IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Court claim

Options

Comments

• 1shaz1234
    1shaz1234 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Le_Kirk, I'm not too sure what you mean by that or what the paragraph states as I am a bit confused.
    Are you saying that I need an introduction to clarify what the defence would be about? is that necessary?
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,338 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Put yourself in the position of the judge (or anybody else) reading that defence without foreknowledge of all that has gone before, would you know to which parking event, which car park, what date etc it related.
    If you check out some of the concisely written defences in the NEWBIE thread post # 2, you will see that most, if not all of them, have that paragraph. However, IANAL and only advise what I have read and seen on this forum many times. It is, of course, your decision.
  • 1shaz1234
    edited 24 March 2019 at 6:50PM
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    looks a lot better now

no , not point 8 , but the last sentence (the statement of truth) was what I meant

so now its a raeasonable draft you need to adapt it according to any critique of the content (or lack of) , like mentioned above , address things like POC and whatever the signage offered , or did not offer , as in FORBIDDING SIGNAGE ?

so you have the basics correct now, so the content is now what matters, so it may need edits, additions and subtractions, as appropriate , which I have no training to give

the advice I gave was common sense, especially when the layout of HEADER , FOOTER and NUMBERING was already written by BARGEPOLE

so a lot better, now just need suitable edits etc before it is submitted by email by 4pm tomorrow, as a signed and dated pdf attachment

I will update my defence to include more content, thank you, is it okay if i post the rest on here?
  • 1shaz1234
    Options
    Le_Kirk wrote: »
    Put yourself in the position of the judge (or anybody else) reading that defence without foreknowledge of all that has gone before, would you know to which parking event, which car park, what date etc it related.
    If you check out some of the concisely written defences in the NEWBIE thread post # 2, you will see that most, if not all of them, have that paragraph. However, IANAL and only advise what I have read and seen on this forum many times. It is, of course, your decision.

Oh okay I understand now, thank you for making that clear to me
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,180 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I would remove your #1 and defend this as driver, as you will be able to come across as an honest witness if you can talk with knowledge about the car only being pulled over for less than 5 minutes and not actually parked/left in a space, and they crept up behind you to take photos from the back!

Replace #1 with the words suggested by Le_Kirk, suitably adapted to mention the car park in question.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • 1shaz1234
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    I would remove your #1 and defend this as driver, as you will be able to come across as an honest witness if you can talk with knowledge about the car only being pulled over for less than 5 minutes and not actually parked/left in a space, and they crept up behind you to take photos from the back!

Replace #1 with the words suggested by Le_Kirk, suitably adapted to mention the car park in question.

Yes this is exactly what had happened and I will change this just before I send it through. Thank you very much for that. Just a quick question can I not send it through just as an email rather than sending it through as a PDF?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    no , because it has to be a signed and dated document and officially documents are pdf,s , like car insurance, house insurance , holiday bookings , bank statements etc

surely you have had these emailed to you in recent times ?
  • 1shaz1234
    Options
    no , because it has to be a signed and dated document and officially documents are pdf,s , like car insurance, house insurance , holiday bookings , bank statements etc

surely you have had these emailed to you in recent times ?
    Okay fair enough, I will send it as a PDF. Thank you everyone for helping.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    this isnt our first rodeo you know

you really do need to learn to do what you have been advised to do and stop questioning everything you are told
  • 1shaz1234
    Options
    this isnt our first rodeo you know

you really do need to learn to do what you have been advised to do and stop questioning everything you are told

My intention was not to offend you and if I have then i apologise about that. Thank you very much for helping me out. I have now sent my defence through.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure