PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 25th March 2019

Options

Comments

• ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks for GWS messages. The bruises are going yellow now, but I still look like a cross between Chi-Chi and Dracula. I am weighing up whether or not to go to a funeral at 12.30: I ought to go, but I don't want to be a distraction.

I must run the Toddler group tomorrow because there is only one other helper available apart from the mums and grannies, and it's our first birthday party. We need mini cakes and jelly squares!

Washing and ironing are up to date. Rosie is happy to be home and is shedding fluff everywhere (she was groomed and bathed at the kennels). The garden needs sorting as soon as as I feel up to it. My seeds are shooting up :D
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,683 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Only flying today hasbeen:
    - one load washing hung out
    - another load put on
    - washing up done

Then went to aqua and now at uni with a much- needed C0sta having been rung at 8am by social worker to say that carers have been found and can mil go home this afternoon! Having sat at her flat on Mon waiting for the plumber who is now awaiting parts for her shower, the answer was no. Social worker unimpressed so suggested Sat. Oh well, I'm at a conference in London on Sat. Life is getting rather wearing.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,054 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    ooh Iona... not good.. glad you're healing though.. Pixie broke hers a couple of days before Christmas and her bruises took a while to go and the swelling is still slowly going down.

Boiler engineer coming out again tomorrow.. the darn thing is STILL erroring.. he claimed it was dirt clogging up the boiler and replaced the allegedly blocked parts.. 3 hours after he had gone.. it errored again.. now I don't care who they are I know there is no way new parts can become blocked with dirt in 3 hours.. he was just fobbing me off. I have an appointment to get the system power flushed for the sake of arguments but I need heating and hot water in the meantime!

TD still not repaired .. I may need to call them but I think it is going to be a new dryer jobby.. it is 'too old' apparently and the parts probably aren't available.
    WM number 2 sounds like the brushes have gone as well now so thats super noisy.. and likely to be being replaced sooner rather than later.. I'm on the verge of 100% new appliances in the kitchen!

New bath arrived yesterday.. it is TINY. that and the shower are being fitted on 23/24th April..

New shed shelves arrived today so thats OH's job for Friday/Saturday when he is off.

DD1's Jazzles was 1 yesterday so we have birthday party on Saturday too.

Other than that I have done nothing, dropped a rage on DS3's head.. a catastrophic event of apocolyptic proportions! I bellowed so loud my throat hurts and I almost expired! I haven't done that in years, I don't even think I have since CF left. On a CF note.. it was 10 years on Friday that he actually finally left for good . . best day of my life!!

Anyway.. Bed time for evil minions..

love and hugs and all that.. might not get back this week because I'm busy!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,941 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all. Hope you're all ok. I've not posted for a few days but have been flying. I even completed all of yesterday's list.

Hope your bruises go soon Ionafan.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Morning. Finally got a day at home with small in childcare. Plasterer is doing her last bits today (she needs to come back when the fireplaces have been done but the majority of the work is done.)
    Here is my todo list and I'll update throughout the day to keep motivated:

To do
    Take Pickle to Childminder's
    Visit the cash machine
    Wash all washing
    Hang all wet washing up
    Put all dry washing away
    Clean bathroom door
    Clean bathroom floor
    Rinse the bathroom sink (it's had cleaning magic stuff down it all night)
    Rinse the bath (as above)
    Do drain buster stuff on shower
    Put items back in bathroom, flinging where possible.
    Deep clean and de clutter of kitchen
    Wipe plaster dust from surfaces in dining room
    Wipe plaster dust from surfaces in living room
    Hoover sofa 1
    Hoover sofa 2
    Hoover chair
    Mop living room floor
    Mop dining room floor
    Polish dining room table
    Work stuff into office
    Clear hallway radiator
    Clear hallway floor
    Plastering rubbish to tip (maybe, depends how heavy the bags are)
    Tidy up pickles room as best as I can
    Tidy our room as best as I can (both storing stuff that should be downstairs)
    Meal plan
    Shopping list
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all

Working late morning so first part of the morning will be clean jobs, ironing, washing and admin.

Home at lunchtime so then want to get on with clearing out our bathroom as man is hoping to start demolishing it on Monday morning and we're away for the weekend. Also need to change sheets on DD1 bed and mop her floors and clean her bathroom. She's coming home next week for 6 weeks as she is training in our local hospital.

See you later
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,912 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning.
    I’m worn out just reading that list, Wishing!
    I feel like I’ve been in headless chicken mode for a couple of days. It’s a good job that I made list progress on Tuesday. Paperwork mountain has been added to.
    Once DD is out the door in a few minutes, I will strip her bedding to wash later. Maybe even run the vacuum round upstairs before I leave. Clean washing has been sorted, QHI done, dinner for tonight thought about.
    Have a lovely day all.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Quick wipe down last night and washing up done straight after dinner (and once before, actually, due to OH using lots of pots and pans)
    Phoned my dad to say hi and see how he is :)

Washing in the WM this morning for OH to put out to dry before he leaves for work, will work through the minimal amount of ironing after the gym tonight before it becomes the usual mountain. Will test all alarms prior to gym so as not to annoy neighbours with beeping post 8:30 pm :o
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    WM is on
    Wondow cleaners came yesterday and also cleaned the guttering out for me, I have just been out and cleaned the mess up they made, but I am not sure they cleaned out the one I wanted them to do, I cannot get up there to check, it was just no mess or ladder marks in the lawn makes me wonder, next time it rains I'll know!!
    Just sold to eby item on best offer well chuffed, as one was a high priced item, both yet to be paid for, one is cash on collection!.
    Hoovering down stairs all done
    Fresh daffs picked and in a vase

Going to start the end of year stuff......................
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Plasterer hasn't arrived yet, so i can't do if the downstairs jobs that are left. But pretty pleased with what I've achieved so far.

Fayolle - I'm not going to get it all done, but there is so much to do I had to empty my brain onto the page.

Just having some scran now, then back to it. Upstairs hallway and our bedroom are next on the list.

To do
    [STRIKE]Take Pickle to Childminder's
    Visit the cash machine
    Wash all washing
    Hang all wet washing up[/STRIKE]5 loads in total washed and hung up
    Put all dry washing away
    [STRIKE]Clean bathroom door
    Clean bathroom floor
    Rinse the bathroom sink (it's had cleaning magic stuff down it all night)
    Rinse the bath (as above)
    Do drain buster stuff on shower
    Put items back in bathroom, flinging where possible. [/STRIKE]
    Deep clean and de clutter of kitchen
    Wipe plaster dust from surfaces in dining room
    Wipe plaster dust from surfaces in living room
    Hoover sofa 1
    Hoover sofa 2
    Hoover chair
    Mop living room floor
    Mop dining room floor
    Polish dining room table
    Work stuff into office
    [STRIKE]Clear hallway radiator
    Clear hallway floor[/STRIKE]
    Plastering rubbish to tip (maybe, depends how heavy the bags are)its in the car ready to go
    [STRIKE]Tidy up pickles room as best as I can[/STRIKE]this involved putting all the toys back in the correct places and a declutter & clean. Took ages, but worth it.
    Tidy our room as best as I can (both storing stuff that should be downstairs)
    Meal plan
    Shopping list
    Stuff to charity shop
    Write and post Mother's Day card
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport