 10 years. However, in the early days, trying to rack up the first 100 days I was also desperate to get to six months, a year, two years etc. Five years was unimaginable then, and it seems like a miracle to me even now. The only way I got here was knowing that the longest journey starts with one step - and we can all manage one step on the journey if we have to.

I am in awe of anyone who stops for 100 Days because I know just how much determination it takes. Where I am now, this is just coasting. It's so much easier that it's positively embarassing when people congratulate me while working on their first week, month, 100 days, or year. Truly. I admire you more than you know.

6/31 please, Shaggy.
    Better is good enough.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,678 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Congratulations rosy. Hope you have a really good day.:)

Small victory last night. I was in a bar and had a coffee. Would have been easy to join the others but I'd committed on here for the day and stuck to my guns. :D

4/10 AFDs please Shaggy
  • Arkers
    Arkers Posts: 1,537 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    5 please Shaggy
    Congratulations SOM[/COLOR]100 days is impressive. Are you carrying on with not drinking?

Have a good Tuesday everyone.

Arkers x
  • Wanna_Bee_Free
    Options
    I've been off having fun in July and have only done 3/16 in July. Declaring early for tonight to get August started: 1/16.
    Well that plan didn't work. Lunch with a work colleague included a glass of wine. I have got off the mark today instead so still on 1/16.

Well done on 100 days Season of Mist.

Sleep well everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills