PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 25th March 2019

Options

Comments

• LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Catching up with ourselves after having a Jack Russell and a Jackahuahua to stay for the weekend.

Loads of washing shifted, to take advantage of good drying weather. Also washed my woolen wrap, as Milly (Jackahuahua) decided it was the perfect thing to snooze on, and it was consequently smelling a tad "doggy".

Did an hour and a half in the garden yesterday - while Mr Wolf faffed around sweeping the drive.:mad:

Horse-piddle tomorrow - he has to see the screening practitioner for a chat prior to his colonoscopy. So I'll be doing the usual when he has appointments there - going with him to bring the car home and thus avoid the eye-watering parking fee.

The zip has gone on my ancient and venerable fleece; but there's nothing radically wrong with the fleece itself (ie it's fine for gardening and dog-walking) so I thought if I got 4 or 5 large buttons, and made some loops with some sort of thick-ish cord to go the other side to fasten to the buttons, it could still be used. I just need to see what I can dig up from in the sewing box.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,837 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    kitchen cleaned
    bathroom cleaned
    Lunch made plus extra stuff cooked for work lunches. Salad for today eaten and salad for tomorrow prepped
    4 loads of washing pegged out; aired ironing put away. All washing brought in, maidenful ironed plus 5 tops/shirts and two pairs of DS's trousers ironed and hung on hangers. Socks paired and on radiator to air later.
    Loads and loads of recycling out; as I brought some from work (water was used in science).
    Binbag dance to empty all bins.
    Missing shirt button sewn on.
    DS's bed made with fresh bedding; mine made.

Going to have a bit of me time now, with a book.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,683 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    ionafan wrote: »
    Morning all - I'm back :wave:

Unfortunately I have brought home an unwanted memento - a badly broken nose. I was crossing a road, tripped and landed flat on my face. Just like that. Crunch. Got taken by ambulance to A&E, where some wonderful NHS staff scanned me and patched me up, and I made my own way back to my daughter's, but it meant that we had to cancel a long-anticipated visit which was the original reason for going there. I am now doing a very bad impersonation of a panda crossed with Dracula, with 2 lovely black eyes and the bruises draining down to my jaw! Amazingly, the rest of me is OK. I didn't even break my glasses. I have to go to ENT at our local hospital next week.

Ouch indeed, it's amazing how much they bruise - I fell in a concrete cellar when I was 11 and had to start big school with black eyes. Hope you feel better soon.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ouch, Iona.

Busy day. Bathrooms cleaned with the timer going. 2 loads of washing done. 2 hours digging and onion planting at the allotment. Slinky has a lot to answer for. Back home pushing a heavy barrow. Quick lunch then into work for a couple of hours. Home to find that the greenhouse window opener thingy has broken so the plants were dying in 30 degree heat. Plants resurrected or thrown. Dinner prepped and now cooking.

Just the lunches for tomorrow to prepare after dinner, then I am going to collapse in front of either Sewing Bee or Masterchef. Paperwork peak is now a mountain range.
  • Guineapigsqueaks
    Options
    Thank you for the lists, not that I've done any of it yet :o.

Have cooked tea, eaten tea, folded a load of TD. Washed sandwich boxes and water bottles. Emptied all bins. Unpacked fruit top up bought at lunchtime. Rearranged fridge as food gets used up.

I am having a cuppa and letting my tea go down before I do anything else. I've booked this weekend's Asda delivery and done some online money stuff, including paying kids their monthly allowances.

Hopefully report some progress later.

Guineapigsqueaks x

Keep Smiling :)
  • Guineapigsqueaks
    Options
    So, managed to stack DW with as many pots as possible, running now. Put away laundry folded earlier. Delicates wash through and on clothes horse. Had bath. Cleaned soap dish, replenished loo rolls, changed hand towels and tea towel. Full whites load in WM ready to go through tomorrow night. Bleached sink and new washing up sponge. Swept kitchen floor and wiped kitchen bin lid. Packed sandwich boxes with non-fridge items. Checked lotto ticket I've had since Christmas, didn't win. Dished out supper to kids. Put numerous pairs of shoes away, still plenty decorating hall floor.
    Work earlier than usual tomorrow morning, so best not stay up too late. Night all.
    Guineapigsqueaks x

Keep Smiling :)
  • Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Quick hello from me this morning before I go out to work. I really appreciated coming home to a clear kitchen and living room (reasonably clear) so I will be working hard again to keep it that way. Ironing is all gone and washing is not out of control, will put another load in on my way out today and put yesterday's load away before I go out.

To do before I go out:

WM
    Leftover curry into freezer
    WU (1 pan)
    Iron, fold, put away dry washing

Better get going
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,837 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning.

Off out for a full day at the chalkface; washing on line - towels and cleaning cloths.

DW emptied

Hope you all have good days and the black eyes are less black.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yesterday was fun - I was running the vacuum round upstairs, picked up a games case OH's little boy had left laying around on the floor in front of his tv, and underneath it found a tub's worth of bright pink putty/slime pancaked into our (rented) beige carpet. So, 10 minutes of vacuuming turned into nearly two hours of picking out putty from the carpet and using nearly a whole bottle of upholstery cleaner to try and get out the bright pink stain. It's nearly all gone, but I ran out of cleaner!

(and of course, little boy is adamant he left it on the side....) :mad:
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Iona, hope the eyes are improving

Machine walk done
    1 item on eby sold and packed
    Kitchen done
    Shower leak remastic, hopefully it will stop leaking now.
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills