IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking eye, POPLA appeal rejected, next??

Options

Comments

• Elena196
    Elena196 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks , I looked through the case on the link you sent, previous with Barnet Hospital..I read through quite a lot but just saw reference to a previous case , didn't actually see what the outcome with that case (the guy with his 13yr old son that never actually parked at all!) So did he win eventually and PE were ordered to cancel the fine? I couldn't actually see on there..Anyway still not sure what I should do. I got an email address to write to from PALS I was told to send them my pack of evidence /parking dispute that POPLA put together so nicely for me!...I've not got long left, days wise till the 28day deadline to decide weather to pay or not, I'll email them tomorrow but might not get a reply in time...
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,785 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You need to cite the NHS Car Parking Principles, as we said. Google them and read them.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Elena196
    Options
    Hi, I've got one day left till tomorrow now to decide to pay the £100 fine or wait for court summons and fight my case. I wrote to PALS , don't believe I got a reply yet. With the background story , my recorded hospital appointment with letter from the doc, do you think in your opinion I have a good chance of winning in court? I'm going to walk (dare not take my car) into the hospital today to double check Thier parking signs about whether I could have topped up payment before I left. I could go see if I could actually speak to someone at PALS while I'm there. The NHS car parking principles are on the government website you said, so it's Government law then? (Especially the paragraph sited in this thread , that if an appointment over runs the patient shouldn't be fined for parking. Also do you know if the guy you directed me to his story at Barnet hospital who never actually found a parking space, do you know if he won? U couldn't tell from all the info I read? Thank you for your help!
  • Elena196
    Options
    When you say it concluded with PE discontinuation presume that means the guy did win then in the end? I re-read on this thread about trying to get PALS at least to support me in my case with perhaps a letter from them for the judge. As said with that plus the letter from the doc plus the info on the Government PALS page stating this " Trusts should consider installing ‘pay on exit’ or similar schemes so that drivers pay only for the time that they have used. Additional charges should only be imposed where reasonable 5and should be waived when overstaying is beyond the driver’s control (eg when treatment takes longer than planned, " I should be able to win. I've never been to court, is it not as daunting as it seems if I have my evidence? I'm not going to pay for a lawyer !! thanks
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,359 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Why don't you put some paragraphs into your text. They become impossible to read all the time.

Make it easier for those whose help you need.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Elena196
    Options
    As I've written already perhaps you can manage to read anyway despite no paragraph spacing?
  • Elena196
    Options
    When u have time be grateful for your reply. Thanks
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Please feel free to edit your posts at any time. :D
  • Elena196
    Options
    Her is what I asked earlier,
    1. Do you know if the guy you directed me to his story at Barnet hospital who never actually found a parking space, do you know if he won? I couldn't tell from all the info I read?

2. I went to look at the parking signs today to double check at the hospital. It does state one can pay additional time before leaving. I just didn't realise if I'd exceeded my paid time already I would have been able to add to it. It wouldn't make sense to me to pay on exit for extra time but maybe that's what it meant on the sign. If this is the case then I guess Parking Eye could hold that against me. From thier point of view I guess that was an option although to add parking once exiting doesn't make sense, I'd have thought it was only possible to add at the time my paid time has expired.
    So with this point any thoughts on my likelihood of winning my case? As POPLA have already rejected my appeal as well?
    Obviously I don't want to end up paying court costs etc if I loose, so maybe it's better to give in and pay the £100 instead of £175 if I loose.
    Feedback be appreciated. Thank you
  • MistyZ
    MistyZ Posts: 1,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 19 March 2019 at 10:00PM
    Options
    Question 1. I took a look at the Pepipoo post and the last post on the Barnet Hospital thread was in Mid January. Either the guy gave up or is still awaiting the court case.

Question 2. It seems to me that P.E.'s parking 'system' is rather difficult to understand. What is clear is that you have taken a look at the signs and still don't understand them. Therefore it is very likely that they are not fit for purpose.

If you decide to take this as far as court, you will get great support here. And for your part, you need to ask one clear question at a time I reckon!

Edit: just found this which explains the parking system at the hospital:

https://www.royalfree.nhs.uk/contact-us/getting-to-our-hospitals/parking-at-our-hospitals/

However, there is a big difference sitting on the sofa looking at a website & trying to understand cr*ppy signs when feeling flustered or distressed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure