IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking eye, POPLA appeal rejected, next??

Options
124»

Comments

• Elena196
    Elena196 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Thankyou! I read the explanation on the link you sent that I could have infact paid up until midnight on that day I parked for the extra time. However as you said this is not clearly explained at all in the signage in the car park of the hospital! I took a picture , where it simply says you can purchase additional time before leaving. It does not have on the sign a clear explanation of this as you said like it does on the website, and I would have thought additional time wouldn't have helped if the clock started so to speak from when I purchase it (meaning there would have been a missing 20 mins as far as I could make sense of it while I was still at my appointment). I guess it depends on the judge on the day in court what he thinks is fair. As POPLA rejected it I guess officially I have not adhered to the rules. I do partly feel like I'll be helping others at hospital car parks with this rediculous unclear system if I did go to court and hopefully win! I believe today is my final day to pay and decide (28 days from POPLA rejection of my appeal) So till tonight to decide! Any encouraging words to fight this be appreciated. Thanks everyone. I'll try giving PALS a call again now.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Please re-read post #26 above.
  • Elena196
    Options
    As I've been asked to re-read it how do I find them numbered...in this thread I presume? Thanks
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Elena196 wrote: »
    As I've been asked to re-read it how do I find them numbered...in this thread I presume? Thanks
    Every post has a #nn number in the top right hand corner.

For example, this post is post #35 in this thread.
    Your most recent post is numbered #34.

You were asked to re=read post #26 in this thread.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    very few people if any are going to read your wall of text posts , especially me

if you put some effort into spacing like this reply you are more likely to get replies that help instead of criticism about your lack or paragraphs and line spacing

this will become crucial for you if this goes before a judge

so make them look like this post, its not that difficult to do
  • Elena196
    Options
    Ok so as using my phone to read these the numbers on the posts aren't visible unless I turn phone on side.
    See it now.
    Got it.
    However no new insight on fighting this case. I've probably got till midnight..ie 20mins on the payment deadline as to decide whether to pay the fine or go to court.
    As I said before I feel at least if I do go to court it could help others with Hospital parking craziness, if I win.
    As POPLA rejected my appeal they obviously feel I was in the wrong.
    I do feel I'd need back up to fight this from PALS who I have still not heard back from, and ideally my MP who I will write to , to ask her support too.
    As a previous person posted on this thread, and pointed out to me ,the signage I don't think is very clear about paying the time once leaving the hospital. All I'd have had to do would be pay an extra £1.
    So I will probably wait for court summons, and get my MP to back me up hopefully!
  • Elena196
    Options
    Has anyone read the thread titled , Parking Eye, Barnet Hospital, Success!
    Keith P , you made the last post, about it...here you said
    " I think what they might be saying about PoPLA is that once PE have had to pay for a PoPLA appeal to be heard, PE will not cancel unless someone pays the PoPLA fee (£27 is it?).
    Barnet Hospital obviously don't want to pay that, hence their stance."
    Here you see the strange reasoning behind Parking Eye not cancelling a fine , if it has been through POPLA , as it costs them £27!!
  • MistyZ
    MistyZ Posts: 1,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 21 March 2019 at 10:39AM
    Options
    Hi there,

a few things .... for a start, it's worth noting that POPLA makes bad decisions all the time. It's usually worth doing, but outcomes are somewhat inconsistent. So don't draw any conclusions about your prospects from here on from your unsuccessful POPLA appeal.

Although the hospital may have to pay a small amount of money to get the PCN cancelled, it is still worth persevering with PALS. I think a lot of us are very aware that the NHS is strapped for cash, very grateful for the medical care we receive, but that does not mean that we have to put up with car park madness. For many people these invoices are not so much a slap in the face as a punch in the face.

There have been quite a few patients with PCNs from hospital car parks on here. It is usually easy to see why they were in no fit state to work out exactly how the parking 'system' 'works'. So when you contact PALS again, please point out all the reasons why you couldn't understand it at the time and do so very firmly.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but just occasionally there's something about the way you order words that makes me think English may not be your first language. Is that so? If I'm correct, that's another point to emphasise to PALS.

Apparently it is much harder to get the most from this forum on a phone. If you have access to a laptop or PC you may have an easier time of it.
  • Elena196
    Options
    Thanks.
    Still waiting for reply from PALS. Apparently my email has been redirected to another email when I called them so hopefully I'll hear from them, but I wrote to them nearly a week ago and not heard anything.

I have been told on this forum it is more difficult to fight my case and get support from PALS once POPLA have already rejected my appeal so that is not encouraging. Once they reply I will re-emphasise the confusion with the parking signage.

I will write to my MP.
    Any tips on what to write to her may be useful?

Also how long before I get a court summons does anyone know once my payment fine deadline of 28 days has passed?

Thankyou all , I'm trying to make my posts clearer and some paragraphs you will note!
  • Elena196
    Options
    I have signed in on Parking Eye to see if my fine is still live so to speak. It does appear to still be there at £100. I wonder how long it's available for me to 'give in' if I decide not to fight this..if anyone knows?
    (I'm still on the brink of deciding as it still seems to be available!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure